The demand for the VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) system is increasing every day, owing to its cost-effectiveness and convenience. Around 31% of all companies use VoIP systems. That’s almost one-third of all the businesses out there.
Out of all the VoIP software, Aircall is one of the most popular ones. Aircall allows businesses to create virtual call centers via its cloud-based system. This means you can run a call center without having to invest in the traditional phone system.
While it seems like a great deal, Aircall does lack some critical features required to run a support center like text messaging, internal calls, conference calls, and more.
There are plenty of Aircall alternatives that can meet your requirements without affecting your budget. Let’s take a look at them.
Top Aircall Alternatives
CallHippo is one of the best Aircall alternatives, owing to its affordable price and an extensive list of features. CallHippo aims to make your call center more effective in handling customers with features like power dialer, smart switch, and smart call forwarding.
CallHippo’s IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system helps you share important and relevant messages with your customers while they wait for your agents to pick the call.
Here are some more features of CallHippo that makes it a perfect alternative to Aircall:
- Global connect that helps you know the right time to call your international clients
- Call transfer that enables you to redirect a connected call to the right agent
- CallHippo integrates with 100+ tools, including Zapier, HubSpot, and Salesforce
- Allows you to receive and play voicemails directly in your email inbox
- Call conference feature lets you connect with your team or add a third-person to your two-party call
CloudTalk is yet another great AirCall alternative. It allows businesses to manage inbound and outbound calls, extract interaction history, and offer personalized services to customers.
CloudTalk’s features, like wallboard, can help you gain real-time visibility across agent activities. Its sentiment or emotional analytics can help identify behavior trends.
Here are some more features of CloudTalk that make it a good alternative to Aircall:
- Provides personalized numbers to all your departments and agents for a seamless contact experience for customers
- Provides you a short five-digit phone number
- Skills-based routing feature allows you to route the call to a specific agent
- Its callback feature enables you to connect with customers whose call went unanswered
JustCall is the best cloud-based phone system that allows you to manage domestic and international calls from a unified platform. JustCall’s integration with various CRMs makes it easier for users to automatically make calls, maintain a call log, and keep track of interactions directly from the system.
JustCall has data centers spread across seven geographic regions to handle fast failover, concurrency, and outage proofing.
Here are some more features of JustCall that make it a good alternative to Aircall:
- Personalize business hours as per your availability to receive calls whenever you want
- It allows you to send and receive FAX from the same dashboard
- Create personalized greetings for welcome and voicemail messages
- Get instant feedback on your agents’ performance using a post-call survey
4- Zoho Desk
Zoho Desk is one of the most feature-rich VoIP phone systems along with multichannel capabilities. Zoho Desk is perfect for small and medium-sized businesses.
Zoho Desk’s embeddable self-service and powerful AI assistant helps you deliver great customer service. It collates interactions from multiple channels (phone, chat, email, forums, and social media) and presents them in one place.
Here are some more features of Zoho Desk that make it a good alternative to Aircall:
- Manage tickets and track customer requests across channels
- Multichannel capabilities allow you to handle and solve customer queries on all channels (phone, live chat, email, and social media)
- Zoho’s Zia Voice (AI assistant) speaks to your customers and helps them find solutions faster
Dialer360 is power-packed with built-in CRM, webphone, voice and SMS broadcasting, and internal chat options. Other features of Dialer360 include call transferring, auto-dial campaigns, IVR, local caller ID, callback scheduling, etc.
You can also access agent status boards to track their performance and activities. It also has a DNC (do not call) activation that filters out numbers that should not be dialed automatically.
Here are some more features of Dialer360 that make it a good alternative to Aircall:
- It is one of the most affordable VoIP systems
- Dialer360 is PCI compliant, meaning you can ask and store customers’ financial information securely
- With its Statusboard, you can track your agents and evaluate their performance and call logs
Though Aircall has made its name in the VoIP industry, it is not perfect for every call center or support team. If you are looking for the best Aircall alternatives, check out the five VoIP systems mentioned above.
Did we miss any of the top Aircall alternatives? Which VoIP system do you use in your company? Let us know in the comments.