There are a lot of communication tools and platforms out there today. To meet the demands of a business, one tool or package seldom proves to be sufficient. To function at its peak, a business needs an integration of these various tools. In order to satisfy this business demand, unified and collaborative communication frameworks were developed. Let us take a closer look at the new unified and collaborative communication process.
What is meant by unified and collaborative communication?
Unified and collaborative communication is nothing but a framework or platform that supports and integrates various real-time communication tools. Different technologies and softwares are synced with each other to provide a more efficient communication network that helps businesses enhance their performance.
It is not a single tool; rather it is a collection of various solutions and software that can be implemented by businesses to make sure that all their technology works smoothly and in sync with each other.
With the advent of unified and collaborative communication, businesses can now easily use different communication tools as per their requirement. They no longer have to subscribe to or purchase different tools. By opting for just one collaborative platform, they can access hundreds of different tools without having to pay separately.
Types of collaborative platforms available
Unified and collaborative communication is available to the users in three forms or platforms. They are:
- UCaaS (Unified-Communications-as-a-Service) – Offers cloud-based unified communication.
- On-premise unified communication or a private communication network.
- Open-source unified communication or a public communication network or WebRTC.
Depending upon your business requirements, you can choose the type of unified and collaborative communication network that best suits your needs. Whether you desire a private network or specifically need one that is compatible with cloud, CallHippo has it all!
Why does a business need a unified communication network?
The unified communication platform is arguably one of the most useful cloud telephony tools that can be used by businesses today. It provides easy collaboration and unification of all company networks, streamlines communications and enables call tracking and performance analysis of employees.
Several businesses have already switched over to unified and collaborative communication networks to get ahead in the game. All of CallHippo’s customers have given a thumbs up to collaborative networks. They have also mentioned how switching over has helped them cut down on operational costs and increase efficiency by automating a lot of menial and monotonous tasks.
Unified and collaborative communication networks offer a wide array of features that completely changes the face of communication. It enables seamless calling and real-time analysis of call data that can help you introspect into your business.
Features of unified and collaborative communication
A lot has been said and mentioned about the wonderful features of unified communication networks that can boost one’s business. Let us have a look at what exactly these features are.
- Call transfer – A cloud-based unified communication network auto transfers incoming calls to the nest free line. This easy and quick call transfer feature ensures that every call is answered.
- Call conference – Want to have an impromptu staff meeting to hold an important discussion? Start a call conference and have your meeting sitting right where you are!
- Call Queuing – Too much call traffic during peak business hours? The call queuing feature attends the waiting calls on the basis of their calling feature and helps you manage call traffic efficiently.
- Call barging – Want to train and test the new sales recruit? You can now enter into his customer conversations and silently monitor it.
- Local phone numbers – Take your business global and easily communicate with international clients by getting local numbers for your business. You no longer need to worry about incurring extensive call charges. CallHippo provides local numbers for over 50 countries across the globe.
- Call forwarding – Connect all your primary and secondary numbers to the business network and easily reroute calls to any number. Gain all-round accessibility to your office network.
- Ring All – Rings and alerts all sales agents when there is an incoming call. Whichever agent is available may answer the call. Reduce customer waiting time and provide better customer service.
- Call recording – Record all your calls to be later used for growth analysis and sales training. This feature may also be handy in case of a customer dispute or misunderstanding.
- Voicemail – Unable to take an important business call? Provide for the caller to leave a message so that you can get back to them later.
- Call analytics – Analyse all incoming and outgoing calls to keep a track of all your employees’ performances.
- On hold music – Sometimes it may so happen that the customer needs to be put on hold. However, if one has to hold in silence, one may get confused as to whether he is still on line or not. Thus, the on hold music feature entertains your customers with on hold music and messages while they are waiting.
The list doesn’t end here! The ways in which a company can utilise a unified and collaborative communication network and use it to their advantage is unlimited. If used wisely to its full capacity, a unified communication network in the workplace is guaranteed to improve the productivity and efficiency of the employees by leaps and bounds.
Unified communication networks in offices
Feel like taking a break and going out for some fresh air? Do not let the fear of missing out on important customer calls hold you back. Link your phone to the unified office communication network and receive calls anytime, anywhere!
Do you feel like sorting your voicemail sitting in the comfort of your own home? Then go ahead and do so! The modern unified and collaborative communication network can now be set to send your voicemails directly to your mail inbox.
Unified and collaborative communication networks also support the latest VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phone services. The VoIP phone system is a cloud based business phone system that uploads the entire communication system on to the cloud.
Other components of collaborative communication networks include email, scheduling tools, calendars, voice memos, instant messaging (IM), desktop sharing and so on. These tools facilitate the implementation of various tasks such as virtual meetings, employee performance evaluation, updating customer database, forming marketing strategies and even brainstorming ideas.
Real-time benefits of unified and collaborative communication
Having a unified communication network for your business no doubt has its advantages. If utilised properly, a unified and collaborative communication network can work wonders for your business. Here are some of the real-time advantages or benefits of having a collaborative communication network in the workplace.
1. Boost in productivity and efficiency
A unified network for the entire office helps to bring your employees together and covers any existing communication gaps in the workplace. The communication network can be programmed to be accessed from various electronic devices like mobile phones, desktops, laptops and so on. It enables employees to work in their comfort zone. Automating menial jobs helps employees focus more on getting substantial work done.
On the whole, the productivity level of every employee in the office goes up by some amount. Putting it together, the productivity and efficiency level of the entire company as a whole can be said to increase significantly.
2. Increases flexibility and availability
One significant advantage of unified communications and collaborations is that the common office network becomes easily accessible to all company employees. Thus, even if an employee is not in the office, he can still access various communication channels and work from home. Whether they are out on a sales call or away from their desk for any reason, they can still answer their office phones from their mobiles. This communication network will ensure that you never have to miss out on an important call again.
3. Pocket friendly network
It is a myth that modern technology costs more. People tend to believe that the more features a product has to offer and the more advanced a software is, the more expensive it will be. However, this may not always be true. One of the major aims of modern technology is to allow businesses to cut down on extra marginal expenses.
Switching over to a unified and collaborative communication network can significantly reduce your hardware and operational costs. It essentially allows a business to use an operational based communication model instead of a capital intensive one. As a result, businesses can now get much more features in their communication systems at a much lower cost!
4. Better customer service
Every company nowadays offers its customers top rated and premium products. One place where a business can really make the difference and get ahead of the crowd is customer service. Communicating efficiently with the customer is key aspect of customer service. Join hands with a unified and collaborative communication network and work towards a better customer service experience.
By using a unified network, you ensure that customer calls are always answered and the waiting or on hold time is as little as possible. You have the option to link your communication network to the customer database, thereby providing your customers with a more personalised experience. In a business, the customers’ needs always come first and a unified communication network is built around putting the customer first!
5. Knit your entire team together
As the name suggests, a unified and collaborative communication network will bring together all your employees and unite them under a common office communication channel. Not only does this system facilitate seamless customer communication, but it also eases communication and interaction within the company.
Your team can now edit and share documents and spreadsheets on a common platform. The screen share facility is also available. Teams can quickly review documents in the last minutes before a meeting and provide their feedback and inputs. Group projects or team work becomes easy as team members can easily collaborate and work together using this unified communication network.
6. Streamlined operations
Several UCaaS services come with CRM integrations that helps you streamline your business operations right from the get go. This not only leads to better organisation and management of business operations, but also helps you get a clearer perspective of things.
These is just a preview of the advantages that comes along with a unified communication network. Top businesses have already switched over to this modern communication network and are using it to get further ahead of the competition. When used correctly, an advanced communication system can undoubtedly change the way you do business.
Many of us are set in our traditional ways and refrain from using modern technology for fear of complexity. However, this easy-to-use, cost effective communication framework has a lot to offer. The reasons to convert are many, while the reasons to stay are few. Join us at CallHippo and upgrade your communication network in just three simple steps!