In today’s global economy, companies of all sizes are expanding their operations to foreign markets. Such expansion can bring in a lot of opportunities for diversification and market growth.
According to a survey, 87% of organizations believe that international expansion is crucial for long-term growth.
However, the business expansion journey in the topmost countries like Australia can be treacherous. But, proper planning and use of ingenious resources can help you go a long way. One such resource is a VoIP phone system.
Have you ever had a voice call through Facebook? Or have you ever used Skype?
That’s what VoIP is!
VoIP is an acronym for Voice over Internet Protocol. It refers to any service that transmits audio via an internet connection.
With VoIP becoming increasingly popular, there are ample services designed specifically for business purposes. One of them is a VoIP phone system for your business. It makes it easier for you to set up and manage your phone system. Moreover, it costs only a fraction of what you pay for traditional phone systems.
One of the most significant advantages of VoIP in the international expansion of your business is that it lets you add your remote users to the system, irrespective of where they live.
How can VoIP help you to boost your business in the topmost countries?
Whether it is about saving in the long-distance costs or leveraging the ability to integrate with a multitude of modern business software, companies are switching to VoIP phone system more than ever.
According to a study, the number of corporate VoIP subscribers is prone to reach 204.8 billion by the year 2020.
So, in this article of ours, we are going to unveil the ways how VoIP service is changing the way you conduct international business.
1. It helps you eliminate the major business expense
The foremost advantage of having a virtual phone number is eliminating the need to establish a physical infrastructure in the country you want to expand your business. Let’s say you are located in South Africa and want to strengthen your client base in Brazil. You can simply buy a Brazil virtual phone number and start operating your business while sitting in South Africa. Thus, you save a lot of bucks.
When customers find your business as local, they likely bestow their trust on you. Moreover, your local phone number assures them that they can reach you at any time without incurring international call charges. Therefore, businesses are switching to the virtual phone number as it enables them to create a local presence in the topmost countries.
Besides, the cost to maintain and upgrade the system is immensely reduced.
2. It scales as per your business needs
As compared to traditional phone systems, VoIP scales quickly and inexpensively. You can add and remove as many users you need in the phone system without any cost of extra hardware. That is, the virtual phone system grows as your business grows.
With VoIP technology, you can easily change your phone number and use it in multiple locations. For example, you are traveling to Canada for a meeting from the US. You can make and receive calls in Canada from your US team without paying an extra penny on the same number.
3. You can make VoIP calls in several ways
When we talk about a traditional phone system, it’s apparent that you would require a copper wire network to make calls. But, when we say a VoIP phone system, it offers you the flexibility to conduct calls through the internet network. It means you can make and receive calls on any internet-connected device with a speaker and microphone. It can be a smartphone, computers, or conventional desk phones.
4. It enables you to integrate the voice data with other digital communication channels
This is one of the primary reasons why businesses are rolling to a VoIP phone system from the traditional phone system. It offers integration with different, unified communication channels. This approach is changing the way businesses collaborate and interact with their customers.
VoIP technology makes it possible to digitize the voice calls. Hence, businesses can archive and merge them with other digital platforms. Suppose that a company wants to integrate its calling system with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) to track customer behavior. VoIP service providers like CallHippo offers such integration; thus, allowing businesses to make calls directly from their CRM. This helps companies to improve customer service and enhance customer satisfaction.
5. It offers you a myriad of features
With virtual business phone number come a lot of advanced calling features. It makes the recording, forwarding, routing, and barging calls more straightforward and more accessible. Let’s have a quick roundabout some of the extraordinary calling features by virtual phone number help you boost your business.
- Call Transfer: Keep away your customers from calling on another number. Instead, enable them to connect with the right person at the right time via Call Transfer. This feature allows you to redirect a connected call from your phone number to a team member.
- Call Forwarding: With this feature, you can forward any incoming call to an alternate number without letting your caller know. Some services even allow you forward a call to any device – be it landline, cell phone, or a satellite phone. Moreover, you can forward the calls at any time and from anywhere in the world.
- Voicemail: Ensure none of your customer queries go unheard. With a voicemail feature incorporated into your virtual phone system, your support representatives never miss a call. In case they are unreachable, your customers can leave a voicemail, which the representatives can access right from their inbox. However, the system might differ depending on the service provider you choose.
- On Hold Music: Don’t let your customers hang up when they are kept on hold. Make the most of features like on-hold music and urge your customers to stay on the line. Customize the annoying beeps with a piece of soothing music or a message that speaks about your company’s products, services, discounts, and other offerings.
Now that you know what wonders a VoIP phone system can do to your international business, you must leverage it without further ado.
Last updated on