What Is Meant By Collaborative Communication?
Collaborative communication is a recent concept that places emphasis on creating the right environment for employees to connect and communicate with each other. It ensures that the roles and responsibilities of each team member is set out clearly so that everyone knows their exact contribution to end results.
We can break collaborative communications down to two parts – collaborative teams and a communication network. A ‘collaborative team’ would mean a group of persons who are open-minded, transparent, and have respect for each other’s beliefs. A network for collaborative communication is one that facilitates the smooth flow of information and provides the required resources to team members to effectively share documents.
Features Of Cloud Phone System
Deliver your daily calling commitments like a pro with CallHippo’s super-efficient Power Dialer function.
Multiple telephony providers before placing a call. You can now safely bid adieu to all your call connectivity issues.
Global Connect helps you know the right time to call your international clients.
Each user can choose to have calls forwarded to several phones, to remain reachable even on-the-go.
The Call Transfer feature allows you to redirect a connected call from your phone number to a team member.
It’s a feature that will enable you to add a third person to your two-way call and turn it into a 3-way conference.
A Call Queue places incoming call in a line when the agent is busy attending other customers.
Call Barging is when a supervisor who is silently monitoring the call decides to enter the conference bridge.
Record every call on each of your numbers to better monitor your performance as a team.
Receive voicemails by email in your inbox. Play them directly from your email.
Track your phone support performance. Measure the % of missed calls, call load of each teammate, etc.
On Hold Music from CallHippo is a great way to keep your callers happy and engaged while on hold or upload your own custom music.
What Are Some Collaborative Communication Tools?
With the advancement of technology, there are many sophisticated tools that the modern workplace can adopt to streamline task flow management and create a positive culture that encourages seamless communication. Here are some important collaborative communication tools:
- VoIP Phone Systems: Cloud-based office phone systems can ensure that team members benefit from a range of time-saving features. They will be able to connect with other departments and remote workers in an instant, thereby boosting productivity.
- Real-Time Editing Tools: Organizations need to invest in real-time editing tools so that team members can all view common documents, revise them and edit them easily. While embedded Google Suite or Office 365 can be used to share documents, there are a host of other innovative tools in the market that promote a collaborative culture and allow multiple user-access to documents.
- Shared- Screen Apps: Screen sharing platforms enable team members to share their screen with others so that they can work on projects together in a collaborative manner. Applications that allow screen sharing help managers to track progress and make sure that all deadlines are met in time.
How Can Organizations Make Communication Collaborative?
It is important for top management to create a synergistic culture in organizations that simplifies communication and makes it transparent. Here are some steps that companies can take to help employees communicate better:
- Offer high definition audio and video call quality.
- Enable team members to share screens through modern tools and make annotations.
- Invest in communication platforms that support mobility so that team members can keep connected even while they are on the move.
- Provide cloud-based applications with useful features such as recording, and call forwarding for collaborative communications.
Frequently Asked Questions About CPAAS
In today’s dynamic and ever-changing business environment, organizations need to help teams communicate with each other and external stakeholders seamlessly. Internal communication between employees will result in structure functioning of all departments and create an open environment based on mutual trust and respect
Yes, collaborative communication techniques and tools can have a tremendously positive impact on the bottom-line results in organizations. It will lead to a more satisfied and engaged workforce that will yield higher end results. Collaborative communication also leads to lower attrition levels and absenteeism, as employees will remain motivated about their work
There are many modern solutions that promote collaborative communication such as VoIP phone systems, screen sharing applications, real-time data editors and social intranets.
Managers need to take the first step in creating an open-minded and progressive environment. Qualities such as empathy, respect for opinion, problem-solving abilities, and negotiation skills will help team members to become effective and committed collaborative communicators.