Did you know?
- “Ahoy” was the original telephone greeting suggested by Alexander Graham Bell. It was later replaced with “Hello,” which was recommended by Thomas Edison.
- Initially, the wires used in telephones were ranked based on how appetizing they were to mice and rats.
- Telephobia is the fear of making or receiving phone calls.
The history of telephones and communication is full of such bizarre facts. Evolution in telephony has taken us from payphones to landlines, from landlines to cellular networks, and the most recent advancements in telecommunication have brought us internet telephony or cloud telephony.
All these telephonic methods have helped us achieve simple and straightforward communication. However, with each iteration, phone communication has become more advanced and feature-rich.
Internet/cloud telephony, also commonly known as a VoIP(Voice Over Internet Protocol) service, uses the internet to make and receive calls instead of regular telephone lines. They offer local phone numbers, business phone numbers, toll-free phone numbers, and mobile phone numbers, which are far more affordable than traditional phone lines.
How to place a call in Chile from the US using a traditional phone service
Follow these dialing instructions to place a call from the US to Chile using your regular phone line: Dial the country code for Chile, which is, ’56’.
Finally, you must dial the specific area code for the region in Chile, followed by the six or seven-digit phone number.
You can find the list of area codes for Chile over here.
Placing an international call with a traditional phone line can shoot your phone bill through the roof. However, a VOIP service ensures that you can make calls at much more affordable prices, starting at $6 a month.
Calling Chile from the US using CallHippo’s VoIP service
Using a VoIP service from leading providers such as CallHippo lets you quickly obtain local and toll-free virtual phone numbers for over50 countries. You can use them to place and receive calls from over 190 countries.
If you live in the US, we recommend that you purchase a virtual phone number from CallHippo. This number will appear as a local phone number to anyone receiving a call from this number in Chile.
Get a virtual phone number from CallHippo in a few easy steps:
Sign up for an account with CallHippo.
- Head over to the virtual phone number section on CallHippo’s website. Select the country (Chile), the area code you would like, and choose from a list of available numbers.
- Once you have selected your number, pay for it with our flexible and transparent payment plans. CallHippo subscription plans are some of the most cost-effective ones in the industry.
Yes! It is that simple. Also, this is a one-time, non-repetitive process that will save you countless hours in the future and also reduce your calling costs by a considerable margin.
Your virtual phone number for Chile is now ready for use. You can use it on any internet-enabled device. Furthermore, you can also add multiple users on the same number for business communication purposes.
If you are still on the fence about getting a VoIP service for your small business, take a look at the plethora of features that CallHippo offers you with your virtual phone number. You definitely would not want to miss out on them.
VoIP features offered by CallHippo:
- Compatible with many devices and platforms such as Linux, Windows, Android, Mac, and iPhone. Make calls even when you are on the go.
- Smart call forwarding lets you forward calls easily from your CallHippo number to your personal or registration number.
- The call transfer feature is fantastic and very easy to use. Rather than having your customer try a different phone number, you can easily redirect the current call to another staff member so that they get a better customer experience.
- The conference calling system lets you collaborate with your team located across the globe.
- Call distribution is an intuitive system that allows you to route a call to the right executive at the receiving end.
- An IVR, also known as an interactive voice response system, is a prerecorded voice system that directs the customer to the right department when they are looking to obtain help and saves the company and the customers a lot of time.
- Call queuing features make the call far more pleasant and informative for callers even as they wait in a queue to receive assistance.
- Call Barging is a handy feature for customer support operations. It allows supervisors to monitor calls. They can easily barge in on calls or join the call in case of any issues.
If you are thinking about purchasing a Chilean phone number for personal use, you might not need all the features mentioned above, but it is always good to know that you have the option to avail them.
A business cannot thrive without effective communication. CallHippo’s simple and innovative features help you solve many of your day-to-day business problems and take your business communication and customer service operations to a whole new level.
Rise of VoIP and cloud telephony
Whether you are a start-up or a well-established company, businesses of all types and sizes are starting to explore cloud telephony. They have begun to see how VoIP services provide extensive functionalities and solve the most complex communication problems with their innovative yet straightforward features.
There are quite a few well-established service providers in the cloud telephony space, and new ones are coming up rapidly. This technology is indeed revolutionizing business communication. CallHippo was founded in 2016. Since its inception, it has raced ahead of its competitors in a short span with its highly effective cloud-based VoIP services. Over time, it has emerged as one of the best VoIP service providers out there.
If you haven’t hopped on to the VoIP train yet, don’t worry, it’s not too late. Head on over to CallHippo and transform your business communication in just 3 minutes.