Snapchat, headed by Evan Spiegel, can be rightfully crowned as the app of the millennials. It is available on Android and iOS devices and is used for sending texts, sharing pictures, making voice and video calls, and doing a lot more.
The most interesting part about Snapchat is – all the pictures, messages, or videos that you send to your contacts are deleted after a specific time – after the recipient views it or after 24 hours of sending.
What can you do on the app?
- The primary purpose of Snapchat is to send endless snaps to your friends and family.
- When you open the app, the camera appears right away. You can then take photos, or even record and send videos by pressing and holding the camera’s capture button.
- But you know what – Snapchat is not that plain! It allows you to spice up your photos with lenses, filters, texts, doodles, stickers, links, and more.
- Filters enhance the beauty/quality of your pictures while lenses add spark.
- The range of filters include geo-filters that are exclusive to a location or an event.
- To access lenses, all you need to do is long-press on the screen when the camera opens. Lenses add augmented reality-based sounds and effects to your pictures. The most famous lens we know of on Snapchat is ‘dog with a tongue.’
- The best part is you can explore your creativity and add to the range of filters or alternatively choose lenses created by the Snapchat community (there’s new addition every day!)
- Snapchat also lets you dance with your 3D Bitmoji (your personal avatar on the app) and play games with your face. Exciting, isn’t it?
- Snapchat helps you to remain in connection with your friends and family through the chat feature, wherein you can have a live chat with them.
- As you go to your contact’s profile, you’ll be able to see their Snapcode, Snapstreaks, and other information by long-pressing on their names.
- Snapchat does its best to personalize your chats as it brings the Friendmojis option where you can share exclusive Bitmojis that Snapchat creates just for you and your friends.
- You also have the option to edit your friends’ names on your Snapchat contact list – maybe change it to their nickname.
- Besides, you do not have to limit your conversation to typed words, as Snapchat also brings the calling and video calling feature. In video chats, you can add up to 16 friends at once. And while you have a face to face conversation, do not forget to add filters and lenses to add to the fun.
- You can block/remove unwanted contacts from your Snapchat space.
- Snapchat offers a lot more than making calls and exchanging texts with your friends.
- The app aims to make itself a holistic platform where individuals can share the parts of their lives with their friends and the entire community.
- As you access the discover option, you will see snap stories from your friends where they share glimpses of their day. All these stories are available for only 24 hours, with recent ones appearing on the top. Tap a friend’s name and begin to view their story.
- Snapchat, however, not only connects you with your friends but also with the world at large. The creators and publishers share stories, too – you can access them to entertain/educate yourself.
- And every time you come across interesting stories, do not forget to share it with your friends.
- You can also create and share your own snap stories with your friends and the Snapchat community.
- Not only this, but Snapchat also brings news, original shows, and community stories – curated just for your screen. To not miss content from specific publishers, go on and subscribe to them today.
- You can access the Snap Map by zooming in on your main (camera) Snapchat screen.
- Snap Map finds out where the users are and then marks them on a map in real-time.
- It is another fun feature which helps you to map the location of your friends if they have shared their location with you. That means you can always know where your friends are hanging out at the moment.
- Vice-versa, you can also share your own location with your friends on the app.
- So as you open the snap map, you’ll see Bimojis of your friends. Click them to see their location and the stories that they’ve shared.
- The interesting part of the entire snap map feature is the ghost mode. If you choose to enter the ghost mode, you’ll become invisible, and no one will know your location in real-time.
- Through the Snap Map, you can also access what Snapchat community has shared all across the world just by touching different locations on the map.
- Snapchat offers you free cloud storage to create unlimited memories in the memories section.
- In this section, you can access all the snaps from all over the year that you didn’t send anyone.
- However, you always have the option of editing and sharing these memories with your friends on Snapchat as well as on other platforms like Instagram, WhatsApp, etc.
- Not only this, but you can also create stories from your favorite memories and share them with your snap contacts.
- Snapchat understands that each friend is exclusive and thus creates a special profile, wherein you get to see all the moments you have saved together.
- Snapchat offers you to seal your friendship as it has an option of charms that judges your compatibility based on astrology and fashion sense. This makes Snapchat friendships even more special.
- Snapchat allows you to change your privacy settings just as you want it. You can change Snap Map location settings, memories settings, and do a lot more from the settings option.
- Through it, you can link your Bitmoji account, manage geo-filters, create/scan Snapcodes, adjust Spectacles, Shazam preferences, and Memories.
- You can also change your password and phone number.
Wrapping up – Snapchat is definitely more than your regular calling, texting app. It brings the whole community together to share, connect, and celebrate.
Last updated on