Since you’ve landed on this article, I’m sure you want to generate more sales through outbound lead generation.
And you know how painful and stressful the whole process is? Some companies spend their entire cash in generating leads and still are not able to do so.
What is outbound lead generation?
It is a process of informing your prospects about your products and services through an array of communication channels such as TV, radio, press releases, cold calls, social media, etc. You can also widen your horizons and participate in trade shows and conferences. For outbound lead generation, you need to go where your target audience is.
Why should you use outbound strategies for lead generation?
Without a sales pipeline, generating leads is a daunting process. Outbound lead generation helps you grow your pipeline faster than inbound marketing strategies. It helps you to explore more markets with greater efficiency, eventually catering to more buyer personas and offering more relevant buyer prepositions.
Besides, it helps you gain more information about the market and create robust prospect profiles, making the lead conversion process easy.
For creating an optimum lead generation strategy, you need to figure out the following aspects.
- What do my customers have in common? Are they using the same technology that we’re offering? What is the size of their company?
- Why would customers buy from us?
- What would they gain by buying from us?
- A data-driven lead generation approach
- Automation and campaign management tools
3 ways to step up outbound lead generation
1. Email marketing
Email marketing helps us to initiate contact with the prospects. It helps introduce us to the prospects and guides them through the business process. Besides, you can also use emails to update them about a product or service launch, industry trends, and so on. Using email marketing, you can effectively handle queries and increase your chances of conversion.
You can optimize your email marketing campaigns by integrating tools like MailChimp that tracks your open rate, bounce rate, click-through rate, etc. It enables you to maintain a regular frequency of sending emails. To be more precise, write click-worthy emails. Well, this means
- Your content should create curiosity and entice people to open
- The email content should add value to your prospect’s life
- Spruce up your emails with visuals, facts, and data
- Add a strong call to action
2. Cold Calling
Phone calls play a vital role in outbound lead generation. A business phone system helps in
- Continuous communication with the prospects
- Real-time data collection and guiding them through the process
- To give prompt response to the queries
- Understanding the prospects better and suggesting methods to address their pain points.
A research poll by Raingroup search center shows that
- 57% of the C-buyers prefer to reach by the phone
- Of all the people asked from various industrial verticals, 49% of people want to get contacted through phone
- 62% of the people are looking to engage with sellers on the phone actively
- 71% of buyers want to speak to the sellers during the early stage of buying
- Only 2% of the buyers won’t like to be contacted on the phone
The most intriguing fact emerged was that most buyers want to meet through cold calls. This only shows that the death of cold calls is a myth.
A value-driven sales call
- Educates the buyer with new perspectives
- Adds value to your business
- Suggests new ways to take your business to the next level
- Provides market insights about your industry
- Helps you understand your business needs better
For closing business through a sales call, you must research your client extensively before placing a call. Along with that, track your phone calls for quality checks. And before you end the call, make sure the prospect is convinced enough to set up a face-to-face meeting.
One of the best ways to generate outbound leads is through Linkedin. Most of the business transactions happen on this platform. Not just that, LinkedIn is an ideal platform to grow your network and connect with like-minded people. According to a study, about 80% of the B2B leads come from LinkedIn, making it a must- in your lead generation arsenal.
How to generate leads through LinkedIn?
- Connecting with prospects through the search feature
- Cold messaging and informing them about your products and services
- Join LinkedIn groups to access a wider pool of prospects
- Use Inmail to reach to the prospects who aren’t directly connected
- Create an account and add necessary information like your experience, the company’s name, companies website, etc.
- Cross-promote your posts on Twitter and Facebook
Ready to bridge the gap?
Some companies are finding innovative ways to bridge the gap between sales and marketing. They’re the ones who are blending email marketing, cold calling, and social media marketing well. You can also be one of them by using the ways mentioned above to step up your outbound lead generation game. All the best!