What is the Communications Platform as a Service?
A Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) is a cloud-based delivery model that provides developers with the facility to create a complete development framework and attach real-time communication (RTC) features like video, audio & messaging to their apps by using application program interfaces.
A CPaaS allows developers to add all these features without building any backend infrastructure and interfaces.
CPaaS providers also provide software tools, standards-based APIs, sample code, pre-built applications, product documentation, and assistance to support developers throughout the process. Some providers also present libraries and software development kits for developing applications on different desktop and mobile platforms.
The cloud technology assists companies of different sizes in developing and inserting communications features efficiently. It also allows development teams to save the workforce, infrastructure, and marketing time. The facility of technical assistance where developers can access online tutorials and guides or use a 24/7 active assistance network is a major advantage.
Another perk of using CPaaS is the affordable pricing models. In this model, developers pay only for the services they select. Multiple user facilities or the potential for several users to use the platform at the same time makes it unique.
Advantages of using a CPaaS
- Business Growth: Communications Platform as a Service allows developers to expand their business by using real-time communication features. Many successful companies believe that using application programming interfaces is significant to their business growth. CPaaS provides your company with an uninterrupted and free communication network.
- Increase Sales: CPaaS offers different opportunities to increase your business value. For example, you can develop an SMS application programming interface that enables you to send automatic messages to your clients/customers to inform them about future appointments, deals, or offers. You can also offer exclusive discount coupons or vouchers by using your SMS API.
- Cost-savings: Cloud technology enables the communication platform as a service to offer low-cost and easy implementation. CPaaS helps you to set a pay-as-you-go structure and manage your expenses through expected monthly payments.
- Customer experience: For modern companies, customer experience is the only true differentiator to estimate business expansion and growth. Communication platform as a service ensures to provide your customers with the comfort they desire. It implies that CPaaS enables your customers to access the level of assistance they require and your employees to deliver the expected performance.
What Customers Need to Know About CPaaS?
Digital transformation is the new success key in the modern world, and now companies can decide and choose the suitable solutions for their market platforms. With the user-friendly interface, the CPaaS solution is growing as an effective business model in the telecom business.
In the process of creating an embedded communications strategy or developing business applications per with today’s fast-paced technology arena, it’s essential to pick a CPaaS associate that can provide the best functionality, with the optimum quality and low cost.
Different API providers offer different API functionality. Calling and texting come as a standard feature with all CPaaS solutions, but it’s vital to know accurately about the features you’ll need now and into the future so that you can decide the right feature set for your marketing requirements. Some providers also offer features of video conferencing or IM messaging, which can do wonders among the CPaaS players in today’s market.
Different Kinds of CPaaS Providers
- API providers: These software companies have connections with various businesses, but they are ideal for startups that need an immediate boost, with smaller network traffic size and have simple telecom demands. They’re not ideal for businesses where requirements involve the capacity to scale big, build highly customized features, or get volume pricing.
- API providers who are also network carriers: These are the providers who start the business as a network owner and incorporate APIs side by side. They are referred to as “business-grade CPaaS” providers. These types of CPaaS solution is ideal for those who need a communication set for a broad volume of users. They’re capable of providing high-speed for market growth, access to the phone number register, and quality voice, and texting services.
API providers and API providers who are also network carriers allow the most in-demand features of telecom with just a few steps. The complex nature of your project decides the requirements of support infrastructure than developer forums, GitHub snippets, and document libraries.
Features of ‘Communications Platform as a Service’ solution
If you want to provide video call facility for product presentations and assistance communications:
Communications Platform as a Service allows you to make video calls for giving more in-depth assistance, including displaying product highlights, functionality, and technical concerns.
Video features with HD quality and codec negotiation are other features of the CPaaS solution. This kind of communication enables a business to assist clients thoroughly and offers individual and multiple video calls.
If you want to provide voice calls with assistance staff:
Enabling your clients to make a voice call with assistance staff easily can improve growth rates and customer interaction. It can be a serious inconvenience for your users if you ask them to memorize and dial a phone number outside of your app.
A CPaaS is useful because it enables real-time communications with the desired convenience. An in-app calling facility makes matters simpler for the user.
If you want your app to work as a business phone:
In certain situations, in-app voice calls may not be enough for users or assistance staff. Your business may require you to implement a telecom functionality in your app. In comparison to in-app voice calls, this feature increases a user’s calling capabilities. This maintains business operations easily since the assistance staff won’t need to use a distinct device to solve customer issues.
VoIP Service Providers provides telecom integration and CPaaS with call handling functions such as transfer, redial, mute along with high-level marketing VoIP facilities like voicemail and call recording.