What Is Unified Communications?
Unified communication refers to a framework that supports the integration of various real-time communication tools over a single platform. It aims to leverage efficient business communication, easy team collaboration, and increased team productivity. It is a group of technologies in-sync with each other.
There are three forms available –
- Cloud-based unified communication, known as UCaaS.
- On-premise unified communication or private communication.
- Open-source or public unified communication or WebRTC.
Benefits Of Unified Communications
The chief benefits of Unified Communication and Collaboration are:
- Reduced operational cost – When you are getting all the communication tools in a single service, you are likely to spend less.
- Streamlined operations –Many UCaaS services come with CRM integration that streamlines your operations from ground level. Tasks like call recording and forwarding can be automated for leveraged operations. As it offers various unified communication and collaboration tools, teamwork is time-bound, result-oriented, and less strenuous.
- Flexibility – With UCaaS, you can get customized communication tools based upon your requirements. You can pick the facilities that are essential for seamless regular business communication.
Why Your Business Needs Unified Communication System?
Unified communication is one of the most useful cloud telephony tools that businesses can use for easy collaboration, streamline communication, and performance tracking.
Businesses that are using this have mentioned that it has helped them to reduce operational costs and burden by automating various menial tasks.
The hosted cloud-based unified communication can auto-transfer incoming calls to the next free line, conduct real-time analysis, and create a single interface for all communication means.