With its expansive coverage and broad offerings, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), is home to enterprises and large organizations that require connecting global operations and their employees working remotely. Instead of deploying various services, UCaaS single-handedly integrates voice, messaging, collaboration, and other features on a single platform.
However, the growing emergence of cloud-based business models has enabled UCaaS to expand its reach within small business markets.
Today, small businesses engage with an evolving workspace, where 45% of the staff is millennial. The number is expected to reach 75% by the year 2021. This workforce expects their office to be wherever they want – be it at home, café, in the car, or wherever they go. It means millennial promotes mobility as an integral part of their job. According to them, remote working is the new business-standard.
Unified Communications, when integrated to business phone systems, enable employees to make and receive calls and messages irrespective of where they are. Additionally, it helps them maintain a consistent business presence while accessing all the features that they could be sitting in the office.
Moreover, the adaption of ‘Bring Your Own Device’ (BYOD) methodology is observing a rise among small businesses. Almost 59% of small businesses support BYOD.
Well, well, well! If you are an SMB and not considering UCaaS, you’re missing out on ample benefits.
Here are a handful of advantages that you can’t afford to lose.
1. Decrease capital costs
A few years ago, when small businesses required upgrading their communication system, they had to make potentially huge investments. Not to forget, implementing new equipment or system means paying pennies to experts for maintaining the same.
With UCaaS, small businesses can eliminate the cost of ownership, as it will be deployed on the cloud by the providers. Moreover, it mitigates the need for an IT person who solely spends hours maintaining, configuring, and troubleshooting equipment issues. Instead, organizations can encourage them to focus on and support other critical business activities.
2. Reduce commuting time & cost
When your small business has its reach across the globe, Unified Communications as a Service can help decrease travel expenses. Closing a customer for the first time might require an in-person meeting. However, the need for face-to-face communication can be easily fulfilled with UCaaS video conferencing capabilities from any corner of the world.
Reducing travel expenses means saving money. Besides, it renders your employees the capability to respond to customers immediately and conduct business at any time and from anywhere. This accelerates your team’s productivity and increases customer satisfaction.
3. Lessen cost of office space
One of the most significant advantages cloud-based communication system offers is that it is accessible from any device with an active internet connection. Whether you have mobile employees or remotely working staff, the system remains handy.
It significantly minimizes the overhead of establishing a physical office wherever you want to expand your reach. Let’s say; you have your business located in Australia. Now, you got a great client base in Brazil. Will you build an office in Brazil? If yes, it’s going to cost you heavily! Instead, get a Singapore virtual phone number and handle the operations from Australia itself. Thus, you can maintain a professional business image and also save from spending on office space with the UCaaS platform.
4. Enhance scalability
Looking forward to meeting the ebb and flow of a growing business, UCaaS scales easily. Administrators can add and remove the users, limit access for individuals and groups, and update features. Hence, it enables small businesses to test a new market by setting a virtual office instead of investing in brick and mortar companies.
5. Promote versatility
Deploying on-premise UC solutions can be complicated and require technical experts to maintain it. On the contrary, cloud-based applications offer more versatility to a business communication system. SMBs can choose the communication features they need and adjust the complexity of their strategy. As it is cost-effective, it makes small businesses proficient to compete with multinational giants. Moreover, business owners can focus on their bottom-line and not on the communication system.
6. Increase mobility
In today’s competitive business environment, agility is the key to success. Sticking to the legacy of a desktop-based interface may leave you behind. Empowering employees to work remotely and at their convenience enhances their productivity. UCaaS, with its capabilities, offers employees the flexibility to use their mobile devices to connect with customers, make sales, and collaborate with their co-workers on the go.
7. Leverage unique UCaaS features
Besides being cost-effective, scalable, and versatile, Unified Communications as a Service offer a multitude of features. Some of them include:
- Auto Attendant: Nothing can be more annoying for customers than waiting for the company to transfer their call again and again until it gets to the right person. What if the customer can directly talk to the correct representative? Features like auto-attendant seamlessly route the call throughout your organization and help you improve customer service.
- Voicemail Transcription: Listening to voicemail might be annoying. But, voicemail transcription, i.e., voicemail to text or email can help your team easily skim through the message and quickly grab the vital information in no time.
- Simultaneous Ringing: With features as such, your team will receive a call on every associated device – be it desk phone, mobile, or home office phone at the same time. Thus, they will never miss any important calls and always stay connected to the customers no matter where they are.
- Conferencing: With conferencing, you get the power to bring your team members working remotely or your global team together on a single platform. Hence, you can resolve critical client issues, close sales, make informed business decisions, and more. Well, the possibilities are endless!
- Customized Hold Music: Diminish long wait times for your callers. Hold music helps you keep your callers engaged while your representatives are busy attending other clients. You can personalize the hold music with information about your products, services, discounts, offerings, and more.
8. Access to future-proof communication technology
To make the most of the latest apps and features, UCaaS doesn’t require deploying any hardware or software. Since providers like CallHippo host it, hardware and software upgrades occur automatically. Thus, it ensures that you get access to the most recent UC innovations.
UCaaS delivers a range of communication capabilities and helps you take your business to new levels. So, leverage UCaaS technology today and ensure reduced cost, high productivity, and exceptional growth.