Senior Writer: Paras Kela
Data analytics is critical for businesses because it allows them to gauge and optimize their process and performance. And for result-oriented or effective data analytics, you will certainly need a significant amount of data. The same rule of thumb applies when it comes to call center operations.
One of the most effective ways to collect and analyze data in a call center is call recording software. With the help of call recording software, businesses can record, track, and analyze calls, eventually assisting them in internal training and improving customer experience.
In this article, we will look at the 11 best call recording software for business in 2023, including their features, pricing, and more. But first, let’s take a quick look at what call recorder software is and its benefits.
What Is A Call Recording Software?
Call recording software, as the name implies, is a telephony technology or call center solution that records telephone conversations over PSTN or VoIP in a digital audio file format. In addition to recording, call recording software ensures the safety and management of call recording data.
It’s worth noting that business call recorder software is not the same as call logging or call tracking software. Unlike these software, which only tracks call details, call recording software records conversations as well.
Benefits of Call Recording Software for Call Centers For Business
Call recording provides more than one advantage. You can use the recorded calls for training, improving customer service, and staying compliant. Some of the primary advantages of call recording software are as follows:
- Improved team coaching and training
- Market analysis
- Help capture missed details
- Better understanding of customer requirements
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Help optimize process & performance
- Maintain regulatory compliance
All of these advantages of call recording systems make them a must-have technology for businesses, particularly those that deal directly with customers through phones.
Now, let’s take a look at the top 11 call recording software in 2023 to see how they can help businesses and which one is best for yours.
"Every business has a contact center or a calling process, whether it be for customer service or sales. The conversations must be recorded for proof, training, or quality purposes, but call recording is vital. So if you plan to control and enhance the quality of calls, and improve executives' performance and customer service, opting for the best call recording software is essential."
Top 11 Call Recording Software for Call Center in 2023
The following are the top 11 call recording software options to consider when buying one.
|Brand Name||Rating||Key Features||Pricing|
|CallHippo|| Call forwarding |
| Basic: $0 |
Bronze: $16 /month
Silver: $24 /month
Platinum: $40 /month
|CallRail|| Call Recording |
Automatic Call Transcription
| Lite at $45 |
Essentials at $95
Advanced at $145
|Twilio|| Call transfer |
|Starts at $1 per active user|
|Freshdesk|| Communication management and monitoring features |
| Growth : $15.00 |
Omnichannel : $29.00
|Aircall|| Unlimited outbound calls |
50+ Integrations and API access
Access to API developer support
Call recording and monitoring
| Essentials- $30/user |
Professional – $50/user
CallHippo is a well-known VoIP call recording software for call centers that aids in the productivity of customer success teams. You can use this telephony solution to record calls to analyze employee productivity, review customer interactions, coach team members, and better understand your customers and their needs.
Unlike traditional software for call recording, CallHippo automatically records calls and stores it in the cloud. This way, the database remains protected from uninvited guests and malicious cyber-attacks. Moreover, all inbound and outbound calls are automatically saved in call logs and can be downloaded for up to 90 days.
- Automatic recording and cloud storage of each call
- PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant
- Auto-pause and disable call recording as needed
- Automated call transcription
- 100,000 recordings per account
- In-depth analytics of each call
- 90-days storage period
CallHippo Pros and Cons
- User-friendly dashboard
- The support system is quick
- Easy and quick to setup
- Pricing is a little expensive
- A few bugs are there
CallHippo call center call recording software is part of the larger CallHippo call center software. This means that by subscribing to the CallHippo virtual phone system, you will also gain access to call recorder software. You will not be charged any additional fees for this benefit.
CallRail is second on our list of the best software for call recording in 2023. CallRail lets you record every inbound and outbound call, as well as every conversation between your team and your customers. These recorded calls enable you to understand what your customers seek when they contact your company, allowing you to evaluate the quality of campaigns and determine what needs to be changed.
Moreover, this call recording software for business allows you to comply with call recording regulations by establishing a pre-call voice announcement that informs your callers that their call may be monitored for quality and training purposes.
- Automatic phone call transcription
- Review call recordings in emails
- Customize the system to meet your needs
- Compliance with local or federal regulations
- AI-powered conversation intelligence tool
- Set up pre-call announcements
CallRail Pros and Cons
- Easy to Use and setup
- Tracks the type of calls
- Integration with Analytics Systems
- The support system is inferior
- Pricing keeps increasing
- Its integration feature is a little weak
Just like CallHippo, CallRail recording software is a part of a comprehensive call center software. In other words, by subscribing to CallRail, you gain access to its business call recorder software. It is one of most popular software for call recording.
Twilio helps you with programmable call recording. This software for call recording software allows you to record, save, transcribe, and retrieve voice recordings in the cloud. The system also allows you to select single or dual-party recordings to meet your privacy and compliance requirements. Moreover, you can start, pause, stop, and resume recordings whenever you want using a simple API.
Besides that, with a single line of code, you can enable call recording for all types of calls, including PSTN, WebRTC, SIP Trunking, conference calls, and voice. Moreover, the system allows you to pause recordings when customers provide personally identifiable or financial information in order to protect sensitive data.
- Intelligent transcription
- Sensitive data protection
- Flexible call recording data retention
- Record phone calls from all types
- Post-call processing for improved analytics
- PCI-compliant call recorder software
Twilio Pros and Cons
- All features available that you must need
- Very affordable
- Integration with third-party productivity applications
- Very complex to setup
- The customer support system is very poor
- Mobile applications could be better
Twilio offers pay-as-you-go pricing. The following are the various prices for their call recording service:
- Call recording: $0.0025/Minute
- Storage: $0.0025/Minute/Month
- Transcription: $0.05/Minute
Also, keep in mind that they provide free storage for the first 10,000 minutes per month.
Freshdesk cloud contact center offers software for call recording software that allows you to listen to, store, and analyze phone conversations between your agents and customers. This data gives you greater visibility into the performance of your phone team and insight into the quality of your customer conversations.
Additionally, the system generates transcripts for each conversation, saving you from having to listen to each call from beginning to end in order to understand the customer’s issue and the effectiveness of the process. Instead, look over the transcript to see what went well and what parts of the calling process or verbiages need to be revised or improved.
- Automatic call recording of each call
- Allow customers to opt-in or opt-out
- Pause, resume, disable call recording
- Single-click configuration
- GDPR-compliant call recorder software
- Easy storage and download of recordings
Freshdesk Pros and Cons
- Good Support System
- Affordable pricing
- customizable options to manage client tickets
- The onboarding process is complex
- You cannot multitask
- This software is not user-friendly
Freshdesk charges $0.0032/Min for call recording. Visit this page to learn more about Freshdesk pricing and additional charges.
The Aircall virtual phone system includes modern software for call recording for business, which gets activated whenever your team picks up the phone. With this feature, you can understand the entire conversation or issue by listening to clear, complete audio files. Furthermore, Aircall’s VoIP call recording system allows you to change your inbound and outbound call recording settings anytime.
Additionally, the system allows you to access the recordings at any time via the Aircall software or the integrated CRM. In a nutshell, Aircall possesses all the characteristics that help them make it to the top call recorder apps & software in the 2022 list.
- Precise and automatic call recording
- Inbound and outbound call recording
- On-demand recording playback
- Easy customization
- Detailed call analytics
- PCI-compliant call recording software
Aircall Pros and Cons
- Seamless integration with Hubspot
- Easy to set up
- Very easy to use
- The quality of calls is not so good
- Customer Service is poor
- Too many bugs in the chrome extension
- Not all area codes are available for new numbers
Aircall is a full-featured VoIP phone system that comes with a business call recorder facility. The system costs $30-$50 per user per month, depending on the package you choose. For more pricing information, contact Aircall’s sales team.
With the help of DialerHQ, companies can record and archive phone calls for various uses, including quality assurance, compliance, training, and dispute resolution. DialerHQ is an excellent choice for companies across industries because of its cutting-edge features and strong security measures.
- Inbound and outbound call recording
- Call tagging and annotation
- Automatic recording
- Analytics and Reporting
- Secure storage and access
DialerHQ Pros and Cons
- Improved training and quality assurance
- Enhanced dispute resolution
- Compliance and legal requirements
- Excellent performance evaluation
- Storage limitations are an issue
- Excessive technical dependencies
- Learning curve for beginners
DialerHQ offers four pricing options for call center solutions. It includes:
- Basic- $0
- Bronze- $7.99/user/month
- Silver- $11.99/user/month
- Platinum-custom pricing
Talkdesk is another well-known software for call recording that provides a complete picture of every customer interaction. This software allows you to maintain compliance while giving you complete control over your recording and storage preferences. You can also pause and resume live recordings, as well as change the voice recording and retention settings.
Furthermore, this call recording solution allows you to store calls on your cloud or their cloud for as long as you need them. Besides that, Talkdesk Quality Management will enable you to review recordings, fill out scorecards, gain additional insights, and add time-stamped annotations for agents to review.
- Complete control over your call recordings
- Pause, resume, and turn off live recordings
- Customize recording and retention settings
- Keep recordings for as long as you want
- Integrated with Talkdesk Quality Management
- Stay compliant with local or federal regulations
Talkdesk Pros and Cons
- Simple to use and regular updates
- Quick resolutions
- Easy to understand
- Some issues sometimes faced for connecting 3 way or conference calls
- Internal call transfer facility missing
- The dashboard should be a bit more user-friendly
- Call drops
The Talkdesk call recording feature is part of the larger system- Talkdesk cloud contact center software. When you subscribe to any of the four Talkdesk packages, you also get access to the call recording system.
Dialpad is a full-service business phone system with multiple features and modules. One of them is call recording. The dialpad call recording feature allows you to easily record business phone calls while remaining compliant. The AI-powered call recording system provides real-time transcriptions of calls, data storage in the cloud– eventually enabling you to improve your customer service and performance.
The platform also includes a user-friendly dashboard that provides real-time insights into each call and lets you take immediate action. For example, you can track live customer calls, operators, on-call customer sentiment, and more.
- One-click recording
- Real-time guidance
- Quick training and onboarding
- Searchable transcripts
- Unparalleled privacy and security
- Regulations adherence
Dialpad Pros and Cons
- Can set up automatic responses for calls and messages
- Call quality is good
- Voice-to-text could be improved
- Poor customer service
- The app can be glitchy at times
Dialpad provides multiple packages based on the product you select. Visit their website to get a better idea of their pricing options.
You May Also Read : Outbound Call Center Software
RingCentral offers a call recording app to anyone who uses their RingCentral Phone desktop app or RingCentral app. It allows automatic as well as manual recording, depending on your needs. Once an administrator activates an extension, the automatic call recorder will record all incoming and outgoing calls for that extension.
The app lets you save recorded calls in call logs for up to 90 days, with a maximum of 100,000 recordings per account. You can also download the recordings for your own records or future playback. You can also enable recordings for individual or multiple users, which you can download or playback at any time.
- Easy to setup app
- 100,000 recordings per account
- Easy download and on-demand playback for up to 90 days
- Custom announcements for inbound and outbound calls
- Auto emails to parties who have opted in to call recording
- Call recording is possible on any device, at any time
Ringcentral Pros and Cons
- Easy to use a mobile application
- It has an extensive reporting system
- They have too many features available
- Significant delays in the call
- Pricing is high
- The support system is not so good
RingCentral business call recorder app is available to all RingCentral Phone desktop app and RingCentral app subscribers. You don’t have to pay anything extra for this benefit.
The LiveAgent call recording software allows you to save an unlimited number of recordings of any length. The single multi-channel help desk software allows you to create, store, and manage all call recordings. Moreover, you can search, listen to, or download any calls anytime, regardless of when they were recorded or stored.
One feature that distinguishes LiveAgent from other software for call recording is that each call recording is converted to a regular ticket with its own unique ticket ID. To improve the search, you can even add notes to the tickets. In addition to storing an unlimited number of call recordings, LiveAgent also stores all of your voicemail, ensuring that no calls or words are ever lost.
- No need for a third-party application
- Unlimited storage
- Easy data storing and searching
- Access to voicemail anywhere
- Single-click control of all the recordings
- Robust data safety and privacy
Liveagent Pros and Cons
- They have a live chat feature
- The support system is very quick
- Easy integration to every platform
- The setup is very lengthy and complex
- The mobile app has multiple bugs
- Outdated design
LiveAgent provides a call recording feature for the All-inclusive and higher plans. The all-inclusive plan costs $49 per agent per month. Basic plans– Ticket and Ticket+ Chat do not include call recording.
Cloudtalk is the last name on our list of the best call recording software in 2023. Cloudtalk automatically records inbound as well as outbound calls. Once the call has ended, you can listen to it from your internet browser at any time and from any location. Furthermore, Cloudtalk lets you download call recordings as a standard HTTPS link (website link), which you can then save and store wherever you want.
By listening to these call recordings or gaining insights into conversations, agents can better understand their mistakes, customers’ issues, and the scope of changes in their process.
- Automated recording
- Easy storage & download of recordings
- Access to data through any device
- Rich analytics that helps improve the process
- Easy setup
- Compliances with local & federal regulations
Cloudtalk Pros and Cons
- It’s extremely simple to install and integrate
- Friendly User Interface
- The support system is good
- Windows application could be improved
- Onboarding is complex
- Integration with other apps is not easy
Cloudtalk provides call recording with all four plans: Starter, Essential, Expert, and Custom. These plans cost $25, $30, and $50, respectively. However, the storage period varies from plan to plan. Visit the website to learn more about the pricing.
These are the top 11 call recording software for business in 2023. As you can see, each of the 11 has a unique set of advanced features, pricing, and purpose. To make an informed decision, we recommend you visit their official website and read online customer reviews.
How Is VoIP Call Recorder Different from Its Traditional Method?
VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol is one technology that uses the internet for every operation. In traditional call recorder methods to record calls, calls were taped and stored manually.
This type of data storage was only half as good as it was exposed to physical damage and regular wear & tear. In automatic phone recording, all the calls are auto-recorded and saved on the cloud space. The database is secure from physical damage and is easily accessible from any part of the world.
How Can You Activate the VoIP Call Recorder?
If you are using a personal virtual phone number, use the option for turning Voice call recorder ON/OFF in order to activate or stop recording. This option must be easily visible to you in the interface. It will be activated for the particular call. You can also activate the recording feature with the ‘look back’ technique where the entire call will be recorded, and you will get the recording once the call is finished.
However, you need to contact your VoIP service provider if you want to activate VoIP phone recording on all of your work-site extensions. Some of the VoIP numbers come with auto-recording.
Importance of VoIP Call Recorder Software
Tired of taking notes during a call? Missing out on personal and private information? Spoken words are often forgotten but written always remains. Recording business calls can be really effective and productive.
With the phone recording feature, you can record the calls once and can later review them or even use them to be even more productive. Make your phone calls immortal by just keeping them safe and stored. Save them once, visit them time and time again.
We, as individuals have countless reasons to record calls, some could be really petty but others could be to utter importance. The phone recording system not only benefits you to record personal calls but can also be of great help for business-related calls and can actually help you stay in the loop with the conversation you had and act accordingly keeping all the value points in mind.
You can archive them, share them, podcast them, and so on. Call recorder becomes more pertinent in businesses, which banks a lot on saving information for later managerial and other business needs.
There are a number of smart and convenient tools offered by phone recording service providers in VoIP. If you are taking full advantage of VoIP they can even do more than just offering free call recording in Virtual phone system. CallHippo is one of the leading call recorder service providers in VoIP.
You May Also Read : Understanding Telephone Recording Regulations in Different Countries
Why Your Sales Team Needs Phone Call Recorder Software
Managing sales can be a tough job. Keeping every prospect in mind, acting accordingly, coming up to the expectations is a task in itself. You would not want to stress yourself even more by actually remembering every detail of the conversation you had with another person.
In the current scenario, what happens to the conversation just after the call ends? A major chunk of the information is lost. You try to keep it recorded using various other tools like taking notes, scheduling follow-ups, etc, but the actual conversation is lost.
Moreover, you have no evidence of having a conversation. The phone recording feature not only provides an affirmation but also helps in documenting it.
Another advantage of having a phone recording feature is Adieu to Note-taking – There is a lot happening on a sales calls, you cannot jot down every bit of it. Call record it! With free call recorder in virtual phones, you don’t have to worry about anything else but just focus on the prospect.
With voip call recorder in the virtual phone system, meetings can happen hassle-free by simply passing off recordings of the past calls instead of handing off notes — which are full of typos, shorthand and incomplete information.
The person receiving the prospect can now listen to those calls and start their first conversation not only with a complete understanding of the conversations that have taken place but also a feel for the emotion and tone of voice that the prospect or customer uses and have a personal connection.
Another edge that phone recording in sales has over other mediums is that when the sales manager looks into the metrics, verbally, the salesperson cannot tell the story. Using call recorder as a tool, the whole conversation can be provided to the manager without any chance of missing out on to important points.
Advantages of VoIP Call Recorder
Having said so much already, a free Phone recording in a Virtual phone system cent percent has so many benefits, which are as follows-
- Automated call recorder using CallHippo phone recording system.
- Purge the tedious task of taking notes and go tech-friendly.
- With the automatic transfer of your calls to your CRM using the CallHippo call recorder system, you don’t have to worry about saving them manually.
- You can use the recorded calls for training the new employees and setting a more practical example.
- Since recorded calls can be revisited, they can help in analyzing the business plans and acting accordingly and generating more effective policies and strategies.
- Phone Recording service providers in VoIP ensure that this is hassle-free and fulfills regulatory compliance as per the legal norms.
- Go infinite with your calls now using the CallHippo phone recording system as it provides unlimited incoming and outgoing calls without any time hindrance.
How To Set Call Recorder in CallHippo?
The free call recording in Virtual phone system offered by Call Recording service providers in VoIP cannot get easier than by using CallHippo call recording system. Just a few simple steps, and Voila! you’re all set to go!
This is no rocket science to record phone calls and can be easily done by following some easy steps which are as follows
- Save the person’s number you want to call.
- Tap the number, and go to settings.
- Turn on the call recording.
- Get set calling!
It is that easy and simple.
You can also listen to the recording then and there. CallHippo phone recording system also provides for the facility of reviewing your call recording just after you hang up. You can do this by going to the tab ‘Activity feed’ where you will find all your call recordings and you can listen to whichever recording you want to.
You May Also Read : Discover the 12 Best Call Center Software Solutions.
Frequently Asked Question:
1. How do I activate call recorder?
If you have a virtual phone number all you have to do is turn the phone recording option ON/OFF to start or stop recording a call. This option is easily visible on the main phone interface. You will need to contact your service provider to activate voice recording for all work-site extensions.
2. Is there an additional fee to get a VoIP call recording feature?
3. How many phone recordings can be stored, and for how long?
All inbound and outbound calls are automatically recorded, saved, and available for download for up to 90 days. Users can record 100,000 inbound or outbound calls per account.
4. Do You Need to Pay for The VoIP Phone Recording Feature?
VoIP phone recorder sofwater facility is the part of your hosted VoIP subscription, and you need not pay for it separately. They will look after the management and maintenance, keeping you free from all the tensions. However, if you are using a software-based recording, then you may have to bear the maintenance cost from your end.
5. How Many Calls Can You Record?
All the inbound and outbound phone calls are automatically saved in the call logs and are available for download up to 90 days. You can download audio call recording and save for your reference in the future.
Bottom Line: Call recording softwares are necessary for businesses that provide primary customer support via phone. Customer call recordings can be a goldmine for businesses since they provide vital information about customer demand, issues, agent proficiency, and more. However, ensure that you thoroughly evaluate all of the 11 call recording software options listed above to select the best one that perfectly aligns with your organizational requirements, goals, and budget.