A warm and professional-sounding voicemail greeting helps you sound friendly, appreciative of the call, and to the point. When you are unable to answer a call from your customer, the Voicemail greeting feature of CallHippo receives your customer’s queries or questions. Sign up today!
Greet Your Clients With Customized Voicemail Greeting
When you are not available to attend customer call, Voicemail is a savior to receive your customer’s queries or questions. When we talk about voicemail, voicemail Greeting becomes an important part to consider.
A voicemail greeting should sound friendly, appreciative of the call, and to the point. The initial greeting should have your company’s name and the department they have called into. Also, include information of when the customers will get a callback and apologise for the unavailability. In business terms, not only will this improve the relationship with your customers even before the discussion, it will make you look professional in their eyes.
Ask your customers to leave a message after the voicemail greeting along with their call back number, name and the reason for their call. It helps you prepare better before you call them. You can also give them the opportunity to use other alternatives in case they need an immediate response. Provide them with other modes of communication like number, email, website or a physical address in their vicinity.
Elements of a proper voicemail greeting:
- Greet your customer
- Thank them for getting in touch with you.
- Based on the kind of assistance they require, guide them.
- Make it crisp and to the point.
Here are few examples of Voicemail Greetings:
- Hey there, you have reached to JKL Inc. Please leave your message after the beep. We will get back to you as earliest as possible. Thank you.
- Hello, You have reached to Jane from ABC’s marketing department. I would love to get back to you as soon as I’m available. Please leave the message after the beep. Thank you.
- Hi, This is Monica from XYZ’s finance department. I’m sorry I can’t take the calls right now. Please leave your name and number. I’ll get back to you as soon as time allows me. Thank You.
Do keep in mind that the voicemail greeting is your first interaction with your customer. It could break the ice if it is interesting and well designed. The impression you leave on your leads can change the attitude of how they are going to interact with you.