On-premise telephony systems have had their share of glory for years. Now the time has changed and the VOIP phone system has taken over the communication world. As more businesses are moving towards VoIP phone number providers, they have seen an average of 50-75% savings.
VOIP phone system is one of the proven ways to save cost and improve internal and external communication, small businesses can benefit a lot from this shift from traditional telephony. In 2020, if your business is looking for an efficient virtual phone system, these are the 5 most popular and affordable providers that you should consider. In this article, we will be discussing the benefits and offerings from these top 5 telephony and pick the best VoIP phone system for your business.
Here are the top 5 VoIP phone systems we will discuss:
The first on the list we have is a US-based Virtual phone number provider. CallHippo is specifically designed for small & medium businesses offering the best features at very affordable prices. Starting from A to Z, with CallHippo, you can buy local phone numbers of more than 40 countries including important numbers for the USA, UK, Australia, Canada, and France.
CallHippo has seen tremendous growth in 2018 because of its amazing customer service and feature-rich telephony system. Here, let’s have a look at some of the important features that CallHippo provides, and that your business might also need:
- Record every conversation with the Call Recording feature to analyze your team.
- Check real-time call status & history.
- Add virtual phone numbers of multiple countries and handle them with a common telephony system effectively.
- Get unique numbers for every department (like support, sales, marketing, etc.)
- Define working hours and let callers know when you’re not working.
- Empower callers to drop a voicemail and call back according to your convenience.
- Transfer calls to your team members and direct customers to the right help.
- Put your customer calls in queue to handle multiple customers effectively like a call center.
- Forward calls to the desired number when a member is not available.
- Enable “Ring All” feature and allow every one of your team members to receive customer calls at the same time. This feature helps a lot in providing customer services. As multiple users will receive the customer call, anyone can pick up the customer call and provide support.
- Track your call minutes, incoming, outgoing call details, and analyze the flow of calls.
- A mobile app for remotely handling customer calls.
CallHippo is an affordable small business phone system that provides various toll-free numbers like 800, 888, 877, 866, 855, 844, etc. You should definitely consider CallHippo as your virtual phone system this year because they are constantly updating the web app and mobile app to offer the best services.
CallHippo has various plans starting from $0/user/month to $35/user/month.
RingCentral is an old name in the virtual telephony world with a lot of exciting features. It has separate plans for both – small businesses and enterprises. RingCentral has entered into mobile telephony a way back to offer communication mobility. Unfortunately, there are no free plans available with this VoIP phone system. Their plans start from $19.99/user/month to $49.99, ranging in four variants.
Here are some of the important features you will get with a basic RingCentral plan:
- Unlimited audio and video meetings on desktop and mobile (up to 4 users.)
- Call customers without any limits.
- Send unlimited business SMS to customers.
- Call management and phone administration to analyze your calls.
- High-definition voice quality on calls.
- Access voicemails from your web app and mobile app.
- Collaborate with your team effectively and manage client communication.
- Various integrations with Microsoft, Google, Box, and Okta, etc.
There are other features focusing on meeting, messaging, security, and analytics. But, you can only take benefit of such features on higher plans.
RingCentral has been in the game for a long time now, and many big brands are using this VoIP system. A small business may have to spend out of the limits to fully utilize RingCentral.
Vonage was founded in 2001, and it has gained some really important clients in this tenure. Just like RingCentral, Vonage is also focusing more on big enterprises. The plans start from $19.99/user/month to $39.99, ranging in three variants. Unfortunately, there are no free plans available with Vonage, but you can try out this VoIP system for 14 days trial.
Here are some of the feature you’ll find in Vonage high-end plans:
- Unlimited client calling and messaging.
- Mobile app is available for iOS and Android.
- A fully-featured web app.
- Vonage Flow – A feature that offers group chat, messaging, voice calls, video calls, and media sharing.
- IVR selection for customers.
- Video conferencing, chat, and file-sharing features on the mobile app as well as the web app.
- Various CRM integrations.
- Call Recording to analyze your customer conversation.
- Forward call to multiple users and offer better customer support.
8×8 offers a strong suite of features for all three segments of the business – Small, Medium, and Large. Since we’re talking about small businesses, let’s have a look at some of the features 8×8 provides for this segment:
- Easy-to-use administration with full support from 8×8.
- Buy local phone numbers of more than 47 countries and call unlimited.
- Well designed web and mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Enable HD voice with high clarity.
- Leverage automatic and manual presence to your customers as well as team members.
- Team messaging and group chat.
- Allow customers to drop voicemails.
- Industry-standard encryption on calls for security.
- Audio and Video conferencing.
- Transfer calls to colleagues and manages the high flow of customer calls.
8×8 plans start from $25/user/month to $55, ranging in three variants.
Last, but not least, we have a small business phone system from Jive. Jive mainly has one plan that ranges between $19.95- $29.95/user/month, depending on the number of users, up to 99 users. For more than 100 users, you have to contact Jive and set up a custom plan. Unlike other VoIP phone number providers, Jive believes in offering all the features to all the plans. So, here are some important features that Jive offers from its suite of 80 features:
- Auto call attendance.
- Call log monitoring and analytics.
- Call recording to monitor customer calls.
- Call conferencing.
- Send custom messages to customers and teammates.
- Allow customers to send voicemails.
- Call divert and call forwarding.
- Call queuing for customer call management.
- Setup call waiting and call parking.
So, which VoIP phone system is right for your business?
If you’re a large business or an enterprise, where pricing is not an issue, you should go for RingCentral or Vonage or 8×8. They all have solid features and provides amazing customer services.
On the other hand, If you’re a small or medium-sized business seeking solid necessary features, you should go for a small business phone system from CallHippo or Jive. CallHippo has more mindful plans compared to Jive where you can pick the right one according to your needs. Plus, you can buy local phone numbers for all the important countries within a few minutes.
I’m putting more weight on CallHippo because it has successfully provided quality service in a very short period where other competitors are present for more than a decade.