Change is the only constant.
The maxim couldn’t hold more accuracy when it comes to businesses.
Whether it is the technology or the methodology of running a business, evolution is what it takes to produce optimal results.
One of these major changes is – Cloud-based phone system.
Businesses do not need to be confined by the barriers of a physical office anymore.
With more and more people realizing and leveraging the potential of digital technology, remote work has become pretty commonplace. In this scenario, the best you can do is to adapt your business to this change and create systems that allow your team to work from anywhere in the world.
And another is the fact that in today’s day and age, it is not customer service but customer engagement that will give you the much-needed edge. And the only way to engage your customers is through effective communication.
To achieve this, your business must have a seamless medium of communication so that your customers know you are there to attend to their needs 24*7*365.
Cloud-based phone systems allow you to connect with your team/customers, irrespective of your geographical location. It will serve the digital nomad in you by giving you flexibility, and the dedicated professional in you by not letting you miss your business deals or customer queries.
That is true irrespective of your business category.
However, today we’ll be talking about a business wherein you can make significantly high profits with low investments and that too from the comfort of your home or anywhere in the world.
I am talking about the – import/export industry.
The biggest advantage of an export/import business is that you get to work without any geographical limitations. This not only expands your customer base but also helps you to learn about the global marketplace in an unprecedented manner.
Whether you’re a beginner or have already had your share of experience, learning a little more never hurts.
How to begin international trading from your home?
There is not much you need to begin trading from your home. If you have a smooth internet connection, a laptop, and a cloud-based phone system then you are already prepared for running a business.
Here are the steps to start your business –
Choose your product – This goes without saying. You need to choose a product that you’ll be comfortable to deal with, in the long-run. For this, study the demographics of the country you’re looking to establish your business with. Identify the products that are in demand in that market. Conduct exhaustive research and finally zero in on the product that fits your puzzle.
Build a brand – You can be the most extraordinary business person of all times, but it will take you nowhere if your clients are unaware of that. So, make sure you increase your visibility online by all means and take your business be in front of your prospects.
Complete the necessary paperwork – Before you can start a business you must have all the necessary legal documents. Get a list of documents you need to trade internationally and tick them off the list one by one.
Decide upon shipment methods- There are a number of methods by which you can establish shipment. However, you need to choose the one that synchronizes with the methods of the country you are dealing with. For that, keep your options open.
Why do you need a cloud-based phone system for your export/import business?
To know that, let us first get an apt definition for the same. So, a cloud or internet-based phone system is basically – phone service over the internet.
It works by converting voice vibrations to digital signals that translate to Internet Protocol packets. These Internet Protocol packets then transmit and convert to regular telephone signals.
For establishing international trade, you need a phone system that will serve you and your customers 24*7*365 without fail. You need to adjust to different time frames depending on the country you are dealing with. And in case, you are unable to receive calls at a given time, your customers must know that you will attend them soon.
Also, due to the nature of your business, you’ll have the privilege of dealing with customers from all over the world, all you have is a common telephone number – guess what?- They might not be able to reach you. So, how about getting a local phone number of the place you’re dealing with. For example, if your trade partner has a factory set up in London, the wise option for you is to get a UK phone number, so that your partner can reach you whenever required. Also, the virtual phone number will facilitate the forwarding of calls to your smartphone, and you’ll be able to attend them from anywhere in the world.
How does a cloud-based phone system help with international trading?
- Builds a loyal customer base – If you want to build a loyal customer base- investing in a U.K phone system is the way to go. It is human psychology to trust someone who holds similarities. That’s the reason customers to trust you more when you use a number that is familiar to them. It will seal your brand with credibility and offer your customers – added transparency.
- Lends innovative features – Unlike a regular number, a virtual phone number comes with a plethora of innovative features. Call queuing, interactive voice response, voicemail, call reminder, or call recording, are some of them. All this with the unparalleled call quality – seals the deal.
- Business continuity – Adversities do not announce their arrival. The best you can do is prepare yourself for such unforeseen circumstances. For this, businesses all over the world are coming up with solutions that will ensure that their business continues even in case of adversities. A cloud-based office phone system facilitates business continuity by ensuring that your business will be able to function even without a physical office. All you’ll need is an internet connection and your laptop or smartphone, and you will be able to serve your customers without a glitch.
- Cost-effective – International and domestic plans connect you with your customers without burning a hole in your pocket. The cost is cut-down significantly as your business does need to maintain separate networks for data and phones- this leads to significant cost cut down. The cost of maintaining multiple landlines at your office is slashed too, as VoIP phone numbers allow you to receive calls even at your smartphone.
- 24*7*365 availability– You need to be there to attend to your customer’s needs at all times. A UK phone number makes sure of that. You never miss a call, because if there’s no one to attend the call at one extension, it goes to another extension to another team member.
- Hassle-free – No matter how wide your customer base is, you do not need to go through the hassle of installing multiple phone systems in your working space. As long as you have internet access, you can use your VoIP phone number to make and receive calls from multiple devices – including your smartphone.
- Security – A VoIP phone number is not your regular business number. Unlike traditional numbers, the VoIP office phone numbers have standardized encryption protocols that secure your calls and data efficiently.
- Automated assistance – There are some frequently asked questions. You no longer need an employee to repeat the answers, time and again. A cloud-based phone system allows you to automate such answers. This helps to solve customers’ general queries at all hours of the day.
Conclusion – In today’s time and age, you can do anything and be successful at it, if you have the right tools at your service. Don’t you think it’s time you leverage the opportunity and take your business to new heights or start one if you haven’t?
A cloud-based phone system is your full-time assistant that will make the arduous business processes – smooth and free-flowing.
Last updated on