With the ever-evolving business scenario of present times, VoIP phone services have become quite attractive for business owners. The simple reason for this immense popularity is the full range of available features, competitive pricing, and above all, their simplicity when compared to the regular traditional phone line systems.
More and more businesses these days are switching to VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) for their phone service as it enables multiple sites to share one phone identity all across the world conveniently.
The only requirement of a high-speed internet of good quality further makes VoIP phone system a smart alternative to their traditional counterparts. It won’t be a mistake to say that VoIP services are completely changing the face of businesses by allowing them to place outgoing calls or receive incoming calls directly from a VoIP phone, computer, wirelessly through mobile hotspots, or through a regular phone that’s connected to a VoIP adapter.
Convinced about the power of VoIP telephony but not sure which one to pick?
Well, there is no need to worry. Your service choices in this space aren’t limited to a couple of local telephone companies, as VoIP is both cloud-based and ubiquitous.
Here we are making a detailed comparison of the top VoIP service providers of 2019 to let you make an informed decision while picking the final one.
An excellent example of evolving VoIP communications, Dailpad boasts of some robust features such as integration with third-party apps, mobility, auto attendant, and call recording. CallHippo’s VoIP services though are an excellent dialpad alternative.
Pros of Dialpad
- Super easy to set up and manage
- Good support for both iOS and Android mobile devices
- Easily scales up or down
Cons of Dialpad
- Other than call recording, no additional call monitoring features available
- Limited phone and email support (available only at higher tiers)
- Not great call quality as it is a function of network
Having been present in the toll-free number space for over 17 years, Avoxi is one of the known names in VoIP service providers. Their USP is their call forwarding service which is offered as a part of AVOXI’s core cloud PBX phone system.
Some of the prominent features of Avoxi include geographic routing, selective call forwarding, hosted call recording, auto attendant, and call groups.
Pros of Avoxi
- Allows you to have your calls forwarded to as many numbers or devices as you please
- You can choose the invitations ring to the selected numbers at the same time, or in a particular order until the call is answered
- Varied cost options based on your selected package
Cons of Avoxi
- The administration user interface is not so easy to use
- Does not offer a shopping cart feature and customers can only order one number at a time
- Hazy customer support
3. Line 2
As the name suggests, Line 2 is about providing people with a 2nd phone number for either personal or business use. As a VoIP service provider, Line 2 is suitable more for your personal business affairs rather than the business team’s affairs. Line2 alternatives though are available in the market.
It offers one phone number and one extension and allows you to be only signed into one device at a time, so using it with multiple people/ devices would be difficult.
Pros of Line 2 include
- 7-day free trial
- Good call quality
- Unlimited texting
- Good mobile app & usage
Cons of Line 2
- Not so good at handling multiple lines
- Include long-term contracts
- Unavailability of international numbers
- High pricing
Established in 2016, the company has its headquarters in southern California. One of the best VoIP service providers, the USP of CallHippo is an extensive list of features, extremely competitive pricing, and a clean interface for small- business owners.
As an on-demand Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) Service Provider, this Avoxi alternative allows start-ups and businesses to buy instant local support numbers from over 50+ countries around the world.
CallHippo’s basic features package is an excellent option for entrepreneurs or small businesses to try their hands & be sure about the QOS before making any long-term commitments. There are three other comprehensive plans to choose from starting at $10 per month. Some of the best features of CallHippo’s virtual phone system include Voicemail, call recording, ring-all, call forwarding, call analytics and more.
Benefits of CallHippo
- An excellent Dailpad alternative, CallHippo is easy and quick to set up.
- An extensive set of product features that allow callers to be greeted by a virtual receptionist, an automated call tree to be forwarded to the proper department and more.
- Several leading software Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms (Zoho, Zendesk, Slack, Zapier, and more) can be integrated with CallHippo’s phone systems and software to help your employees save time. Reasonable pricing and annual billing option that decreases your monthly price, as well as initial calling charges.
5. United World Telecom
United World Telecom uses Global Call Connect to let you place international phone calls. To use this service, you need to dial a local access number the company provides to you. United World Telecom alternatives are also available in the market.
Pros of UWT
- The excellent feature set and high-quality calls
- Allows to place calls using international callback or a local access number
Cons of UWT
- Requires a monthly fee for using specific services
- Expensive rates
As the traditional phone lines are becoming a thing of past, the time is not far when VoIP phones systems will take over entirely and become your only choice for business phone.
The good part is that you have plenty of options to choose from when it comes to the selection of the best VoIP service provider. However, if you’re looking for a VoIP phone system for your business in this extremely competitive market, it is prudent to do thorough research before choosing the right one.
CallHippo emerges as the winner in this comparison of top VOIP service providers of 2019. It is a smart Dialpad alternative, Line2 alternative, Avoxi alternative, as well as United World Telecom alternative because of an extensive list of features, robust customer support, and flexible price-point variations.
Last updated on