Modern businesses enjoy many privileges, thanks to the latest technology. One of them is being able to set up a virtual phone number. A virtual phone number is also known as direct access or an inward dialing number. The virtual phone number is not linked to a physical telephone line and operates using an internet connection.
You can use virtual phone numbers to forward incoming calls to other business numbers. Your team members can use the same number on their laptops, smartphones, and other devices. Customer support executives can record voice messages, forward calls, and also make VoIP calls to clients.
The best part about virtual numbers is that no prior technical knowledge is required to set them up. Your virtual phone number provider will explain everything to you. If your business operates in South Africa, we have created a list of the best South Africa virtual phone number providers in 2021.
13 Best South Africa Virtual Phone Number Providers in 2021
These companies offer customized plans suited to all types of businesses in South Africa. Some of them provide VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) services instead of virtual phone numbers. Both are different from a technological perspective, but the purpose of using them is the same. VoIP is suitable for large businesses, whereas virtual phone numbers help smaller teams and local businesses.
CallHippo provides robust VoIP solutions and operates in over 50 countries. It takes care of everything from call recording to analytics. You can get started in 3 easy steps shown in the image below:
- Power Dialer: Automatically dial a predefined list of numbers as part of your marketing campaign.
- Smart Switch: Switch to the best network before placing a call and solve all your connectivity issues.
- Global Connect: Call your international clients as per their local time and never irritate them again.
- Call Transfer: Redirect a customer call from your phone number to a team member when required.
- Call Barging: The supervisor monitors the call silently and gives his inputs if needed.
- Call Recording: Record all calls on your virtual phone number and monitor your team’s performance.
- Voice Mail: Receive voicemails in your inbox and play them directly from your email.
- Call Analytics: Track your team’s performance, measure the call load of each team member, and get other valuable insights.
- On Hold Music: Play melodious background music to keep your callers engaged while they are on hold. You can also upload your brand’s signature tune into the system.
CallHippo has three plans: Bronze, Silver, and Platinum. They will cost you $15, $30, and $45 per user per month, respectively. As seen in the image below, you can save three months’ cost on annual plans.
This service provider offers a virtual landline number for your business that gains the trust of your customers. The system has a multi-user option and operates in all the regions of South Africa.
- Voicemail to Email: All voicemails received on your virtual landline number get redirected to your email. You can listen to voicemails anywhere.
- Conference Calls: Set up conference calls with your team and clients easily.
- Professional Greetings: Greet your clients professionally and impress them. You have the option to record the message yourself or hire a voice artist.
- Interactive Voice Menu: Help customers get solutions to common problems through a self-service voice menu.
- No Hardware: There is no need to install expensive systems at your office. You only need a smartphone to use the South Africa virtual phone number.
- Mobile Calls: Answering calls on your landline is not limited to your office. Answer them on your cell phone from anywhere in the world.
- Numbers Globally: Get an international virtual phone number but answer the calls as per your client’s country. Your international clients can save on expensive calling rates.
Visit the website to explore the various pricing plans and call rates.
Blacktel connects you to its global cellular network to receive or make calls and text messages. You get access to an Android or iOS app depending on which operating system your phone uses. All you need to do is activate the push notification feature. The app does all the work for you in the background.
- Get a Travel SIM to stay in touch with your clients when traveling abroad.
- Apply for a Prepaid virtual phone number for short-term usage.
- Add your Fax machine to the Blacktel account and receive a fax to your email address.
- All virtual phone numbers come with 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) for better security.
The cost depends on whether you need only calls, messages, fax, or all three together. Visit the website to understand the pricing in detail.
4. Switch Telecom
Switch Telecom provides VoIP (Voiceover Internet Protocol) solutions to homeowners and businesses. The company has over ten years of experience in this industry.
They offer a wide range of services shown on their website:
Contact Switch Telecom to get a customized quote depending on your needs.
Axxess offers high-speed internet and VoIP services to South African citizens. You can make and receive calls using your internet connection.
- Zero monthly subscription costs.
- Make free calls to other Axxess VoIP members.
- Being a cloud-hosted service, you can port your current geographic telephone number to Axxess and enjoy the benefits.
Visit the website to explore the various pricing plans and call rates.
Buwacom provides PBX (Private Box Exchange) services hosted on secure cloud servers. The service works with Buwacom’s inexpensive VOIP phones and mobile apps.
- Lower cost of ownership compared to traditional telephone networks.
- You can add or remove VoIP phone extensions as required.
- Customize the features from the app’s control panel.
- You can use the PBX extension with any internet service provider.
Buwacom offers Home, Business, and Premium plans. Contact them to explore the pricing and features or schedule a demo.
7. VoIP Studio
VoIP Studio is a cloud-based business phone service designed for modern businesses. It integrates with most business systems to simplify your workflow. In COVID times, you can use VoIP service to support employees who are working from their homes.
Work From Home is the new normal!
- Unlimited call recording.
- Video conferencing to encourage teamwork.
- A Virtual Switchboard to help you manage calls in real-time.
- Over 40 advanced features such as IVR systems, complex routing, and call management.
A free trial of 30 days is available. Then, if you are happy with the system, you can sign up for one of the packages shown on their Website.
Mweb is one of the leading VoIP service providers in South Africa. You can take benefit of their services in three ways:
- Use a VoIP-enabled handset and plug in your router. You can purchase the handset from the Mweb website.
- Install a VoIP application either onto your desktop or smartphone. Mweb recommends using the Zoiper app.
- You can also use your existing smartphone and connect it to Mweb’s VoIP adapter.
Contact them to explore the various plans offered by Mweb
Voys offers a business phone system for less than the price of a landline. You can link multiple phone numbers to your primary business phone system. Alternatively, you can keep your existing South Africa phone number if you want.
- Configure your VoIP services through a self-service web portal.
- View detailed call records and statistics in a few clicks.
- A wide range of local and international numbers are available for use by South African businesses.
The Freedom Starter Plan includes a cloud PBX, 1 phone number, and 3 extensions to link up to 3 devices. Contact them for the latest prices.
Freshphone is a reliable home phone solution provider in South Africa. People working from home and freelancers can take advantage of their services.
- Call forwarding.
- Pin Protected Dialling: Dial numbers after entering a PIN.
- Caller ID.
- Blacklists: Block certain numbers when required.
- Country lists: Restrict or allow contact with certain countries.
- Set up personalized voicemail greetings.
Freshphone has ZERO signup and installation costs mentioned on their website, And find out their latest calling rates.
The Wanatel Cloud PBX is an excellent business phone service used by many enterprises in South Africa. They maintain the equipment, host the VoIP service, and handle all the software upgrades for you.
- Number portability.
- Call back service.
- Get a Click-to-call button to help visitors on your website call you directly in a single click.
- ViBE technology improves your call quality and reduces overall VoIP bandwidth consumption.
- Up to 100 simultaneous channels to make outbound calls.
Wanatel offers Standard, Advanced, and Premium plans. For more information regarding plans visit the Wanatel website.
12. Ugo Telecoms
Ugo Telecoms offers Mobile VoIP solutions to individuals and enterprises in South Africa. They provide a virtual phone number as follows:
- Regional numbers: 010, 012, 021, etc.
- National or non-regional numbers: 087-numbers
- Special numbers: 0860 000 numbers
The added advantage is that Ugo Telecoms also provides users with a VoIP softphone. It enables users to receive calls from their business or residential VoIP account. For example, the Grandstream Wave is a free VoIP softphone application. You can use the application on any Android or iPhone device.
Features of VoIP Softphone:
- Call forwarding (unconditional/no-answer/busy/time-based).
- DND (Do Not Disturb).
- Downloadable phone book (XML, LDAP).
- Call waiting.
- Call history.
- Custom ringtones.
- Server redundancy to reduce downtime.
- 6-way voice conferencing.
Contact them and get a quote.
Sadomain is a web hosting and VoIP service provider. You can expect the best products from them as they are a proud member of the Internet Service Providers Association (ISPA).
You can get the following new virtual phone numbers from Sadomain:
- 021 – 565 xxxx
- 031 – 555 xxxx
- 010 – 555 xxxx
- 028 – 555 0000 To 555 0999
- 049 – 555 0000 To 555 0999
- 051 – 555 0000 To 555 0999
- 053 – 555 0000 To 555 0999
- 054 – 555 0000 To 555 0999
- 056 – 555 0000 To 555 0999
- 057 – 555 0000 To 555 0999
- 058 – 555 0000 To 555 0999
You can make both local as well as international calls from the above numbers.
Submit a Sales Enquiry ticket on the Sadomain website to find out the pricing plans.
A virtual phone number or VoIP service makes life easy for businesses. We have listed out all the top service providers in South Africa. Now it is your turn to contact them and choose what suits best for your needs.
Comment below to tell us about your experience with different service providers. You can also tell us about other best virtual number providers in South Africa. Your feedback will help us to update this list from time to time.