Prevent escalations and limitless call transfers by providing on-the-spot redressal to customer grievances with the Call Barging feature offered by CallHippo.
Call Barging can help you train new agents during a phone call, monitor performance, and ensure high-quality customer service offered by the sales team with this awesome feature.
What is Call Barging?
Call Barging software is when a supervisor who is silently monitoring the call decides to enter the conference bridge. As soon as the supervisor joins the calls it becomes a full three-way conference call where all the three parties can talk with each other.
How to Get Started with Call Barging?
It is a simple and standard part of the progressive cloud-based call center software. It is a feature that will help you to listen and barge into live calls regardless of the location of your agents.
When the managers and supervisors see that an agent is struggling they can barge into the call and help the agent solve the problem. Also when a customer is getting upset they can interfere before the churn happens. Most importantly it makes the caller feel that he is taken care of by the whole team, not just a particular agent. Customers feel that they are getting a high level of support.
If the callers come up with a question regarding the new product, promotional event or an unknown issue which the agent is not able to answer, managers and supervisors can drop in the call and help the agent out. This will make sure that the entire team is on the same page and delivering consistent messages.
Call barging software can be used in 3 ways
- Transfer calls to a team member extension.
- If a caller mistakenly calls to a different department, use the call transfer feature and redirect the caller to the right person.
- Transfer phone calls to an appropriate Voicemail box.
After transferring a call you have three choices
- If there is a high priority call for the agent who is currently busy on another call, the admin can barge in and inform the user about the high priority call.
- Supervisors and managers can secretly listen to the agent’s calls with customers and others to make sure that high-quality service is delivered by the sales team. He can also barge in the calls when necessary and rescue the agent in case of any difficulty.
- A trainer can monitor how team members are performing during a live call. Accordingly, he can coach them either by whispering during the call or by advising them after the call is finished.
What Are The Benefits of Call Barging?
It allows contact center managers to listen to live calls without the caller or call center agent knowing. It allows you to enter a live call stream and interact with both the agent and the caller. Since live call barging lets you discreetly listen to live calls without agent and customer knowledge, it is helpful for contact centers for a variety of reasons, such as:
1. Training New Agents
With a side barge in call center, make new agents understand how to take calls and resolve customers’ queries. This helps recruits understand how they need to behave during a call and what protocols need to be followed. Moreover, once agents start taking live calls, managers can barge in to calls live to check whether the agents are on the right track or need assistance. Then, if needed, they can work with the agent to resolve the caller’s queries better.
2. Evaluating Agent Performance
It is crucial for any call center to understand how your agents are doing and how they respond to callers. Barge in call center is hugely beneficial in evaluating agents’ performance and helping them improve themselves. This is especially true for distributed or remote teams where physical monitoring is difficult.
3. Improving Customer Experience
Call barging is a great way to understand consumer preferences and tastes. By listening to live calls, contact center managers can get a first-hand understanding of what their consumers like and dislike about their product, where agents are lagging, and how a particular script sounds to customers. This helps them modify their scripts, approach, products, and offers accordingly, improving brand loyalty and leading to higher customer satisfaction rates.
4. Reducing Escalations
By offering real-time assistance via call barging, contact centers can significantly reduce the number of escalations made by customers. Customers can also save time and get expert aid by speaking to managers directly, increasing their faith in the brand.
Everything about CallHippo Call Barging Feature
What are The Features of a Call Barging software
Deliver your daily calling commitments like a pro with CallHippo’s super-efficient Power Dialer function.
Choose from multiple telephony providers before placing a call. You can now safely bid adieu to all your call connectivity issues.
Global Connect helps you know the right time to call your international clients.
Each user can choose to have calls forwarded to several phones, to remain reachable even on the go.
The Call Transfer feature allows you to redirect a connected call from your phone number to a team member.
It’s a feature that will enable you to add a third person to your two-way call and turn it into a 3-way conference.
Receive voicemails by email in your inbox. Play them directly from your email.
Track your phone support performance. Measure the percentage of missed calls, call load of each teammate, etc.
On Hold Music from CallHippo is a great way to keep your callers happy and engaged while on hold or upload your own custom music.
How Can Call Barging Improve Key Performance Indicators?
Technological tools such as call monitoring and barging can play a vital role in determining agent performance. It enables managers to ‘listen’ to real-time conversations and helps in training call center agents.
Call centers need to leverage call barging functionality to provide agents with timely assistance. Here are five ways that call barging can optimize performance and increase business revenues:
1. Measure Agent KPIs
If you are not measuring your agent KPIs (key performance indicators), you are losing out! As a manager, you need to monitor performance to identify red flags and correct issues before they escalate. Analytics and detailed reporting are the foundation to measure call agent performance.
Call barging can help managers listen to live calls and also access recorded calls to measure vital metrics. They can monitor important metrics such as first call resolution rate, customer satisfaction ratings, average handle time, and call duration. This meaningful data gives insights into agent performance and helps to provide a superior call experience to customers.
2. Increase First Call Resolution
First call resolution is a crucial call center metric that needs to be tracked! Customers do not want to be transferred repeatedly to different departments. They want quality service without any delay or confusion.
Call barging can help in reducing escalated calls. When an agent knows that a supervisor can monitor a call, they go all out to resolve the issue at the first attempt. If any problem arises, managers can steer the conversation on the right track and provide instant guidance and technical assistance. Call recordings can also help managers analyze common customer problems to provide faster support and resolve issues at the first contact touch point.
3. Manage Remote Teams
Remote work is the new normal! With sales agents and support team members scattered in various geographical locations, organizations need to use innovative features such as call barging for better management. You do not need to work from a physical contact center; instead, you can drop in on live calls anytime to assess how your agents perform.
With remote work conditions, it becomes even more challenging to monitor and supervise your team’s approach to providing customer service. With call barging, you can develop a hands-on approach to quality assurance and improve intra-team collaboration.
4. Provide Real-Time Training
Training is a critical differentiator that can enhance skill sets and help your agents perform to the best of their abilities! Call barging is a smart technique that can allow your agents to observe how you handle clients and converse with them effectively to develop long-term relationships.
A robust contact center training tool, call barging can help you provide constructive suggestions to agents and boost their confidence in handle difficult calls. Real-time monitoring enables agents to improve their average call handle time and display behaviors aligned with customer expectations, thereby enhancing the overall call experience!
5. Better Service To VIP Clients
Organizations need to take extraordinary measures to retain their loyal VIP clients. You cannot afford to provide poor service to important callers as they may switch to business rivals. Call barging can help you provide stellar service to VIP customers by having managers step in live calls and ensure they are given timely support for any issues.
With call barging, agents will no longer find it difficult to impress and meet the expectations of important high-paying customers. It optimizes quality assurance and ensures that you retain your audience base!
If your agents are not performing well, your call center will surely experience a dip in profits. Invest in tools such as call barging to increase first call resolution and avert problems in customer service. Lead your team effectively and witness an exponential increase in all vital bottom-line parameters!
Top 3 Call Monitoring Software
CallHippo is one of the best VoIP service providers with robust call monitoring features. Whether you want to monitor calls in real time or barge into a live call, CallHippo allows you to do it all. This can help you improve your agent’s performance while enhancing the customer experience.
Features of CallHippo
- Live call monitoring
- Call whispering
- Call barging
- Call recording
- Skill-based call routing
- Feedback for calls
- Intelligent reports and analytics
- Automatic machine detection
- Proactive customer support
- In-depth analytics to help you understand your customers
- Helps avoid FDCPA violations and the use of abusive language from either party
- Offers better value for money than other call monitoring systems on this list
- The mobile app needs to be more robust
- The user interface could be improved
- Sometimes connections during calls get lagged
- Setting up voicemail is quite difficult
CallHippo has four plans.
- Basic: $0 per month
- Bronze: $16 per user per month
- Silver: $24 per user per month
- Platinum: $40 per user per month
TalkDesk is another leading call monitoring software that empowers you to deliver a better customer experience. It allows you to monitor and check the quality of calls of all your support agents. Managers can see the ongoing calls from their “Live Calls” dashboard and barge in on them if required.
Features of TalkDesk
- Voice engagement
- Studio and routing
- Real-time dashboards
- Knowledge management
- Business intelligence
- Virtual agent
- AI trainer
- Quality management
- Screen recording
- Customer experience analytics
- Robust AI features like agent assistance and virtual agent
- Even the basic plan comes with comprehensive voice capabilities
- Supports a wide range of third-party integrations
- Provides agents with step-by-step guidance via Smart Scripts
- The mobile app is only available on premium plans.
- AI-powered features are way too advanced for small and mid-range businesses.
- It is more expensive than other call monitoring software on this list.
- Customers report call drops, and quality issues are quite common.
TalkDesk has four plans.
- CX Cloud Essentials: $75 per user per month
- CX Cloud Elevate: $95 per user per month
- CX Cloud Elite: $125 per user per month
- Experience Clouds: Quote on request
3. Zoho Desk
Zoho Desk is a powerful phone system that comes with call monitoring capabilities. It has extensive ticket management features that are perfect for businesses receiving a high volume of daily queries. The dashboard provides a comprehensive view of agent activity, including response rates, ticket traffic, and customer sentiments.
Features of Zoho Desk
- Agent collision detection
- Contextual AI
- Response editor
- Omnichannel communication management
- Sentiment analysis
- Embeddable self-service
- Work modes
- Custom workflows
Zoho Desk Pros
- Integrates seamlessly with other Zoho products
- Affordable per-user pricing
- Comes with a 15-day free trial to test the product
- Robust analytics and reporting
Zoho Desk Cons
- Complex to set up and customize
- Does not have a desktop application
- Has a high learning curve
- Lack of customization options in the lower subscription tiers
Zoho Desk Pricing
Zoho Desk has three plans.
- Express: $7 per user per month
- Standard: $12 per user per month
- Professional: $20 per user per month
Enterprise: $35 per user per month
Frequently Asked Question of Call Barging
What is meant by call barging?
Why use call barging?
Call barging can bring your organization many benefits that include:
- Empowers managers to increase customer satisfaction through speedy resolution.
- Helps in training new agents.
- Increases quality assurance for call centers.