One tool for all your business communication needs!Best For : SMBs, large enterprises, remote teams, sales agents, and customer support reps.
- Multi-level IVR
- Advanced call monitoring and handling
- Access to Salesforce, Zendesk, and 300+ apps
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- AI meeting insights and live transcription
Other Users Choose
- Click to dial
- Smart Switch
- Global Connect
- Reports & Analytics
What is RingCentral: An Overview
RingCentral is a cloud-based business communications platform that provides unified communications as a service (UCaaS). It offers a complete suite of tools and features that enable modern, mobile workforces to communicate and collaborate effectively from any location.
At its core, RingCentral delivers robust voice, video, messaging, and conferencing capabilities accessed through an easy-to-use interface. Users can make and receive calls, host HD video meetings, send team messages, conduct webinars, and use internet-connected devices. The platform seamlessly integrates these tools with popular business apps like G Suite, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office.
RingCentral resolves the challenges of managing on-premises PBX phone infrastructure. As a cloud service, it provides enterprises with carrier-grade reliability, security, and global scalability. Businesses can flexibly scale services as needs evolve. Additionally, RingCentral centralizes management and reduces costs by eliminating hardware investments and lowering IT overhead.
RingCentral Pros and Cons
- RingCentral makes setting up ad-hoc and scheduled video conferences easy. Users can easily view who's connected and leverage good video quality and screen sharing.
- The system delivers modern communication capabilities through an intuitive interface, including texting, video conferencing, and mute options.
- The video conferencing and calling features empower teams to collaborate remotely across dispersed locations.
- The system provides high-quality, reliable audio and video calls even on mobile devices.
- Multiple users actively highlighted the extensive features RingCentral offers at a fair and competitive price.
- Users said the implementation process smoothly and effectively meets business goals thanks to the attentive integration team.
- By consolidating tools into a single pane, RingCentral actively streamlines communication and collaboration.
- Some users reported that customer service and issue resolution declined after they completed the sales and implementation process.
- Multiple departments had to be contacted to address issues like texting activation, indicating that users faced inconvenient support experiences.
- The provider's strict contract policies and high early termination fees reduced perceived flexibility.
- Some users noticed that call quality and reliability gradually declined over time with the system.
- RingCentral users mentioned that they imposed unauthorized account charges without proactively notifying or explaining them to users.
- Latency in the messaging system reportedly resulted in RingCentral causing users to miss messages and lose customer opportunities.
- Customers looking to reduce lines found the auto-renewal policy inflexible and unaccommodating.
RingCentral offers multiple products: Business Communications, Contact Center, Video Solutions, and Conversation Intelligence, all designed to meet different business needs. However, we’ll focus on Business Communications, which has three plans. These plans come with a 14-day free trial, allowing you to try the system before investing.
- A. Core – $20 per user/month (Billed annually):- This plan is ideal for small and medium companies that don’t need advanced features. It comes with unlimited domestic calling (within the US and Canada), SMS & MMS, IVR, and analytics for IT administrators. You also get voicemail transcriptions, AI-noise cancellation, remote desktop control, and 24/7 support.
- B. Advanced – $25 per user/month (Billed annually):- This plan is ideal for high-growth companies that make more calls every day. It has 1000 toll-free minutes, advanced call routing rules, call barge/monitor/whisper, unlimited internet fax, and multi-site admin & management features. You also get business analytics essentials, archiver app integration for cloud storage back-up, and industry-specific integrations.
- C. Ultra – $35 per user/month (Billed annually):- The top-tier plan comes with all the features of Core and Advanced plus some more. You get 10,000 toll-free minutes, up to 200 video participants (compared to 100 in other plans), and unlimited storage for files, messages, and recordings.
You can also purchase add-ons as your business grows. Most add-ons are decently priced. For example, additional vanity numbers cost $30 (one-time fee), the RingCentral Room Connector license costs $49 per month per concurrent endpoint, and RingCentral Webinar costs $40 per host per month.
- 1 User
- SMS and MMS
- Google, Microsoft apps, and access to APIs
- Single sign-on
- Analytics for IT administrators
- 1 User
- Everything in Core PLUS
- Auto call recording
- Advanced call monitoring and handling
- Multi-site management
- Internet fax
- 1 User
- Everything in Advanced PLUS
- Customizable business insights
- Unlimited file-sharing
- Unlimited storage for files and recordings
- Enhanced business analytic suite
Although RingCentral has affordable plans for businesses of all sizes, it is not as cost-effective as CallHippo, which offers the basic plan at $0. The table below compares the plans and pricing of RingCentral vs. CallHippo.
1. Seamless Calling for Smooth Communications
With IVR, call routing, screening, forwarding, and recording, RingCentral provides continuous, uninterrupted calling capabilities to ensure conversations flow smoothly. Employees can focus on the discussion rather than the technology for a stress-free calling experience.
2. Visual Voicemail for Email-Like Message Management
Access and manage voicemails like emails for fast, efficient communication. Listen, reply, forward, and delete with a few clicks. No more dialing in and sitting through prompts. Visual voicemail enables quick access to messages so employees stay productive.
3. Real-Time Call Monitoring for Proactive Support
Managers can listen in on calls with customers in real time. This allows them to guide employees on the spot and ensure excellent service. They can also whisper or barge in to ensure the customer gets the right solution for their queries.
4. Hot Desking for Workspace Flexibility
Employees aren’t chained to just one desk. With hot desking, users can log into any available phone on the premises and have full access to their extension, voicemail, and settings. The workspace is more dynamic with hot desking.
5. Unified Team Collaboration in One Platform
Streamline collaboration with messaging, file sharing, task management, and more unified in RingCentral. Say goodbye to email threads and searching inboxes. Teamwork is efficient and hassle-free, with tools in one spot.
6. Powerful Analytics for Data-Driven Decisions
Make smart, data-driven decisions with pre-built and custom reports on call quality, operations, and customer satisfaction. Pinpoint issues and optimize performance. These insights from analytics lead to concrete improvements.
7. Integrations for Efficient Workflows
Popular business apps integrate seamlessly with RingCentral to unite CRM, project management, support, and other tools for smooth workflows. These integrations help break down silos between programs and increase agent productivity.
8. Multi-Site Management for Tailored Solutions
RingCentral makes managing multiple sites from one dashboard effortless. It allows you to set up independent account configurations for individual offices, giving you complete flexibility and control over your operations. Branch offices can also set individualized outbound caller ID names and custom call handling rules (based on time zone, company hours, language preferences, and more).
Frequently Asked Questions
RingCentral works well for SMBs, enterprises, remote teams, and sales and customer support agents who need a unified communication and collaboration platform.
RingCentral offers integrations with popular apps like Salesforce, Zendesk, Office 365, G Suite, Slack, and more to improve workflows and efficiency.
Yes, RingCentral provides an intuitive, user-friendly interface across desktop and mobile apps. Moreover, it offers 24/7 support to address issues instantly.
RingCentral leverages the cloud to deliver reliable 99.999% uptime with carrier-grade voice quality and global scalability.
Yes, RingCentral offers robust video meeting capabilities like screen sharing, annotations, meeting notes, up to 200 participants, and more.