Senior Writer: Rohit Rajpal
As of 2020, the US ranks on the top in GDP (nominal) and second in PPP (Purchasing Power Parity). Besides, it is one of the best countries to start a business in.
If you are thinking of expanding your business to the United States, you would need a way to communicate with your customers (and they would need a method too). And, what’s a better way than a phone?
In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide to calling the United States from South Korea. Let’s get started.
How to Call the US from Korea?
Follow these steps to call the US from Korea.
Step 1: Enter the South Korea exit code, “001.”
Step 2: Enter the US country code, which is 1.
Step 3: Dial the local area code of the number you are dialing.
For your reference, here are the area codes for some of the major cities in the US.
Step 4: Dial the seven-digit phone number
Lastly, dial the seven-digit phone number of the person you are trying to reach.
So, your dialing format to the US (California) from Korea would look like this:
When to Call the US from South Korea?
It is essential to know the time zone difference between the US and Korea. South Korea is 13 hours ahead of Washington DC, US.
As of writing this article, the time in:
South Korea: 8:35 pm, Saturday
Washington DC, US: 7:35 am, Saturday
Virtual Phone System to Make International Call to the US From Korea
Though dialing a number in the United States from South Korea is simple, it is costly. Besides, people are always reluctant to pick an unknown international number. That’s the problem a virtual phone system can solve.
A virtual phone system allows you to purchase local phone numbers that customers would pick and even take your business positively. Besides, your local (US) customers can contact you without incurring international charges.
The best part about the US virtual phone numbers is that you don’t need to be physically present in the US to use local numbers. You can sit in South Korea and call your customers in the US as if you are in their city.
Establishing a local presence also makes it easier to attract customers and build rapport with them.
But that’s not it.
Reasons to Use a Virtual Phone System for Your Business.
1- Reduce Calling Expenses
Since you will be making hundreds of calls (to attract customers), you are looking at a phone bill of thousands of dollars every month without a virtual phone system.
But why spend international charges when you can pay less with local phone numbers. Calls to the United States from Korea with the CallHippo business phone system starts from as low as $0.01.
2- Improve Your Advertising ROI
If your ads have a US virtual phone number with a local area code, more people are likely to call you than if you have an international number. You can even get featured in local directories and business listings.
3- Work From Anywhere
A virtual phone system gives you the flexibility to work from anywhere in the world. Besides, you won’t have to stick to your desk to make or receive calls. For instance, with CallHippo mobile app, you can use your smartphone to manage business calls. This ensures you don’t miss an opportunity even if it comes outside your business hours (which is highly likely as the time zone in the US and Korea are different).
4- Highly Scalable
As your business in the US grows, you will need more people to handle incoming and outgoing calls. However, with a traditional phone system, you will have to purchase hardware and install telephone lines in your office.
On the other hand, a virtual phone system allows you to scale your sales and support team at little to no extra cost. All you will need to do is upgrade your premium or add a new user, which will cost you only a few dollars.
5- Advanced Features
Entering a new market is never easy. However, a virtual phone system comes with a myriad of features, such as call recording and call center analytics, that can help you understand your potential customers better.
You can then use the insights gathered using these features to better tailor your services and offerings to increase the chances of sales.
Best 5 Virtual Phone System Providers for Calling USA
Nextiva is a cloud-based UC system allowing businesses of all sizes to enhance business communication. In addition to making and receiving calls, sending texts and faxes, creating custom greetings and voicemails, & setting up forwarding, the platform allows users to make and receive calls internationally.
Nextiva can help businesses drive business results by accessing the necessary information. In addition, automation and intelligence are built-in, so you can focus on providing customer service instead.
- Custom greetings
- Live Chat
- Gamified Analytics
- Mac and Windows apps
- Easy to set up
- Comes with built-in CRM software
- Highly customizable auto-attendant
- Advanced call management
- Poor Mobile App support
- Confusing interface
- Buggy mobile apps
- Essential Plan: $23.95 per user per month
- Professional Plan: $27.95 per user per month
- Enterprise Plan: $37.95 per user per month
CallHippo’s call center solution is an affordable alternative built for international calling/texting. For example, if you’re wondering how to call Korea from the US, you can opt for a Korean virtual number and start calling Korea from the US. In addition, this solution supports shared phone numbers and SMS.
With CallHippo’s office phone system, you can streamline your calls with IVR and ring groups, but call recording and other valuable features cost extra.
You can get over 50+ country virtual phone number from CallHippo including Norway virtual phone number, El Salvador phone number, Portugal phone number
- Real-time reporting
- Smart call forwarding
- Power dialer
- Call analytics
- On-hold music
- Easy-to-use software
- Great calling features
- Excellent customer support
- Some features are difficult to set up
- Connectivity issues
- Bronze Plan: $16 per user per month
- Silver Plan: $24 per user per month
- Platinum Plan: $40 per user per month
- Enterprise Plan: $48 per user per month
3. Ooma Office Phone
Ooma Office is an easy-to-use, cloud-based business phone system. Ooma has more than 50 advanced features, including virtual receptionists, ring groups, virtual faxes, on-hold music, etc.
It is also one of the few virtual phone services offering free Mexico calls as a standard service. With the Ooma Office mobile application, businesses can offer their workers the ability to address business calls from their smartphones.
- Virtual receptionists
- On-hold music
- 24/7 customer service
- Voicemail transcription
- Video Conferencing
- Free calls after device purchase
- Great call quality
- Great call management tools
- Most features require a premium plan
- No softphone
- Minimal software integrations
- Essentials Plan: $19.95 per user per month
- Pro Plan: $24.95 per user per month
- Pro Plus Plan: $29.95 per user per month
Avoxi is a cloud-based platform that seamlessly transforms your customer experience, team productivity, and global connectivity. Interactive voice response (IVR) modules allow managers to customize the user interface and automatically direct incoming calls to specific agents. For example, you can easily enable video calling Korea from the U.S. with a Korean virtual number with Avoxi.
Avoxi is considered as one of the best UK, Singapore, and virtual phone number Estonia providers in 2023.
Businesses can create personalized accounts for employees and monitor ongoing calls using AVOXI, to assess client interactions with agents. In addition, a centralized database contains customer information, and summary notes allow users to update inquiry statuses.
- Voice services in 170+ countries
- Knowledge base (KB) and online training program
- 2-way messaging service in US and Canada
- Call Recording & Storage Services
- Comprehensive Quality Management for Calls
- Smart Call Routing Features
- Powerful Call Controls
- Exceptional Call Quality & Availability
- Intuitive User Interface
- Doesn’t provide customizable dashboards
- Bad customer service
- Hidden charges
- Launch – $0 Per User
- Contact – $19.99 Per User
- Engaged Enterprise – $39.99 Per User
Talkroute allows enterprises to manage voicemail, route, forward calls, and communicate with customers through different channels. Many features make Talkroute a dominant competitor in the communication space, including unlimited calling to Canada and the USA, no extra charges for toll-free minutes, and a user-friendly interface.
For example, this is one of the few virtual phone providers that enable video calling for up to 100 participants. Additionally, businesses can send SMS and MMS messages to their customers using virtual numbers.
- Unlimited minutes in the US & Canada (toll free included)
- Route calls to as many phones & desktops as needed
- Customize welcome, music on hold & voicemail greetings
- Auto Attendant/IVR
- Subscriptions include a toll-free/local phone number
- Supports 24-hour video meetings with up to 100 people
- Multiple customization options
- Live Call Transfer
- Lacks faxing
- Does not offer customer support via phone for the basic plan
- Only offers a 7-day free trial
- Basic -$19 / month
- Plus – $39 / month
- Pro – $59 / month
- Enterprise – Custom plan
The United States is one of the best countries to expand your business. And when you do, follow the steps mentioned above to call your prospects in the US from Korea. Also, make sure to buy a US phone number to minimize your calling expenses and boost your advertising ROI.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1 ) How Much Does It Cost to Calling The US from Korea?
You can dial the US from South Korea for as little as $0.038 with Callhippo’s US phone number. you can use a company free trial as well to call the US from Korea free.
2 ) How to Call Korea From the US?
- First, dial 011, the U.S. exit code.
- Next, dial 82, the south Korea country code.
- Then dial the area code (1 digit for Seoul, and 2 digits for all other cities)
- And finally, the phone number (6-8 digits).
More Resources on How to Call From Other Countries
- How To Call Latvia From The USA
- How To Call Peru From USA
- How To Call Chile From The USA
- How To Call New Zealand From The USA
- How To Call Brazil From USA
- How To Call Norway From The USA
- How To Call Mexico From The USA
- How To Call Italy From The USA
- How To Call The USA
- How To Call Germany From The USA
- How To Call El Salvador From USA
- How To Call Bulgaria From USA
- How To Call Philippines
- How To Call UK From USA
- How To Call Singapore From USA
- How To Call Canada From USA
- How To Call South Africa From USA
- How To Call Australia From USA
- How To Call Colombia From The US?
- 4 Steps on How to Call Turkey from the US
- How to Call Europe from the US?
- How to Call Malaysia from Singapore
- How to Call Iceland from the US?