Senior Writer: Paras Kela
Dialing to Mexico from the US via regular phone lines can be a costly affair, especially if you are a business calling hundreds of customers every day.
This is why you require advanced telephony technologies such as a VoIP phone system or a virtual phone system. We’ll get into this later in the blog, but first, let’s take a quick look at how to call Mexico from the US.
How To Dial Mexico From The US To Make International Calls?
Making business calls or getting in touch with your customers in Mexico from the US is a quick and simple four-step process, as outlined below:
Step 1: Dial the exit code of USA– 011.
Step 2: Type in Mexico’s international dialing code (IDC) – 52.
Step 3: Enter the area code, for example, 81 for Monterrey or 55/56 for Mexico City.
Step 4: Type in the eight-digit phone number 1234 5678.
However, keep in mind that you can also enter the “+” sign instead of exit code 011. Both of these serve the same purpose.
After entering all of the numbers and signs listed above, the Mexico phone number format will look like this: 011 52 81 1234 5678, where digits before the telephone number are called the trunk code. Trunk codes are necessary when calling internationally.
Let’s take a closer look at this process.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Call Mexico from the US
Calling Mexico phone number from the US is a simple job. All you have to do is use specific area codes and country codes and follow the exact phone number patterns. Following are the three major ways to call Mexico from the US.
1. Calling Mexico From The US Using Landlines
If you are calling a Mexican landline within the same geographical region –
- Dial the two or three-digit area code and then the seven or eight-digit local number.
Calling a Mexican landline phone line from a different Mexico landline-based out in another area –
- Enter the area code followed by the phone number
Dialing a Mexican landline from the Mexican mobile phone –
- Dial the area code and the number directly from your Mexican mobile phone.
Calling a Mexican cell phone from a Mexican landline –
- Dial the cell phone number without using the area code. Also, do not use any 044 or 045 prefixes.
2. Calling Mexico From The US Using Cell Phones
Calling Mexican cell phone carrier to another cell phone while in Mexico –
- Just dial [insert other cell phone number here], and the area code
- No need to include 045 and 045 in the code
Calling a Mexican cell phone from a foreign country –
- To make a business call to Mexico phone number, dial the Mexican country code, followed by the area code and the number.
- Please omit the ‘1? after the +52, as it was deemed necessary before the 3rd of August, 2019
Calling any number from a Mexican phone while traveling outside of Mexico –
- Dial Mexico’s international code +52, followed by the local code, followed by the phone number.
Calling from your non-Mexican cell phone –
- Dial the “+” followed by the country code, area code, and number (for Mexico, the country code is 52, and for the US and Canada, this is 1).
- Ignore 00, 044, 045
The cost of phone calls to Mexico from European phones is exceptionally high, while calls to the United States or Canada will depend upon the calling plan. If you follow these guidelines, you can call a Mexico phone number without any problems.
It is essential to confirm that your phone can make international phone calls because it will not connect if it cannot.
You can also get business phone numbers and leverage their low-cost value along with other features to market your business.
3. Calling A Mexican Cell Phone Number From The US
If you would like to use your cell phone to call a landline in Mexico, there are several methods of doing so.
- Enter the code: Dial 011 on your phone to make an international call
- Enter the Mexican country code, i.e., 52
- Remove the trunk code
After you dial 1, remove the trunk code, which was 044 or 045 in your case. This is to be used when calling individuals in Mexico from other places.
- Enter area code: Enter the associated area code for the place you want to call.
- Finish by entering the phone number: Type in the remaining digits of the number, and then press the call button.
So this is how you call Mexico phone number from the US. However, as previously stated, if your company makes hundreds of calls to Mexico from the US for customer service, marketing, or branding, regular phone lines will be too expensive and not a viable option.
Nevertheless, you can certainly address this issue by investing in advanced telephony systems like CallHippo.
Let’s examine why CallHippo is the best VoIP phone system for making international calls to Mexico from the US.
You May Also Read : Mexico Phone Number Example With Calling Codes
Why Choose CallHippo To Dial Mexico From The US?
CallHippo is a well-designed, feature-rich, and user-friendly enterprise phone system that enables companies to make calls, send text messages, and establish a structured communication channel with their international customers.
CallHippo distinguishes itself from other VoIP service providers by offering the following features:
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD)
- Power dialer
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Call Monitoring
- Unlimited calling
- Advanced Analytics
All of these features work together to make CallHippo an ideal phone system for making international calls to Mexico from the US.
How to Call Mexico from the US using CallHippo?
Below are the steps about how to dial into Mexico using the CallHippo.
Step 1: Sign up with CallHippo.
Step 2: Log in with the username and password, and this will take you to the dashboard.
Step 3: Click ‘Add Number,’ then choose Mexico as the country. Following that, you can filter the numbers according to your preferences and select a number from the number pool.
Step 4: Choose any international calling plan and make the payment.
Step 5: Once you’ve established a centralized virtual phone number for your business, you’ll need to add the rest of your team members.
Step 6: Following that, you must also link your personal number to the virtual number.
That’s all! You are all set to make international calls to Mexico from the US! However, note that the users who will be responding to the calls must be entered into the system.
Let’s turn the table.
Suppose you want to make an international call to the US from Mexico. What steps you will take, or which codes/numbers you will enter.
Well, the process of calling the US from Mexico is very similar to calling Mexico from the US. All you have to do is enter the Mexican exit code, followed by the USA international dialing code, the US area code, and the phone number.
Let us learn this step by step.
How To Call the US From Mexico?
Step 1: Dial the exit code of Mexico– 00.
Step 2: Type in USA’s international dialing code (IDC) – 1.
Step 3: Enter the three-digit area code, for example, 212 for New York or 210 for Texas.
Step 4: Type in the seven-digit phone number 1234 567.
However, as previously stated, keep in mind that you can also enter the “+” sign instead of the international access code (IAC)– 001. Both of these serve the same purpose.
After entering all of the numbers and signs listed above, the international dialing format for the USA phone number will look like this: 001 (212) 1234 567, where the parentheses indicate the area code and the digits before the phone number are referred to as the trunk code.
This brings us to the end of this blog. We hope this article has helped you understand how to make international calls to Mexico from the US and vice versa. You may also comprehend why CallHippo is the best virtual phone number provider and what extraordinary benefits you will enjoy by investing in this solution.
Conclusion: Making calls to Mexico from the United States is not as complicated as one might think. All you need to remember is the Mexican phone number format. Enter the US exit code first, then the Mexico entry code, followed by the area code and phone number/mobile number. However, remember that if you make hundreds of calls to Mexico from the United States daily, you must consider investing in a VoIP phone system.
Unfamiliar with this innovative enterprise telephony technology? Or unsure about which one to invest in? Schedule a demo with our sales executive right away.
Here are the area code of Mexico defined by Location.
|Cabo San Lucas
|Cd. Lazaro. Cardenas
|Ixtapan de la Sal
|San Luis Potosi
|Valle de Bravo
Summary: Mexico was the second-largest trading partner of the United States in 2019, with $614.5 billion in bilateral trade. This statistic implies that the trade industries of Mexico and the United States share a healthy bond. This also means that enterprises in these countries are always on the lookout for advanced telephony systems that help them establish a reliable communication channel with their customers living across the border. This blog will familiarize you with how to call Mexico from the US and vice versa.
More Resources on How to Call From Other Countries
- How To Call Latvia From The USA
- How To Call Peru From USA
- How To Call Chile From The USA
- How To Call New Zealand From The USA
- How To Call Brazil From USA
- How To Call Norway From The USA
- How To Call Italy From The USA
- How To Call The USA
- How To Call Germany From The USA
- How To Call Switzerland From USA
- How To Call El Salvador From USA
- How To Call Bulgaria From USA
- How To Call Philippines
- How To Call UK From USA
- How To Call USA From South Korea
- How To Call Singapore From USA
- How To Call Canada From USA
- How To Call South Africa From USA
- How To Call Australia From USA
- How To Call Ireland From UK?
- How To Call Aruba From The US?
- How To Call Ireland From the USA?
- How to Call France from Canada?
- How to Call China from US?
- How to Call Dubai from USA?
- How to Call Iceland from the US?