Senior Writer: Paras Kela
If you are wondering– how to call Switzerland from the USA– you have come to the right place! In this beginner’s guide, we will walk you through the process of calling Swiss mobile and landline numbers, including the dialing format and dialing codes.
To make things even easier, we will introduce you to the top 5 Swiss virtual phone number providers to help you find the best option for your needs. So, whether you are trying to contact friends, family, or business associates in Switzerland, this guide will help you make successful international calls from the United States.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Requirements for Calling Switzerland From the USA
Calling Switzerland from the US can be a bit of a confusing task if you are not familiar with the dialing procedure. But it turns pretty simple once you have the necessary understanding of the three things: Dialing codes, dialing format, and the best time to call Switzerland.
A. The international dialing format to call Switzerland
The international dialing format to make an international call to Switzerland is –
[Exit code of your country] + [Switzerland international code] + area code + local phone number (for landline number).
For mobile numbers, the dialing format is a bit different, as shown below:
[Exit code of your country] + [Switzerland country code] + cell phone number.
B. Necessary codes to dial Switzerland from the US
To make calls to Switzerland from the US, you will need to remember three codes: A. The country code for Switzerland– 41, B. The exit code for the US– 011, and C. Area codes. All these three codes are crucial for making a successful call. Add these codes to the dialing format mentioned above, along with the recipient’s phone number.
Here are some of the most common Switzerland area codes:
|Switzerland Area Codes
C. Best time to call Switzerland from the USA
If you want to ensure that your call is answered by the person– either the customer or the prospect, you want to speak with, call between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST. Yes, this is the time when most people would be available to take your call.
Also, consider any time differences between regions in Switzerland, as some areas may have different times due to daylight saving time. Finally, it may be helpful to do some basic research and check the current time in the specific city or region you are trying to reach in Switzerland.
Now let’s take a closer look at the process of dialing Switzerland from the US. We will cover both the process– for landline numbers as well as for mobile phones.
How to Call Switzerland from the USA? [To Landline Numbers]
To call a Switzerland landline number from the US, follow the steps below.
Step 1: First, dial the exit code for the USA– 011.
Step 2: Next, dial the international code for Switzerland– 41.
Step 3: Dial the Switzerland area code for the relevant city/region without the 0. For example, if you are trying to reach a person in Geneva, use area code 22.
Step 4: At last, dial the local phone number.
In a nutshell, if you want to call a landline phone number in Geneva (Switzerland), the international dialing format would be 011 + 41 + 22 + 1234567.
Now, let’s look at the steps to call Swiss cell phones from the US to find out how the process differs from dialing a Switzerland landline number.
How to Call Switzerland from the USA? [To Cell Phone Numbers]
To make an international call to Switzerland mobile phone numbers from the US, follow the steps outlined below.
Step 1: First, dial the exit code for the US – 011.
Step 2: Next, dial Switzerland’s country code – 41.
Step 3: Dial the Switzerland cell phone number, excluding the first 0: 7 (8-digit mobile phone number).
Overall, the final format would look like – 011 + 41 + 7 (8-digits long mobile number).
(Remember that when calling Switzerland cell phone numbers, there is no need to include the area code.)
It is worth keeping in mind that international calling can be expensive, especially when you are making hundreds of calls every day. So we suggest you use an internet-based calling service such as CallHippo, which provides a local number for Switzerland and allows you to make international calls to Switzerland from the U.S at significantly lower rates.
When To Call Switzerland From The US?
The time zone followed in Switzerland is CET, and there are 6 time zones in the US, but the most common time zone in the US is EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). So, to call Switzerland from the US, you’ll need to consider the time difference and call during effective working hours. Here Daylight Time (DT) is considered as in the US daylight time is observed from March – November, and post November again, the Standard time is followed. Let’s look at the difference between CET and time zones in the US.
|Switzerland Time Zone
|United States Time Zone
|CET is 6 hours ahead of EDT
|If the time in the US is 12:00 PM, then in Switzerland, the time will be 6:00 PM.
|CET is 7 hours ahead of CDT
|If the time in the US is 12:00 PM, then in Switzerland, the time will be 7:00 PM.
|CET is 8 hours ahead of MDT
|If the time in the US is 12:00 PM, then in Switzerland, the time will be 8:00 PM.
|CET is 9 hours ahead of PDT
|If the time in the US is 12:00 PM, then in Switzerland, the time will be 9:00 PM.
|CET is 10 hours ahead of AKDT
|If the time in the US is 12:00 PM, then in Switzerland, the time will be 10:00 PM.
|CET is 11 hours ahead of HADT
|If the time in the US is 12:00 PM, then in Switzerland, the time will be 11:00 PM.
With the above-mentioned details, you can easily figure out when to call Switzerland from US in effective hours to get the best results and reach the targeted audience. Considering the time difference is essential during international calling and this makes calling Switzerland easier. So depending on the time zone your business is situated in, you’ll have to calculate the time and then make calls.
Top 5 Virtual Number Providers for Calling Switzerland
So now that you know how to call the Swiss number from the US, let’s take a look at the top 5 Switzerland virtual number providers, their features, pricing, pros and cons, and other factors.
Every list of the top international telephone carriers would be incomplete without the mention of Nextiva.
Nextiva is a leading business communication and collaboration software that is best for calling Switzerland from the USA. Some of the elements that distinguish Nextiva from other providers are its innovative features, unlimited calling, texting, and faxing in the US and Canada, and exceptional service 24/7.
Besides, this VoIP provider guarantees 99.99% uptime, ensuring that your business never misses a beat. Further, various pricing options and extensive customization make the system appropriate for all shapes and sizes of industries, including small, medium, and large.
Key Features of Nextiva:
- Free international phone number
- Advanced call management
- VoIP switchboard
- Auto attendant
- Three-way calling
- Push to talk
- Simple and user-friendly interface (UI)
- The product is packed with features, making it ideal for complex business scenarios
- Simple onboarding makes it easy to get started
- Buggy and poorly designed mobile applications
- Higher costs – not suitable for small businesses or startups
Nextiva Pricing & Plans: Nextiva offers a variety of pricing packages based on the number of users, subscription period (monthly or yearly), and plan type.
- Essential Plan: $30.95/user/month
- Professional Plan: $35.95/user/month
- Enterprise Plan: $45.95/user/month
All these prices are for a monthly subscription for up to four users. However, the package cost goes down as the number of users increases or you subscribe to a yearly plan.
The next best provider on the list for calling Switzerland from the USA is – CallHippo. With a focus on streamlining, automating, and simplifying business communication, this leading VoIP provider significantly empowers businesses in strengthening their relationships with clients.
Besides, CallHippo also allows you to personalize your virtual numbers by choosing your preferred area code, country code, and number type. Also, its worldwide presence enables you to call anywhere in the world at affordable calling rates.
To sum up, CallHippo is the perfect answer to– how to call Switzerland from the USA.
Key Features of CallHippo:
- Smart call forwarding
- Predictive Dialer
- Smart Switch
- Automatic call distribution (ACD)
- Call reports and analytics
- A 10-day free trial and a tiered pricing structure
- Simple learning curve
- Best-in-class support and live product demos
- Complimentary product training
- The mobile app is missing a few essential call management features
- Sometimes incurs minor quality problems such as crackling
CallHippo Pricing & Plans: CallHippo provides four business phone system plans, as follows:
- Basic Plan: $0/User/Month (Ideal for startups)
- Bronze Plan: $16/User/Month (Ideal for small businesses)
- Silver Plan: $24/User/Month (Ideal for SMB sales & support marketing teams)
- Platinum Plan: $40/User/Month (Ideal for enterprises)
Dialpad is regarded as one of the most advanced AI-powered contact center solutions that is ideal for calling Switzerland from the USA using virtual phone numbers.
This meticulously designed platform assists you in building better customer relationships and improving agent workflows through AI transcriptions.
Besides that, its innovative features and improved portability enable you to track customer conversations and connect with them with a single click.
Moreover, its WEM capabilities assist in quality management, forecasting, agent scheduling, and behavioral compliance.
Key Features of Dialpad:
- AI-assisted features
- Flexible call forwarding
- Custom call routing
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Split cloud architecture
- Data-driven Reports and Analytics
- Enterprise-grade security
- Built-in artificial intelligence-powered functionalities
- A high degree of customization
- The system setup process is a bit confusing
- Poor call quality, as well as crackling and choppy audio
Dialpad Pricing Plans: Like most other best business phone service providers, Dialpad offers three monthly and annual subscription plans.
- Standard Plan: $23/User/Month
- Pro Plan: $35/User/Month
- Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing
These are the monthly subscription charges. However, you will get discounted prices if you choose a yearly subscription.
OpenPhone ranks as the fourth-best virtual phone number provider on our list for calling Switzerland from the USA for all the right reasons.
This cloud-based phone system, designed for modern business, provides users with unified business communication support by integrating calls, texts, and contacts into a single platform.
The app has a rich user experience (UI) that seamlessly transitions from one screen to the next. Furthermore, you can integrate almost all the popular CRM and apps with OpenPhone to improve your results even further.
Key Features of OpenPhone:
- Advanced IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
- Local US, Canadian, and toll-free numbers
- Call recording & call forwarding
- Voicemail transcriptions
- Round-robin call distribution
- Integration with 3000+ applications via Zapier
- Constant platform improvement through the addition of new features
- Easy learning curve – ideal for first-time users
- Random bugs that occasionally halt operations
- Outgoing calls cannot be transferred
OpenPhone Pricing Plans: OpenPhone has three monthly and annual subscription packages.
- Standard Plan: $13/User/Month
- Premium Plan: $25/User/Month
- Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing
These are the monthly subscription fees. However, you will get a discount if you choose a yearly subscription.
RingCentral is a world-renowned cloud phone system that has significantly transformed how call centers operate. With a major presence in nearly 110 countries, the app is the best solution for calling Switzerland from the USA.
Along with a range of cutting-edge features and capabilities, the solution enables you to integrate more than 300 native apps, enhancing your call center operations even more
Additionally, the platform has a 99.99% uptime guarantee and is secured by seven layers of security.
Key Features of RingCentral:
- Local, vanity, and toll-free numbers
- Call recording and call forwarding
- Multi-level IVR
- Call monitoring & call routing
- Audio & video conferencing
- Able to manage complex business scenarios
- Software support is available for multiple devices
- 300+ integrations, and add-ons
- The mobile version needs to be optimized
- Prices are a bit higher for small businesses and startups
RingCentral Pricing Plans: The RingCentral business phone service provider offers four pricing plans, as listed below:
- Essential Plan: $29.99/User/Month
- Standard Plan: $37.99/User/Month
- Premium Plan: $44.99/User/Month
- Ultimate Plan: $59.99/User/Month
Note that these prices are for monthly subscriptions. However, if you purchase a yearly subscription, you will receive a 25-30% discount.
Conclusion: Calling Switzerland from the US is simple if you remember three key factors listed in the blog: dialing format, dialing codes, and the best time to call Switzerland. Furthermore, always choose the best Switzerland VoIP number provider, such as CallHippo, that offers quality features, on-time customer support, a reliable system, and affordable plans.
How to call Switzerland from the USA for free?
To call Switzerland from the US for free, you can use internet-based voice-over IP (VoIP) services such as CallHippo.
What is the Switzerland country code?
The country code for Switzerland is 41.
How to call Geneva from the US?
To call Geneva from the USA, follow the steps outlined below:
Step 1: First, dial the exit code for the US– 011.
Step 2: Dial the country code for Switzerland– 41.
Step 3: Next, dial the area code for Geneva– 22.
Step 4: Dial the Switzerland landline phone number.
However, to call a Switzerland mobile number, do not dial the area code. Rather, follow this format: [US exit code] + [Switzerland country code] + 7 (8-digit mobile number).
More Resources on How to Call From Other Countries
- How To Call Latvia From The USA
- How To Call Peru From USA
- How To Call Chile From The USA
- How To Call New Zealand From The USA
- How To Call Brazil From USA
- How To Call Norway From The USA
- How To Call Mexico From The USA
- How To Call Italy From The USA
- How To Call The USA
- How To Call Germany From The USA
- How To Call El Salvador From USA
- How To Call Bulgaria From USA
- How To Call Philippines
- How To Call UK From USA
- How To Call USA From South Korea
- How To Call Singapore From USA
- How To Call Canada From USA
- How To Call South Africa From USA
- How To Call Australia From USA
- How to Call Japan From the US
- How To Call Ireland From UK?
- How To Call Ireland From the USA?
- How to Call Europe from the US?
- How to Call Dubai from USA?
- How to Call Iceland from the US?