DETER ESCALATIONS & MYRIAD CALL TRANSFERS
BARGE INTO LIVE CALLS AND SPEAK WITH AGENTS & CUSTOMER WHEN REQUIRED
What is Call Barging?
Call Barging is when a supervisor who is silently monitoring the call decides to enter the conference bridge. As soon as the supervisor joins the calls it becomes a full three-way conference call where all the three parties can talk with each other.
It is a simple and standard part of the progressive cloud-based call center software. It is a feature that will help you to listen and barge into live calls regardless of the location of your agents.
When the managers and supervisors see that an agent is struggling they can barge into the call and help the agent solve the problem. Also when a customer is getting upset they can interfere before the churn happens. Most importantly it makes the caller feel that he is taken care of by the whole team, not just a particular agent. Customers feel that they are getting a high level of support.
If the callers come up with a question regarding the new product, promotional event or an unknown issue which the agent is not able to answer, managers and supervisors can drop in the call and help the agent out. This will make sure that the entire team is on the same page and delivering consistent messages.
Call Barging can be used in 3 ways:
- Transfer calls to a team member extension.
- If a caller mistakenly calls to a different department, use the call transfer feature and redirect the caller to the right person.
- Transfer phone calls to an appropriate Voicemail box.
After transferring a call you have three choices
- If there is a high priority call for the agent who is currently busy on another call, the admin can barge in and inform the user about the high priority call.
- Supervisors and managers can secretly listen to the agent’s calls with customers and others to make sure that high-quality service is delivered by the sales team. He can also barge in the calls when necessary and rescue the agent in case of any difficulty.
- A trainer can monitor how team members are performing during a live call. Accordingly, he can coach them either by whispering during the call or by advising them after the call is finished.
Benefits of Call Barging
- Enable managers, admins, and others to monitor then barge into live calls during important or emergency situations.
- You can train new agents during a phone call.
- Prevent Escalations and limitless call transfers by providing the answer on the spot.