When we talk about messaging and video chat tools, Skype is undoubtedly one of the first names that springs to your mind. The sleek interface, easy functionality, and novel features make it a popular choice in the current digitalized era. People use Skype for instant messaging, video calls, group chat, group video conferencing, and collaboration such as document, image, or file sharing.
Skype does seem to be the latest buzzword; however, it is sometimes not preferred by businesses due to a lack of corporate features. So, what are your options if you don’t want to go in for Skype?
( Source: nevillehobson )
There are tons of popular VoIP-based alternatives for Skype. The advent of virtual phone systems proliferated the telecommunications market and created a creative disruption in the international market space. Internet-based phone systems have changed the traditional business communication landscape, and investing in a virtual phone number is a necessity for lower costs – it can reduce a new venture’s calling costs by around 90% through economic pricing plans.
CallHippo Best Skype Alternative
Invest in the best Skype alternatives 2020 to witness an upsurge in all your profitability parameters. Today, the markets are flooded with many virtual phone systems, which surely makes it super easy to go in for virtual phone numbers. But one question may be lingering in your mind – how exactly does one go about choosing the top alternative to Skype?
While there are many popular VoIP-based alternatives for Skype, you need to go in for a credible vendor to grab the top alternative to Skype. The numerous Skype alternatives in 2020 are a great option for your growing small-medium enterprise or start-up. Don’t be in a hurry; take your time, scan the environment, and get only in the top alternative to Skype to accrue an instant return on investment.
The Future Of Skype
In a sudden announcement, Microsoft finally revealed that Skype would end as a business service by July 21st, 2021.
This news has shocked many corporate users who used to depend heavily on Skype for their business communication. With 300 million monthly active users, the end of Skype is going to leave a significant gap in the voice/video call market.
So, now that it’s official and Skype is no going to be around any longer here, what lies in store? Most organizations are looking for alternative Skype phone systems. However, it definitely isn’t easy to get the perfect Skype virtual number!
No one can deny the benefits of Skype – it is a free calling platform that businesses use across the world! Managers can use Skype for instant messaging, video conferencing, emails, and phone calls. It has been a tremendous corporate asset for many years. Now that it is going to end by 2021, organizations need to look for Skype alternatives.
Skype has been downloaded over 1 billion times – this reflects its immense popularity around the globe. There are very few Skype competitors in the market that provide that level of quality and service. However, virtual telephony is also an underlying communication trend that has caught up in recent years. A local phone number enables companies to establish a dominant presence in foreign markets and nurture strong relations with their target audience.
So, if your organization was hooked on Skype, do not worry. There are much better Skype for business alternatives in-store – all you need to do is jump on the VoIP technology bandwagon. Scan the market, check out credible service providers, and invest in the best VoIP phone solution for your business model. Most vendors customize specific plans that are tailor-made for companies.
Let’s dive deeper and learn about some transformational benefits of virtual phone numbers that will convince you to switch over to VoIP technology from Skype
Advantages Of A Virtual Phone System Over Skype
The VoIP phone system is here to stay in the long run, so make sure to invest in an excellent virtual phone system to gain a competitive edge. Using Skype for personal use might work, but when working in teams, a Virtual Phone System can help you increase the quality of communication with your clients.
It is time to move out of your comfort zone and know why Skype alternatives will work well for your business communication strategy. Skype virtual phone numbers are a great starting point. Read on to know why virtual phone numbers rank as intelligent Skype substitutes that ensure your team collaboration does not suffer.
Here are some advantages of investing in a virtual phone system instead of Skype:
- Global Numbers: As an organization, it is necessary to have global numbers to represent yourself as local in a particular country. For example, your customer is a U.S.A. resident; there is a high probability that he will not pick your call if he doesn’t see the +1 country code on the screen. Also, with the virtual phone numbers of the US/UK, you can represent yourself as an international organization.
Skype does provide Global numbers, but it gives service for only 24 countries. On the other hand, virtual Phone Systems provide global numbers of more than 50+ countries worldwide.
- Call Recording: Call recording plays a very important role in Quality Control. Your call recording data helps in understanding your customer’s behavior. As a result, you can make necessary changes in your product or service or your upcoming strategies. Skype does not provide this feature; on the other hand, virtual phone systems do.
Here is how call recording can help your call agents:
- Understanding your customer
- Enhanced customer satisfaction
- Stringent quality control
- Targeted sales training
- Accurate performance reviews
- Reduced corporate liability
- Advanced Call Analytics: It is essential to analyze your calls because Call Analysis gives data to design your upcoming strategies. Virtual Phone System provides complete call analysis that contains the data of inbound calls and outbound calls. It helps you get the success rate right and based on that you can make necessary changes in your work method or upcoming strategies.
- Interactive Voice Response: IVR becomes a necessary part of the calling process when you have multiple departments in your organization. For example: You have different departments like Marketing, Sales, Research, Finance, and HR. With the Virtual Phone System, you can easily transfer a call to a respective department. But with Skype, it becomes extremely difficult because Skype doesn’t provide IVR and, even live calls can not be transferred.
- Integration With CRM: One of the most significant advantages of using VoIP applications as a Skype substitute is that the platform will integrate with your CRM system seamlessly. A Skype for business alternative will enable users to access leads from one unified portal and reduce operational time. It is also a smart way to keep track of your customer database and maintain all important details that will help in delivering a personalized experience.
- Cost-Effective: Every organization needs to save money to build up substantial profits, hence it is important to look for Skype alternatives that are economical. Companies can save an average of 30% on their phone bills by adopting VoIP solutions. Service providers customize VoIP phone packages so that they fit within organizational budgets. This works well for business firms that need to make a high volume of calls every day, as they save a considerable amount in the long run.
So, just like Skype, which is free, virtual phone numbers are also highly cost-effective and will give an excellent return on investment in the long run.
- Great Customer Experience: Customer satisfaction is vital for organizations in all industries. This is the prime reason to look out for a Skype for business alternative that will provide seamless quality service to your prized customers!
( Source: smartinsights )
If you don’t serve your clients well in the current competitive era, they will inevitably move over to rivals. Internet phone numbers are sure to enhance customer satisfaction rates. They ensure that support representatives are available at all times. Hence, clients can get in touch round the clock to solve their problems or issues.
Toll-free numbers give valued customers the chance to communicate with staff members, and helps to nurture healthy relationships. Maintaining transparent and open communication channels is the key to having a delighted customer base and retaining your clients effectively.
- Easy Installation and Low Maintenance: Many people feel that switching to business phone systems will be a complicated and time-consuming affair. That is far from the truth – the most reliable service providers can set up a call center in a couple of minutes.
It is straightforward to set up a virtual phone platform, and the process requires no hardware or software. Maintenance is minimal, and since VoIP phone solutions have user-friendly navigable interfaces, all staff members can use them, and there is no requirement for training. Internet phone numbers are hassle-free, and a massive improvement over the traditional wired telephone systems.
- Professional Appearance: Most companies keep trying out new Skype phone systems to appear professional and business-like to their clients. Virtual phone numbers allow managers to play pre-recorded greeting messages for clients, and this gives a professional appearance. Skype alternatives can also wish clients on certain occasions such as birthdays, and this helps in creating stronger engagement.
Another useful aspect of VoIP phone lines is that they are highly scalable. This means that organizations can purchase additional modules at a later stage, and do not need to pay for features that they would not utilize.
Top 5 VoIP-Based Skype Alternatives
Was Skype your go-to tool for business communication? Well, its now time to take the plunge and invest in VoIP-based Skype competitors that provide a better calling experience at affordable prices.
( Source: twitgoo )
While there are tons of Skype virtual numbers or Skype phone systems available, it is important to assess your business needs, scan the market, and choose the best platform for your organization. To make the decision a bit easier, we have compiled a list of the top Skype alternatives that can elevate your communication game plan.
The clear-cut market leader in providing virtual phone numbers, CallHippo boasts of a number of immensely satisfied clients scattered all over the globe. It is definitely the top alternative to Skype as it has innovative features, cost-effective calling plans, and enhances business productivity to the highest possible level.
Whether you are running a small business or a large enterprise, CallHippo’s virtual telephone system is the best option to meet your company’s communication needs. It boasts the ability to increase the control, access, and efficiency of your business. Moreover, your company no longer requires a full-time IT team to maintain your telephony.
Why Choose CallHippo Over Skype?
- CallHippo is one of the ideal VoIP-based alternatives in the market as it has unique features such as call queuing, call barging, interactive voice response, and tons of customization features.
- CallHippo is amongst the top Skype alternatives available – it has over 2000 delighted customers from 100+ countries worldwide. There are incoming and outgoing plans for over 190 countries, with virtual phone numbers starting at just $6 for many global commercial business centers.
- One aspect that makes CallHippo the top alternative to Skype is that it caters to all kinds of organizations, right from budding new ventures to huge multinational corporations. It has office phone systems of all budgets and can personalize pricing plans or features according to specific organizational requirements.
- CallHippo has emerged as one of the excellent Skype alternatives 2020 due to its amazing personalization options, apex HD voice quality, round-the-clock customer support, and reliable brand reputation.
This is also one of the VoIP-based alternatives in the market. Viber allows users to send an instant messages, make video calls, and use conferencing facilities.
Why Choose Viber Over Skype?
- Viber provides an internet phone number for organizational business communication.
- Viber syncs data automatically while using the software from multiple devices.
- Viber has a useful discover feature that allows clients to find new communities, brands, and sites.
One of the well-established Skype alternatives 2020, Slack is a real-time messaging software that allows team members to share data, images, and integrates seamlessly with existing corporate systems.
Why Choose Slack Over Skype?
- Slack maintains a record of conversations that are archived and can be accessed for operational purposes.
- The Slack paid plan is a good choice for organizations as it has extensive features and streamlines two-way communication for company stakeholders.
- Slack has an easy-to-use interface and has enhanced continuous task-flow management through its mobile application.
- The best for team collaboration and document sharing, Slack enhances the operational efficiency of organizational teams exponentially.
RingCentral is another available solution amongst Skype alternatives in 2020 and is a good platform for online phone numbers, conferencing, and messaging.
Why Choose RingCentral Over Skype?
- RingCentral is compatible with existing organizational systems.
- RingCentral can be used through desktops, mobiles, and also phone system hardware.
- It provides VoIP phone systems for a diverse range of organizations.
4. Mitel Sky:
A suite of cloud-based phone solutions, Mitel Sky is one of the available VoIP-based alternatives for Skype. It provides web sharing, video conferencing, and calling plans for customer engagement.
Why Choose Mitel Sky Over Skype?
- Mitel Sky offers quote-based plans so you can pay only for the features that your organization requires.
- Mitel Sky has advanced VoIP features that structure business communication and facilitate team management.
- Mitel Sky has a visual dashboard and a cloud-based backup of data.
The Final Word
It is the era of virtual telephony.
While Skype is a dynamic business tool, it is essential to move with the times and invest in an intelligent business phone system. There are plenty of advanced Skype competitors that can streamline your business communication and boost productivity. You need to look out for the best Skype for business alternative to ensure you get the best deal in the market!
Virtual phone platforms are potent marketing assets and can help organizations build a reputation in overseas markets. They boost accessibility levels and ensure that support representatives provide speedy service to customers at any time of the day.
VoIP phone solutions also bring down communication expenses, and it is possible to customize them precisely according to business requirements. No doubt, getting the best Skype virtual number is a necessity as it can lead to transformational benefits.
So, plan well in advance and get the next best thing after Skype –a reliable virtual phone platform. It will be a fantastic decision for your organization and lead to a dramatic increase in all vital bottom-line results. So, march ahead, and leverage the full potential of virtual phone tools to increase efficiency and functional excellence!