Home » Comparison »
Why CallHippo Is The Best Line2 Alternative?
End your search for the best Line2 alternative. Leverage business telephony to collaborate with clients, build better relationships and close more deals with CallHippo. Invest in the best Line2 alternative and develop seamless unified communications for increased operational efficiency.
Compare Features & Pricing And Select The Best Line2 Alternative
With a plethora of business phone systems available, taking into account various factors such as features, pricing, mobility options, ease of use, and customer service becomes a necessity before choosing the final one.
Modern VoIP systems offer multi-functionality to your business operations where you can easily incorporate other communication services like instant messaging, teleconferencing, video conferencing, voicemail etc. Among the other
advantages of virtual phone number include-
- It acts as a centralised contact number that helps enterprises to manage their calls much more effectively
- Virtual number offers greater mobility to your business as it is not limited to a single place/location. Instead, it can easily be extended to various services such as call recording, tracking, IVR, and call distribution to name a few.
Among the variety of virtual phone number providers available, two of the popular ones include CallHippo and Line2.
Here is the quick comparison table to evaluate which one is better for your VoIP business needs. The comparison is based on different parameters such as features, price, and overall services to decide which one stands out.
Line2 Alternative – CallHippo
|Pricing|| Line2 offers both monthly and annual plans Monthly|
|Suitable for company size|
|Product info||CallHippo is an excellent software tool that fulfil all the phone system related requirement of businesses||Line2 is a browser-based telephone system which is most useful for SMBs and sales teams|
* The above comparison clearly shows that CallHippo is one of the best Line2 alternatives In 2021 because of its customisation abilities, pricing affordability, customer support, and other such excellent features.
If your business is looking for a simple yet affordable virtual phone number provided with a robust set of features that are easy-to-use, CallHippo is the top VoIP based alternative. The company also offers a free trial to help you make an informed decision. Visit CallHippo’s website to know all the details.
Top 10 Line2 Alternatives in 2023
CallHippo and Line2 are both virtual phone systems that businesses can use to streamline their calling processes. However, CallHippo is the best Line2 alternative. It offers advanced features like Power Dialer and Automatic Call Distribution, seamless integration with third-party tools, better customer support, and pocket-friendly plans.
- Click to dial
- Global connect
- Call forwarding
- Smart Switch
- Skill-based call routing
- Call queuing
- After-call work
- CallHippo offers excellent customer support with a focus on prompt query resolution.
- The platform provides advanced features like Power Dialer and Automatic Call Distribution, which can help improve productivity and streamline calling processes.
- The intuitive and user-friendly interface makes it easy for businesses to manage their calling activities.
- CallHippo integrates with over 50+ third-party tools, ensuring seamless workflows and higher efficiency.
- Some of CallHippo’s features may be challenging to set up, requiring technical expertise or assistance.
- Occasionally, connectivity issues may result in dropped calls or poor quality.
- The mobile app has room for improvement.
- CallHippo charges per minute, which may result in higher bills if you make many long-distance calls.
- Basic Plan: $0 per user per month
- Bronze Plan: $16 per user per month
- Silver Plan: $24 per user per month
- Platinum Plan: $40 per user per month
2. Google Voice
Google Voice is an ideal virtual phone system for businesses with limited calling needs or tight budgets since it is free. It seamlessly integrates with all Google services, and users can access it from any internet-enabled device. Moreover, Google Voice’s user-friendly interface makes call management easy, even for those with limited technical knowledge.
- Unlimited text messaging in the US
- Google Fi Compatible (only in the US)
- Voicemail transcription
- Google Calendar integration
- Google Meet integration
- Service level agreements
- Call forwarding
- Multi-level auto attendant
- Google Voice allows users to make international calls at affordable rates, making it a great option for businesses with international clients or customers.
- It integrates seamlessly with other Google products like Gmail and Google Calendar, making it easy for users to manage their communications and schedule.
- Google Voice offers advanced call screening features that allow users to block unwanted calls and send them straight to voicemail.
- The strong call quality and reliability ensure businesses communicate effectively with their clients and customers.
- Google Voice is unsuitable for businesses with high call volumes because it has limited call management and analytics features.
- It does not offer the ability to transfer calls to another user.
- Google Voice lacks advanced call features like call recording and conference calling.
- The customer support for Google Voice can be limited.
- Starter Plan: $10 per user per month
- Standard Plan: $20 per user per month
- Premier Plan: $30 per user per month
RingCentral is a leading Line2 competitor as it offers more features like team messaging, video conferencing, and screen sharing. Additionally, RingCentral’s customer support is more comprehensive and available 24/7, whereas Line2 only offers support during business hours. It also provides better integration with third-party tools, making it a more versatile and efficient option for businesses of all sizes.
- Unlimited domestic calling
- SMS and MMS
- Single sign-on
- Auto call recording
- Advanced call monitoring and handling
- Multi-site management
- Internet fax
- Business analytics
- RingCentral offers various features you can customize per your requirements.
- The web meetings feature of RingCentral is consistently reliable, offering a seamless experience for participants.
- It integrates with several third-party tools.
- The platform has an easy-to-use, intuitive interface.
- The call quality can be inconsistent and may suffer from lag or distortion, especially during high-traffic times.
- The pricing plans offered by RingCentral can be confusing, and businesses may end up paying more than expected due to hidden fees or additional charges.
- RingCentral’s customer support can be slow to respond.
- The mobile app for RingCentral has received mixed reviews and may not be as user-friendly as the desktop version.
- Essential Plan: $19.99 per user per month
- Standard Plan: $27.99 per user per month
- Premium Plan: $34.99 per user per month
- Ultimate Plan: $49.99 per user per month
Aircall is better than Line2 as it offers a more complete and budget-friendly communication solution. With advanced features like call routing and voicemail transcription, Aircall streamlines communication processes, resulting in more efficient and effective communication. Furthermore, its pricing structure is straightforward and flexible, making it easy for businesses to manage communication costs.
- Unlimited inbound calls
- 100+ integrations and API access
- Send and receive SMS
- Call recording
- Mandatory call tagging
- Analytics and call monitoring
- Aircall is a cost-effective option for businesses of all sizes.
- The platform seamlessly integrates with HubSpot, simplifying workflows and processes.
- Its user-friendly interface enables non-technical users to make the most of it without training.
- The intuitive platform enables users to make calls quickly and manage communications efficiently.
- Customer support can be slow, leading to long wait times.
- Aircall experiences occasional bugs and glitches, which can frustrate users.
- Some users have reported poor call quality, including frequent jitters and call drops.
- The reporting and analytics features could be more detailed and robust.
- Essentials- $30/user per month, billed annually
- Professional – $50/user per month, billed annually
- Custom Plan
With AI-powered voice recognition and transcription features, Dialpad streamlines communication processes and saves time for businesses. Its integrations with popular workspaces like G Suite and Microsoft Office enhance team collaboration and make communication more seamless. Also, it offers a 99.99% uptime guarantee and 24/7 customer service to assist you around the clock.
- Unlimited calling
- AI-powered call and voicemail transcriptions
- Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 integrations
- Unlimited video meetings
- 25 ring groups per department
- Global SMS capabilities
- Open APIs and webhooks
- Dialpad’s AI-powered Voice Intelligence technology transcribes and analyzes calls in real time.
- It has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, even for those who may not be technically savvy.
- Unlimited video recordings are included for easy recording and sharing of virtual meetings.
- Its mobile app allows users to make and receive calls from anywhere.
- Dialpad is not available worldwide.
- It has limited integration options and might not meet the needs of businesses requiring specific integrations.
- Dialpad can be relatively expensive compared to other VoIP providers.
- Users have reported frequent call quality issues with Dialpad.
- Standard Plan: $15 per user per month
- Pro Plan: $25 per user per month
- Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing
Looking for Line2 alternatives that offer robust communication features and flexibility? Sideline is a powerful communication solution providing a dedicated business phone number, enabling you to separate your personal and professional communications. Sideline offers an intuitive and user-friendly interface, making it easy to use its various features, such as messaging, voicemail, and call forwarding.
- Auto reply
- Block spam calls
- Unlimited messaging
- Web texting
- Number porting
- Ring and text tones
- Its clean and user-friendly interface makes it easy for users to navigate and manage their calls and messages.
- Sideline includes a voicemail transcription feature.
- The platform integrates with various productivity tools, including Google Workspace and Slack.
- The app allows users to customize their voicemail greeting, creating a more professional and personalized experience for callers.
- Some users have reported issues with call quality and dropped calls.
- The platform may not be suitable for businesses with high call volumes, as it is designed for individual professionals rather than large teams.
- The app can sometimes be slow to load, impacting communication speed.
- Sideline does not include advanced features such as call recording and auto-attendant, which may be a drawback for some businesses.
- Monthly Plan: $9.99
- 6-Month Plan ($8.33 per month): $49.99
- 12-Month Plan ($8.33 per month): $99.99
Nextiva is a strong Line2 competitor that offers a comprehensive VoIP solution with advanced features (like workflow automation, file management, and customer surveys), an easy-to-use interface, and reliable call quality. It also integrates with popular business tools such as Salesforce, Hubspot, and Microsoft Teams.
- Unlimited voice and video calling
- Toll-free numbers
- Microsoft Outlook and Google Contacts integration
- Unlimited conference calls, up to 40 participants
- Screen sharing
- Auto attendant
- Nextiva provides excellent customer support to help businesses with their phone system setup and management.
- The call quality of Nextiva is high, ensuring clear and smooth communication for users.
- It offers advanced call management features such as call recording, voicemail-to-email transcription, and more, increasing productivity and efficiency.
- The highly customizable platform allows businesses to tailor the system to their specific needs and preferences.
- Nextiva can be relatively expensive compared to other communication platforms, especially for small businesses or startups with limited budgets.
- Users have reported occasional glitches or bugs while using the platform.
- While Nextiva offers a wide range of features, not all are as robust as they should be.
- The platform’s mobile app has received mixed reviews, with some users reporting that it is not as intuitive or user-friendly as the desktop version.
- Essential Plan: $23.95 per user per month
- Professional Plan: $27.95 per user per month
- Enterprise Plan: $37.95 per user per month
3CX is a powerful Line2 alternative offering businesses a feature-rich, cost-effective communication solution. One of the key advantages of 3CX is its all-in-one platform, which includes various advanced features such as video conferencing, live chat, and web meeting capabilities. Moreover, its intuitive web-based management console makes it easy for businesses to set up and manage their communications without extensive training.
- Ring group
- Auto attendant
- Video conferencing
- Team messaging
- Live chat
- Multi-level IVR
- 3cx offers flexible deployment options, allowing businesses to choose between on-premises or cloud-hosted solutions depending on their needs.
- The platform offers a range of advanced call features like call recording, voicemail-to-email, and video conferencing.
- 3cx has a user-friendly interface and intuitive mobile and desktop apps.
- It offers competitive pricing plans compared to other VoIP providers, making it an affordable option for businesses of all sizes.
- Some users have reported call quality issues, which can be frustrating for businesses that rely heavily on clear and consistent communication.
- The installation and setup process of 3cx can be complicated, especially for businesses without technical expertise or IT support.
- 3cx has limited integrations with other software and tools.
- Customer support can sometimes respond slowly, which can be problematic for businesses with urgent issues or questions.
- Startup Free: $0 per year for 10 users
- Startup Pro: $175 per year for 10 users
- Dedicated Pro: $295 per year for 4 sim calls
- Dedicated Enterprise: $330 per year for 4 sim calls
Built for startups and small businesses, OpenPhone is one of the leading Line2 competitors that offers features like unlimited texting and calling, call recording, and voicemail transcription. You can integrate it with numerous third-party applications, including HubSpot, Slack, and Zapier. This will help automate tedious after-call work and eliminate duplicate data entries.
- One local or toll-free phone number per user
- Unlimited calling and messaging to the US and Canada
- Voicemail to text transcription
- Call recording
- Call transfers
- Analytics and reporting
- OpenPhone offers a free trial, allowing you to try the tool before purchasing.
- It provides unlimited calling and texting within the US and Canada.
- OpenPhone’s mobile and desktop apps are user-friendly.
- OpenPhone allows businesses to add multiple phone numbers to their account.
- The call quality can sometimes be inconsistent, depending on the strength of the internet connection and other factors.
- OpenPhone doesn’t offer advanced call routing and management features, which may be a drawback for businesses with high call volumes.
- Some users have reported issues with the app crashing or freezing.
- OpenPhone’s pricing plans may not be suitable for all businesses.
- Standard: $13 per user per month
- Premium: $20 per user per month
- Enterprise: Custom plan
Grasshopper is one of the best Line2 alternatives offering features like voicemail, call forwarding, business texting, and call recording. It also has an AI-based receptionist to direct callers to the right department. Its pricing plans are flexible and affordable, with no setup fees or long-term contracts.
- Desktop and mobile apps
- Business texting
- Call forwarding
- Voicemail transcription
- Virtual Assistant
- Instant response
- Grasshopper allows you to easily add extensions and voicemails, making it simple to manage calls and messages.
- It offers flexibility for businesses with remote teams by supporting VoIP and Wi-Fi calling.
- Grasshopper’s setup process is easy, allowing companies to quickly start using their phone system without technical expertise.
- Its mobile and desktop apps provide a seamless experience to users.
- Grasshopper has limited features compared to other VoIP providers.
- The lack of call recording capability may be a disadvantage for businesses that need to record calls for training or quality assurance purposes.
- Advanced call features like auto dialer, call analytics, and auto-attendant are unavailable.
- It is quite expensive than others in this list.
- Solo: $26 per month
- Partner: $44 per month
- Small Business: $80 per month
How We Evaluated These Line2 Alternatives?
We looked at each Line2 competitor’s features, including call management, call recording, voicemail transcription, and integrations with other business tools. We evaluated how comprehensive and user-friendly these features are and how well they align with the needs of different types of businesses.
We compared the pricing plans of each Line2 alternative, evaluating the value for money they offer for different business sizes and usage requirements. We considered the initial and ongoing costs, including additional fees for specific features or usage limits.
3- Customer Support
We assessed the quality and availability of customer support provided by each alternative, including email, phone, and chat support. We evaluated the responsiveness and helpfulness of the support teams and the resources available for self-help.
4- Call Quality
We evaluated the reliability and quality of the call connections provided by each alternative, including the ability to make and receive calls on different devices and networks. We also looked at the level of customization available for call settings, such as call forwarding and voicemail greetings.
5- Ease of Use
We considered how easy it is for businesses to set up and use each alternative, especially for those with limited technical expertise. We evaluated each alternative’s user interfaces and mobile apps, the setup process, and any training resources available. We also looked at the level of customization and flexibility available for businesses to tailor the system to their specific needs.
Declaration: The information presented on this comparison page is for general informational purposes only. We have made every effort to ensure that the information provided is accurate, but we make no guarantees. Please use this information at your own risk and conduct your own research before making any decisions based on it.
List of other Line2 alternative
Frequently Asked Question
Which is the best alternative for Line2?
With its ability to empower your teams and help achieve milestones, CallHippo, without a doubt, is the best alternative for Line 2. Additionally, round-the-clock support and multiple integrations empower your team to achieve more without any external dependencies.
How is CallHippo a value for money proposition compared to line2?
If you are looking for an efficient, user-friendly, cost-effective solution, CallHippo has to be your go-to company. Whereas Line 2 limits your business processes with limited features and integrations, CallHippo, with its vast array of features, affordable plans, and a bevy of integrations, provides you the best possible value for your money.
Which is a better investment, Callhippo or line2?
CallHippo scores one over Line2 when it comes to calculating return on investment. CallHippo is specifically designed to help teams be more efficient and productive. With its 24*7 support, a wide range of features, and multiple integrations CallHippo empowers teams to provide the best possible customer service.