Senior Writer: Supriya Bajaj
Since how long have you wanted to expand your business to Hongkong? And you were putting it off just because you don’t have an office there, and you are worried about how would you handle customer queries and communication? Well, we have an idea for you, using which you can set up everything and be ready to manage Hongkong business from your country. The idea is to get a virtual phone number.
What Is Hongkong Virtual Number?
Virtual, as the name suggests is a number that does not directly represent a local phone line. Working as an intermediary, these numbers are developed to route a local to another number in a different area and even different countries like Hongkong. Thus, the caller can still call a local Hongkong number while connecting to the client out of his local range.
Businesses often target users in different Hongkong cities in order to expand their scope of business, competitiveness, and clientele. Many a time, they face the challenge of communicating with them as local Hongkong users avoid making inquiries on international help desks or numbers outside their region that cost them. This is where virtual phone numbers come to their rescue. Using a Hongkong virtual phone number, businesses can set up their presence in a region without being physically present there. Do you understand the importance of having a local Hongkong number now?
"Regardless of the country, the main goal of every business organization is to find a cost-effective way to reach their customers globally. So, if you want to set up or expand your business in Hongkong the best way to accomplish that is to opt for a virtual phone number provider in Hongkong as it offers robust functionalities, seamless connectivity, and is so cost-effective that even small and medium businesses can afford it."
Features A Hongkong phone number provider Should Have.
Most businesses do not see the requirement of getting a virtual phone number. They feel that business communication is running on the right track, and there is no need to make costly investments. However, with various sophisticated advancements in the field of virtual telephony, there is a lot to gain by getting a VoIP phone system for your organization.
Most modern service providers offer customized packages that give business firms a professional appearance and reduce their communication expenses. Virtual phone numbers are hassle-free, user-friendly, and require no sophisticated hardware or software components for installation. Most call center softwares can be set up in just a couple of minutes!
Hongkong phone numbers should have many functional novel features that boost workplace productivity. It leads to a reduction of manual effort, saves time, and drives better output. Here are some useful features of a virtual phone number in Hongkong that can increase operational efficiency:
- Call Forwarding: This is one of the most beneficial features of international phone numbers. It allows users to forward business calls to any other personal mobile number or landline. Hence, if an employee is unable to take calls, they can be easily redirected to an available agent. This makes sure that company representatives attend all customer calls and delights clients as they have a holistic experience.
- Call Recording: Organizations need to maintain a record of all customer calls. Virtual phone numbers have a new facility of call recording where all conversations with clients can be saved and accessed at a later time. This allows managers to identify any problem areas in customer support, and train employees to respond better to customer problems. Call recording makes sure that all vital customer call data is stored at a unified place, and team members can access these records at any later stage to enhance service levels.
- Interactive Voice Response: Automated voice technology is an excellent benefit of international phone numbers. Interactive voice response (IVR) allows customers to listen to voice menus, and self-direct themselves to the required extension number or department. This reduces the need for a full-time receptionist, saves costs, and empowers clients to get speedy service round the clock. IVR is a multilingual feature; hence, it is the perfect tool for international clients as it can serve them in their preferred language choice.
- Call Planner: Organizations that deal with a high volume of global clients need to plan their business communication effectively. Call planner is a useful feature of voip phone system as it informs users about the time zone and day in another country. This helps team members plan calls or conferences at a time slot of mutual convenience. Your employees appear as professional and do not end up annoying a global client by calling at the wrong time. Hence, time planners are a smart asset that can boost productivity and facilitate seamless two-way communication.
- Call Queuing: Many time organizations handle multiple calls at the same time, and this leaves customers waiting in queues for a long time. Call queuing is an exciting feature of international phone numbers, and it places incoming calls in a structured line when agents are already busy attending calls. This ensures that calls are answered in a particular order so that customers can be served speedily and responsively. Virtual phone solutions even play pre-recorded music and messages for clients while they wait in the queue, thus forging a secure connection with loyal customers.
- Number Portability: Businesses do not want to continually change their business phone number as it is a distinctive identity. Number portability makes it possible for companies to improve their geographical location or service provider but still retain their old number. Virtual phone numbers can be ported to any other service provider at any time, thus maximizing flexibility. Number portability is a very useful feature as it makes sure businesses can keep their old number, and clients can get in touch with them at any time.
How To Get A Hongkong virtual phone number?
Are you looking to buy a phone number? CallHippo has the largest directory of Hongkong virtual phone number and Hongkong toll-free numbers. You can widen your horizons and grow your business significantly by allowing your customers to contact you from anywhere in the world quickly. Hongkong phone numbers will help boost your visibility and the number of incoming calls to your business.
In today’s cut-throat competition, businesses like you must look for every possible advantage to market themselves. And, it is an undeniable factor that the phone is the most powerful tool to generate sales. Having a virtual phone number only increases your chances of converting more potential customers. With CallHippo, getting a Hongkong phone number is super quick and hassle-free.
Advantages Of Having A Virtual Phone Number In Hongkong
- Call charges are cheaper than the traditional phone carriers
- Businesses with a virtual mobile number are recognized professionally. Plus, you can generate sales while being on the move.
- When you incorporate a Hongkong virtual phone number with smartphone apps, you can place and receive calls from anyone.
- You have the freedom to choose your virtual phone number.
|Brand Name||Rating||Key Features||Pricing|
|Ringover|| Optimize Voice Strategy |
| Smart at €24 |
Power at €49
|CallHippo|| Call forwarding |
| Basic: $0 |
Bronze: $16 /month
Silver: $24 /month
Platinum: $40 /month
|Nextiva|| Auto attendant |
Mobile app and desktop app
Advanced IVR systems
| Essentials: $18.95 monthly |
Professional: $22.95 monthly
Enterprise: $32.95 monthly
|8×8|| - Unlimited calling in the US and Canada |
- Auto attendant
- Music on hold
- Team messaging
- Hot desking
- Call queues
| X2: $24 |
|RingCentral|| Business phone or toll-free numbers |
Unlimited calling within the US and Canada
| Core: $20 |
List of The Best Virtual Phone Number Providers In Hongkong
1 ) Ringover
Ringover, a France-based company, provides you with an international solution for your virtual phone number needs. It offers on-premise, public, and hybrid cloud solutions. Most of its clients belong to the healthcare, education, and insurance industries.
With a complete unified platform and automated processes, customers can reach you in any format. It uses Artificial Intelligence to match each customer with the best suitable agent.
Further, Avaya offers unbeatable customer support 24/7 on different channels – phone, email, live chat, and video. Besides, an information-rich knowledge base helps customers solve their issues.
Avaya is way too costly than other virtual phone number providers in Hongkong. Its plan starts from $109 per user, per month.
- Optimize Voice Strategy: Determine when customers need assistance from the agents by automating solutions for inbound and outbound speech, video, email, and chat applications.
- Digital Channels: Enable agents to handle all customer channels through a single platform. Match the customers with the best agents to enhance the customer experience.
- Mobility: Know when the customers are using mobile devices and offer them an online experience accordingly. Give them enriched service options just like wired callers.
- You can easily personalize the HR call center apps as per your requirements and your customers’ needs.
- Create smarter and intuitive interactions with Artificial Intelligence and enhance customer experience.
- Use real-time and historical data to know the area of expertise and the improvements required by the agents.
- There is no distinct ring to separate a line on hold and a regular incoming phone call.
- The continually increasing price is a significant drawback of the software.
- Calls are often disconnected while transferring.
e) Customer Reviews
The average user rating for Ringover is 3.9.
2 ) CallHippo
CallHippo virtual phone number solution caters to every small or open-source call center software requirement. With no upfront investments, CallHippo follows a pricing model where you require paying only for the features that you use.
Deploying a SaaS-based call center is very quick in your organization. The illustrations for working on every element offered enables your customer support team to adapt it quickly.
With CallHippo’s HongKong virtual phone numbers, you can handle inbound and outbound calls without any geographical restrictions. It offers an array of calling features to enhance the customer experience.
Moreover, it helps your agents deal with client questions effectively; thus, boosting their productivity.
CallHippo offers four different plans that vary in the features included. This includes – Bronze ($14 per user, per month), Silver ($18 per user, per month), and Platinum ($30 per user, per month).
- Global Connect: Know the right time to call your clients. Find out the time zone (time, day, and date) of a particular country where you want to place the call within a fraction of a second.
- Local and Toll-free Numbers: Select the best small business phone number from 50+ countries. Name the country, and CallHippo provides you with the local and toll-free number at an affordable price.
- Voicemail: Let your callers drop a message when you are inaccessible. Ensure no customers are left unattended at your call center tools with customized Voicemail services.
- You can enhance customer experience by gaining insights into customer history and other data when you receive a call.
- With a highly responsive customer support team, your agents can receive real-time solutions for any queries or questions.
- Along with Predictive Dialer capabilities, it also offers a keypad if your customer’s support agents want to make off calls.
- The reporting abilities are basic and limited.
- It lacks some features like IVRS.
- The dashboard should have been easier to use.
e) Customer Reviews
The average user rating for CallHippo is 4.5.
If you are new to the virtual phone system and may require extra support, you must give Nextiva a shot. With its efficient features, it helps your business unify the communication process.
Further, it has built a platform that fits in a company of any size – from small and medium enterprises to large enterprises. When it comes to its clients, most of them are family businesses, franchises, and sole proprietorships.
With real-time insights into the data of customers, the agents can make every customer feel that they are their only customer. Nextiva tailors the calling software as per your business requirements.
Nextiva offers four call center plans – Call Center Pro at $50 per month, Call Center Enterprise at $100 per month, Contact Center Pro at $100 per month, and Contact Center Enterprise at $130 per month. There is no free trial option, but they provide a demo.
- Real-Time Reporting: Measure every customer interaction and share customer information in real-time across your business and enable everyone to make better decisions.
- Automatic Routing: Right from routing all calls to a specific list of agents to offering all incoming calls to all agents at once, it has different routing options.
- Interactive Voice Response: Build multiple layers of IVR at one place while including the capability of connecting to other platforms and phone numbers.
- You can customize the music or record the callers hear while waiting for their call to get answered. It results in fewer customers hanging up the call.
- Without any changes in infrastructure, you can scale it to any activity fluctuations immediately.
- To enhance customer experience, you can route customers to the exact agent they need at the right time.
- Nextiva might not be able to integrate with your older systems.
- It requires rigorous training for staff to adapt to Nextiva’s work.
- The app for the software is a bit inconvenient to use.
e) Customer Reviews
The average user rating for Nextiva is 4.
8 x 8 cloud solutions help businesses take their customer and employee experience to another level. With a single system of intelligence on one platform, it enables your business to communicate faster and smarter. Backed by exceptional customer support, 8 x 8 guarantees excellent reliability.
Having helped over 40,000 business organizations in bridging business communications, it stands out in the industry with a robust communication platform based on the cloud.
It combines your business phone systems and a cloud contact center to deliver unified communication solutions. If your call center solution provider is seeking robust, seamless services, 8 x 8 is a dominant choice to make.
8 x 8 Call Center pricing is available by quote. You can request a quote based on your needs.
- Omni-channel Routing: Match every customer with the best agent, over any channel, at any time. Route the calls based on Skills, IVR, Inbound Chats, and more.
- Expert Connect: Bring agents and experts together to increase first contact resolution by 30% or higher.
- Quality Management: Identify and monitor agents, highlight high-performing agents, and enable collaboration built into the application to increase productivity.
- Leverage the system’s flexibility by adding new users and integrating it with industry-leading business systems worldwide.
- You can avail a complete set of communication tools to engage in virtual meetings, business phone services, and contact center solutions.
- It offers a user-friendly and management-ready application.
- The desktop app is pretty weak, slow to open and use.
- If you have a lot of numbers to port over, their per number port fees are higher.
- The software rings the phone and the computer simultaneously. It can be a problem for many.
e) Customer Reviews
The average user rating for 8 x 8 is 3.92.
5 ) RingCentral
With RingCentral, you can transform your customer engagement and boost your employees’ productivity. It offers inbound as well as outbound routing that enables call center agents to meet their customers’ communication preferences.
Its integrated suite provides Automatic Call Distribution, IVR, CTI, Auto Dialer, and PBX facilities.
RingCentral is available via a web-based subscription. You can utilize a range of features along with its optimization capabilities for scheduling, training, and monitoring agents.
Moreover, its advanced calling tools and real-time collaboration help you increase your business’ first contact resolution rates.
RingCentral offers three different plans – Basic, Advanced, and Ultimate, priced between $20 and $50 per user, per month.
- Intelligent Routing: A multitude of routing options, including, ACD, IVR, Skills-based, Virtual Hold, Voicemail, Omni-channel, Outbound, Social Media, Chats, and Co-browse.
- Whisper Coaching, Silent Monitoring, Barge-in: Supervisor tools help agents and ensure that they deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Call Recording: Gain insights into every call to monitor agent performance and improve agent coaching.
- It lets you integrate with a multitude of CRM solutions – Salesforce, Zendesk, Microsoft Dynamics, and Oracle Sales Cloud.
- Your managers can provide feedback to the agents on how they must navigate across the systems to optimize performance via Screen Recording.
- With Speech and Text Analytics, you can review customer conversations with key topics and phrases, and determine the trends.
- It is only as stable as your internet connection. If your Wi-Fi signal goes down, so does the phone.
- You can access the recorded calls only for the past three months. Sometimes, business demands to obtain calls in further than three months. RingCentral fails here.
- The prices are comparatively high compared to the services provided.
e) Customer Reviews
The average user rating for RingCentral is 3.75.
6 ) Freshdesk
If you are looking for a Hong Kong virtual phone number provider that provides all the tools for a contact center to function correctly, Freshdesk is the one for you.
With a multitude of CRM tools, your support team can improve their productivity and efficiency. At the same time, it empowers them to automate several functions.
Available at one of the lowest prices in the industry, Freshdesk is the best choice for small businesses. However, it can grow with your increasing needs and demands.
With over 500 apps in the Freshdesk marketplace, it dramatically extends your support capabilities. You can even build custom apps on Freshdesk.
There are different pricing plans with various features from Freshdesk. These are Sprout – Free for Unlimited agents, Blossom – $15 per user, per month, Garden – $29 per user, per month, Estate – $49 per user, per month, and Forest – $109 per user, per month.
- Social Media Support: Deliver solutions to your clients’ issues at a blazing speed. Prioritize urgent requests, tag conversations, and track the progress.
- Analytics & Reporting: Have real-time data on your dashboard. Measure the volume of incoming requests, agent’s productivity, resolution time, and more.
- Self-service Portal: Enable your customers to solve the issues on their own. With a well-structured knowledge base, let your customers navigate and find the solutions.
- You and your team members can come together on a single platform to resolve one or more tickets from the ticket interface.
- Integrate your phone and chat channels seamlessly with Freshdesk and empower your support team to carry out day-to-day activities efficiently.
- Track and measure the progress of your agents with real-time metrics to prevent any bottlenecks.
- You cannot customize the features as per your needs.
- If you want to have advanced functionalities, it may be cost-prohibitive.
- It lacks some calling features as compared to other providers.
e) Customer Reviews
The average user rating for Freshdesk is 3.5.
Talkdesk is best suitable for businesses that require handling a light to medium volume of calls. With advanced call routing features, it enables you to connect the customers to the right agent, team, or department based on the criteria. It helps you boost your team’s productivity with tools like local caller ID, email/desktop notifications, and custom permissions.
Make sure your Hongkong phone number provider meets the core business goals with Talkdesk’s monitoring and reporting functionalities like Call Barging, Call Monitoring, Prebuilt Reports, and more.
The Talkdesk desktop app is available on Windows and macOS. If you require any support, they offer it through an online knowledge base and live customer service email.
Talkdesk provides two pricing plans. One starts at $29 per user, per month when billed annually whereas its Pro plan costs $39 per user, per month plus the cost of additional minutes.
- Inbound Call Blocking: With this feature, call centers can maintain a blacklist of phone numbers to stop bots and spammers in their tracks.
- Call Control: Provide professional customer experience with call controlling features like hold, mute, blind, and warm transfers, and call conferencing.
- Ring Groups: To ensure that the calls are distributed in a manner that is beneficial to your business, you can ring multiple agents simultaneously with this feature.
- You can add summary nodes and disposition codes to your call log and integrate the same with your CRM to maintain customer information.
- Collaborate with your team members to resolve issues with one-click dialing.
- When a customer calls after a dropped call from your agent, you can automatically reconnect them to the same agent who fielded the call.
- You cannot edit a scheduled report once it gets created.
- It has limited integration capabilities.
- It supports only one browser – Chrome.
e) Customer Reviews
The average user rating for Talkdesk is 3.9.
8 ) Aircall
Aircall provides virtual numbers for Hongkong that can integrate with your existing CRM systems or helpdesk software. It is designed to provide comprehensive caller information to your customer support team.
With features like call analytics and real-time reporting, agents can monitor the call activity effectively and thus make informed decisions. Setting up phone systems is a matter of minutes with an aircall. It requires no hardware – just a computer, a headset, and an active internet connection are all that you need. Furthermore, it offers 24/7 phone and email support.
Aircall has two pricing plans – Essentials worth $30 per user, per month and Professional worth $50 per user, per month.
- After-Call Work: Gives time to your team members to tag, assign, and prepare for the next conversation.
- Business Hours: Set customized schedules to confirm when each of your numbers will be available to receive calls.
- Blacklist Numbers: Focus on your business-related conversations by eliminating spam callers and bots.
- You can set up call center management software in just a few minutes.
- It lets you forward calls to your personal mobiles so that you can answer a customer wherever you are.
- It offers dedicated apps for different platforms – iOS, Mac, Windows, and more.
- There are a lot of updates available now and then which at times irritates the users.
- It is as stable as your internet connection. Any issue with your Wi-Fi connection will cause the system to degrade.
- UI/UX isn’t appealing, and the app is not so impressive.
e ) Customer Reviews
The average user rating for Aircall is 4.
9 ) Bitrix24
Bitrix24 is a popular Hongkong virtual number provider whose all essential tools and features are free for up to 12 users. To add on, its iOS and Android apps are also free. Its cloud version allows you to start making and receiving calls within minutes of registering your account.
As this virtual number comes with a CRM, it can also be used as a telemarketing or customer service and support solution. Bitrix24 offers more than 35 virtual office tools like file sharing, Helpdesk, email server, video conferencing, project groups, workflow, and so on and so forth. You can also go for an on-premise version if you want greater control over data and source code.
The software is free for up to 12 users with 1 admin and 5 GB storage. It costs $39/month for 24 users, 2 admins, and 24 GB of online storage. The charges are $99/month for 50 users, 5 admins, and 100 GB of online storage. The professional package is for $199/month with Unlimited users, Unlimited admins, and Unlimited online storage.
- Inbound and outbound phone calls with detailed call history
- Automatic dialer, IVR
- Mobile and Desktop App that works on any smartphone, PC or tablet
- On-premise solution
- Intranet and extranet
- CRM integration
- Free up to 12 users and one can start using the software within minutes
- Saves investment in multiple platforms and software as it has over 35 software in one interface.
- Supports real-time communication
- User interface complex to understand and adjust
- Poor service and technical support
- Lots of tools, options, and software are bundled together to make the navigation slow and annoying.
e) Customer Reviews
The average user rating for Bitrix24 is 7.7/10
Callforwading is basically a virtual phone number company headquartered in CHARLESTON, SC. The website provides a better customer experience via support across phone, email, chat, and messaging apps from one screen, intelligent ACD, skill-based routing, IVR menus, real-time performance stats, automation, integrations, and much more.
The price ranges from $19 per agent per month to $89 per agent per month depending on the features and plans you opt for.
- Call Features: You get an array of call features like call forwarding, call blocking, muting and unmuting calls through a call console, automatic ticket creation, conference calling and so on.
- Routing and Queuing calls: Zendesk provides a smooth call routing experience with IVR, round-robin routing, group routing, overflow and after-hours routing.
- Telephony Integrations: You can integrate your own telephony system with Zendesk support and can access more than 70 telephony apps that plug directly into the Zendesk ticketing system.
- It has an easy-to-use and nice interface that can also be customized.
- It allows you to manage the platform from mobiles, tablets, and iPads as it has iOS and Android applications.
- The tickets can be assigned to multiple teams at the same time which allows them to work on a single query simultaneously.
- Prices can be a pinch to your pocket.
- The software does not provide customer history within their ticket profile. Also, there are duplicate messages when the ticket system is open and not assigned.
e) Customer Reviews
The average user rating for callfowrarding is 9.6/10
11 ) Cloudtalk
Cloudtalk is a company that offers cloud-based Hongkong virtual phone numbers for sales and support teams by leveraging cloud hosting on a SaaS model. Apart from the usual unlimited inbound and internal calls, click-to-call function, and automated call distribution, it also offers features like speech to text, integration with Salesforce and other systems, smart queueing, and custom reporting.
The base price starts at 15$ per month. The prices go on increasing as you opt for more features.
- Voice features: You can port your existing phone numbers to Cloudtalk or get short 5 digit phone numbers. There is also a fax to email feature. You can tag your internal phone numbers and also schedule and manage conference calls.
- Intelligent Call routing: Cloudtalk offers you IVR, caller-based routings, and VIP queues. You can also set a preferred agent for every caller.
- Integrations: Cloudtalk can easily be integrated with your CRM tools, e-commerce, and helpdesk solutions. You can import all your contacts from several sources and can get all customer data on one platform.
- Easy to set up and good technical support
- Since the app can be used on desktop, mobile, and browser, it gives you the flexibility to operate from anywhere.
- The software is perfect for a growing business as it is easy to scale and features can be added as per changing requirements.
- CloudTalk can easily integrate with Salesforce which allows hassle-free sync of CRM, sales, and support.
- The guiding manual is complex making it difficult for first-time users of cloud-based phone systems.
- Cloudtalk does not have a mobile app for android users.
e) Customer Reviews
The average user rating for Cloudtalk is 4.6/5