Are you in a need of a cost-effective telephony system that offers you flexibility in communication within the workplace, outside the workplace, and even eliminating the national territories? Well, the Virtual Phone System is an effective solution.
The world is advancing, so is the technology at a neck-breaking velocity. So, many major companies are giving up their traditional phone lines and taking up Virtual Phone Systems as a medium of connecting with employees and customers. The whole traditional process of communication is not dying, it is transforming into something that is intangibly advanced and flexible. Businesses can squeeze a lot of benefits from this trend through virtual phone numbers.
What are Virtual Phone Numbers?
Virtual Phone Numbers a.k.a. DID numbers are an integral part of cloud telephony systems which runs on internet connection and they are majorly used for global communications. Virtual phone numbers are available for all the countries in the world, so any user can call to any country from any country. A virtual phone number is a great choice for companies whose customers reside in various countries. So, they can purchase various numbers of different countries and use them from a common system – virtual phone system. So, a cloud telephony system lets you use many numbers from the same system.
Where it is used:
They can serve a varying degree of purposes. Some of the uses and purposes are described below:
1. Business: Most companies usually spend thousands of dollars on setting up equipment for their phone lines. They pay the phone company a considerable amount to have phone lines reserved for them. With this set-up, the companies not only require paying hefty phone bills but also for the maintenance of all the equipment.
More often, the virtual phone numbers are used by businesses with the customer support team or by call centers. One foremost benefit of having a virtual number for any country is that you appear local to the country you are calling to. But in reality, your business will be located in a different location and different time zone, whereas your customers will be in another place. Thus, virtual phone numbers are crucial for businesses with international clients.
2. Individuals: Migrants and travelers can also leverage the benefits of a virtual phone number. This helps their clients, customers, and even team members connect with them irrespective of where they are.
Entrepreneurs have to do more work – find their audience, market themselves, convince their potential clients, and more. This also includes giving away business cards comprising the website, email address, and phone numbers. At times, many entrepreneurs prefer keeping their number private to avoid annoyance from a ton of phone calls. In such situations, virtual phone numbers can be of great help.
3. Marketing: Some organizations utilize virtual local phone numbers for different promoting reasons for diverse channels as it enables them to keep a track of the traffic generated from various sources like Google AdWords, Facebook, etc.
4. Virtual services: Virtual business companies bind up their whole arrangements by this. Clients and workers of Multinational Companies (MNCs) are present around the globe. Virtual business phone numbers are far beyond being capable of connecting these global clients or companies or employees with ease.
Benefits of virtual phone system:
No hardware: Cloud systems are always an efficient and smarter choice for emerging businesses, and the sole reason behind that is, it provides robust features at affordable rates, and you don’t have to pay for any additional hardware.
Efficient: Conventional business telephones are much higher upkeep and costlier than virtual phone systems.
Simple set-up: The system works on the cloud, so it can be set up within a few minutes.
Remote: Virtual phone system helps you connect and collaborate with your global team as well as clients residing in any corner of the world from anywhere at affordable rates. Moreover, it gives a local presence to your business and thus helps you increase brand visibility wherever you have potential clients.
Communicational benefits: With a virtual phone system, companies can benefit from several features such as call forwarding, call recording, voicemail, IVR, and more. If businesses choose VoIP based virtual phone system providers, they can make the most of these features. This entirely depends on what companies opt for.
- Call Forwarding: You can forward incoming calls to any of your employee’s number if you are unavailable to attend it.
- Call Recording: Recording customer calls can help companies track the performance of the employees and train the new joiners.
- Voicemail: When you or your team member is unavailable to take the call, your customers can leave a voicemail. Depending on your providers’ settings, voicemail will be accessible right from your email or other-directed sources.
- IVR: It provides an automated telephony system that interacts with the callers, gathers information, and route calls to the right person or the correct department.
- Call Conference: This feature enables you to add a third team member to the ongoing two-call call and transform it into a conference bridge.
Those, as mentioned above, are a few features commonly provided by virtual phone number service providers. As you will move ahead, you will unveil more attractive features. Nevertheless, the features vary based on the service providers and the packages.
How to get a virtual phone number
All you need to do to get a virtual phone number is, take out your 5 minutes!
Here are the steps:
- Open an account with any virtual phone number provider.
- Once you open an account, choose a number of the country you are looking for.
- Get a virtual phone number of your selected county/counties
- Start using it from your desktop, laptop or mobile phone!
Features of Virtual Phone System:
Virtual phone numbers can be used as per user preference as there is no usage limitation. Below are some of the key features and advantages one can get if they use a virtual phone number for the business.
- Get your virtual number as per your choice.
- Get a toll free number and make the customer support better.
- Make thousands of instance of the number.
- Call recording.
- Set custom recording for the callers.
- CRM integrations.
- Voicemail and voicemail greetings
- Call forwarding.
- Call Analytics
- On Hold Music.
There are many virtual phone number providers in the market which offer great services at very affordable prices. CallHippo is one such virtual phone numbers provider which allows you to get virtual phone numbers of more than 50+ countries starting at just $6.
Last updated on