VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) systems are getting popular day by day. US VoIP business lines increased from 6.2 million to 41.6 million between 2010 and 2018. That’s more than 35 million lines in eight years.
While RingCentral is one of the most popular VOIP systems, it is not perfect for every company. So, here we bring the ten best alternatives to RingCentral.
Top 13 RingCentral Alternatives
CallHippo deserves to be on the top of the list because it has built a phone business solution that works for businesses of all sizes. CallHippo provides international phone numbers (of up to 80 countries) at an affordable price.
Here are the key reasons to choose CallHippo over RingCentral:
- You get 24*7 support, every day
- It has workflow automation for improved productivity
- Can be set up within minutes
- CallHippo also has an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system and power dialer for connecting with customers more efficiently
- Works with over 100 integrations (like Zapier, HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.)
|Bronze ($20/user/month)||Silver ($30/user/month)||Platinum ($35/user/month)|
|Free number, forward to device, SMS, Voicemail, call recording, and more||Everything in bronze + IVR, live call, after call work, call cascading, holiday routing, and more||Everything in silver + power dialer, 3-way calling, call barging, IP whitelisting, customer caller id, and more|
GrassHopper is yet another popular name in the VoIP industry. However, unlike CallHippo, which is perfect for businesses of all sizes, GrassHopper focuses on individuals and small companies.
Here are the key reasons to choose GrassHopper over RingCentral:
- It allows you to automatically transcribe voicemails so you can refer to the written document when needed
- 24*7 automated attendant that interacts with your callers when you are not around
- It has a virtual fax machine that allows you to send and receive faxes from the same number
|Solo ($26/month billed annually)||Partner ($44/month billed annually)||Small Business ($80/month billed annually)|
|1 phone number and 3 extensions||3 phone numbers and 6 extensions||5 phone numbers and unlimited extensions|
Nextiva is one of the top RingCentral alternatives. Started in 2006, Nextiva serves over 150,000 companies. Like GrassHopper, Nextiva also provides an online faxing facility.
Here are the key reasons to choose Nextiva over RingCentral:
- It offers unlimited calling and SMS
- Allows you to access customer and team communication within the same dashboard
|Essential ($19.95/user/month)||Professional ($20.95/user/month)||Enterprise ($27.95/user/month)|
|Unlimited calling within the US and Canada, free local and toll-free number, unlimited audio conference calls (up to 4 participants), and more||unlimited audio conference calls (up to 40 participants), screen sharing with audio and video, unlimited business SMS, and more||10000 toll-free minutes, unlimited audio conference calls, Amazon Chime, voice analytics, mobile app calls, and more|
8×8 offers multiple VoIP solutions to fit the needs of different companies and industries. Its hosted voice calls, voicemail, video conferencing, and text messaging features make it one of the top RingCentral alternatives.
Here are some more reasons to choose 8×8 over RingCentral:
- Built-in CRM integration for various platforms like Hubspot, GSuite, and Salesforce
- Skill-based routing
- Quality-management and speech analytics
|Small business phone system ($12)||All-in-one voice, video, and chat (starts from $25)||Analytics for administrators and supervisors (starts from $45)|
|Unlimited calls (within the US and Canada), call handling, intelligent call routing, and more||Unlimited calls within 14 countries, business SMS/MMS, call recording, and more||Unlimited calls within 47 countries, multi-level auto attendant, historical analytics, and more|
Built on the Google Cloud platform, Dialpad offers AI solutions to sell better. Its native voice intelligence feature increases productivity with real-time transcriptions and post-call summaries.
Here are some reasons to choose Dialpad over RingCentral:
- Works seamlessly across devices
- Allows you to pen down key points during virtual meetings
|Standard ($15/user/month billed annually)||Pro ($25/user/month billed annually)|
|Unlimited calling, call controls (transfer, hold, mute), custom voicemail greeting, voicemail transcription, and more||All standard features, local number support in 50+ countries, custom off-hours routing, API & webhooks, and more|
Launched in 2001, Vonage is one of the popular VoIP providers in the market. The primary reason to choose Vonage over RingCentral is that it uses cloud-based technology to continually update its communication ability over time.
Here are some more reasons to choose Vonage over RingCentral:
- You get a VoIP system with unlimited calls, SMS, and team collaboration tools
- Allows video conferencing with over 100 people
- Vonage promises 99.99% reliability
|Mobile ($19.99/month/line)||Premium ($29.99/month/line)||Advanced ($39.99/month/line)|
|Unlimited calls and SMS, Vonage app centers, and unlimited team messaging||Unlimited video for up to 100 people, multi-level auto attendant, CRM integration, and more||On-demand call recording, call group, visual voicemail, white glove set up, and more|
Intermedia is one of the top RingCentral alternatives because of its tiered services that fit businesses of all sizes. It doesn’t have any annual contracts, which is great for new and small companies.
Here are some reasons to choose Intermedia over RingCentral:
- Intermedia promises 99.999% uptime and backs the claim in its service-level agreement
- It allows you to check support tickets and access live chat
- Provides 24×7 support
Intermedia has not made its pricing public. You will have to contact the company for a custom quote.
Designed especially for small businesses, MightyCall offers almost 99.99% uptime. The best part about MightyCall is that it doesn’t charge you “per user.”
Here are some reasons to choose MightyCall over RingCentral:
- Affordable for new and small businesses
- It has a multi-channel activity dashboard that displays text messages, calls, emails, and social media interactions for each representative
|Basic ($29.99/month)||Standard ($39.99/month)||Ultimate ($99.99/month)|
|1000 minutes, 2 toll-free numbers, unlimited users, voicemail, and more||Unlimited minutes, 5 toll-free numbers, call recording, voice to text, and more||Unlimited minutes, 10 toll-free numbers, presence indicator, voice studio recording, and more|
Formerly known as Jive, GoToConnect provides unified communication solutions to organizations of all sizes. With its integrated suite, GoToConnect offers a PBX call routing system, automatic call distribution, and internet fax.
Here are some more reasons to choose GoToConnect over RingCentral:
- Allows you to customize your calling schedules
- Tracks agents’ productivity and provides real-time business reports so you can improve your call center’s efficiency over time
|User-based pricing starts from $19.95 per user per month|
|Cloud PBX, custom hold music, call routing, advanced ring strategies, up to 250 meeting participants, caller ID, do not disturb, unlimited call queues, and more|
Aircall is yet another great RingCentral alternative. It provides features like a power dialer and click-to-call. It also has dynamic switch capability, helping you avoid unwanted disruptions.
Here are some more reasons to choose Aircall over RingCentral:
- Consistent 99.99% uptime
- Enables you to forward calls to your mobile device
- The “call whispering” feature allows your agents to speak to teammates for better advice
|Essentials ($30/user/month billed annually)||Professional ($50/user/month billed annually)|
|Unlimited calls within the U.S. & Canada, call recording, IVR, voicemail, click-to-dial, and more||Salesforce integration, advanced analytics, live call monitoring, call tagging, power dialer, and more|
CloudTalk is mostly used by customer support and sales teams working in startups, small businesses, and ecommerce. It offers more than 50+ advanced calling features, including IVR, real-time customer card, custom reporting, and conference call.
Here are some key reasons to choose CloudTalk over RingCentral:
- CloudTalk’s wallboard provides real-time visibility across staff activities and identity behavior using sentiment or emotional analytics
- It has an ACW (after call work) functionality that allows agents to complete follow-up tasks, thereby improving customer satisfaction
- CloudTalk’s “speech to text” feature helps you convert your calls to text to facilitate search in your recordings and train your agents
|Starter ($15/user/month)||Essential ($20/user/month)||Expert ($35/user/month)|
|Unlimited inbound and intracompany calls, click to call, automated call distribution, mobile app, and more||All Starter features plus advanced analytics, real-time client dashboard, skill-based routing, smart queuing, and more||All Essential features plus power dialer, smart dialer, call monitoring, wallboards, and more|
Ideal for small businesses, Ooma helps you run your business from anywhere, provided you have an internet connection. However, unlike other VoIP systems in this list, Ooma is a standalone device that does not require a computer to run. All you need to do is connect your internet cable to the device.
Here are some key reasons to choose Ooma:
- Its virtual receptionist can help answer FAQs (frequently asked questions) when you are not in the office, keeping your customers engaged
- It has a mobile and desktop app that allows you to run your business from anywhere
- Multiple extensions for each of your employee
|Ooma Office ($19.95/month/user)||Ooma Office Pro ($24.95/month/user)|
|A mobile app, virtual receptionist, call parking, music on hold, call transfer, intercom, call forwarding, SMS, and more||Everything in Ooma Office plus desktop app, call recording, enhanced call blocking, and voicemail transcription|
Built especially for startups and SMEs, Line2 is a modern business phone service that’s affordable and easy to set up. All you need to do is sign up, and you will have a second phone line for work. You can then make and also forward calls using Wi-Fi.
Here are some key reasons to choose Line2 over RingCentral:
- It allows you to design your IVR system with an auto-attendant feature
- It enables you to communicate with people one-on-one and with multiple groups via SMS and MMS
- Has a call whispering feature that allows you to coach your agents in real-time and ensure customer satisfaction
|Starter ($14.99/month)||Growth ($19.99/month)||Business ($24.99/month)|
|1 free toll-free number, up to 5 lines, unlimited toll-free minutes, caller ID, call forwarding, and more||Everything from Starter plus call scheduler, auto-attendant, and more||Everything from Growth plus call recording, voicemail transcriptions, and advanced reporting|
VoIP systems are quickly replacing traditional telephones in contact centers. When choosing a VoIP solution provider, make sure it has all the features that you need.
Did we miss any of the top RingCentral alternatives? Which VoIP system do you use? Let us know in the comments.