Whenever you launch your business, it is not possible to manage contacts with your personal phone number. Doing so is neither professional nor scalable. As your team expands, the need for a virtual phone number will become more obvious. This is where virtual phone number providers come in handy.
Instead of paying expensive bills, tracking calls manually, and recording calls with difficulty, you can let your virtual phone number provider do it for you. You will only need to spend a reasonable monthly fee, and you will be able to take business calls anytime and anywhere.
Before moving on to the list of best virtual phone number providers, let us know why virtual numbers are so popular and why businesses need them.
Why Do You Need A Virtual Phone Number?
A virtual phone number or inward dialing number lets you make calls without a directly connected telephone line. Usually, such numbers are used to forward incoming calls to other devices fixed by the client or the VoIP provider.
Get Your Virtual Number Now!
Virtual phone number providers can help you set up a phone system, and you need no technical knowledge to operate these. Besides, they are ideal for recording voice messages.
Following is a handpicked list of top virtual phone number providers with their popular features. The list includes both open source and commercial software. Ready? Let’s dive in!
Top 25 Virtual Number Service Providers
The first in our list of virtual phone number providers is CallHippo All it takes is 3 minutes to set up a virtual phone system with CallHippo.
Besides, you can use it to integrate with 100+ tools and get access to local numbers from 50+ countries. What’s more?
It offers an easy-to-use interface, a robust backend facility, and 24/7 customer support.
Features of CallHippo
- It lets you make calls from the browser
- Purchase local virtual phone numbers at the drop of the hat
- Supports call forwarding, analytics, tracking recording, and queuing
- Facilitates easy collaboration with your team
- It helps you interact with callers, gather information, and route calls to the right agent
Ideal for small businesses, Grasshopper is one of the best virtual phone number providers in the market. It provides you with one professional phone number that you can use on your existing cell phone or landline.
Moreover, you no longer need to worry about porting your virtual number, as Grasshopper lets you do that without any hassle. So go ahead and handle multiple calls simultaneously by leveraging top-class call routing facilities.
Features of Grasshopper
- Provides 360-visibility of your business interactions across multiple channels
- It lets you make/receive calls using mobile or desktop
- Converts voicemail to text
- It helps you record professional messages and welcome your clients
Phone.com is an application that lets you configure your virtual phone number with ease. You can easily block calls by adding the number to your phone account.
Besides, it supports forwarding and screening. Interestingly, you can use it to dial any number by name dictionary and play on-hold music to entertain your customers.
Features of Phone.com
- Facilitates instant setup
- It lets you create custom schedules
- Sends multiple notifications for incoming calls
- Supports easy call routing
- Syncs your address book with the phone application
- It helps you personalize your call with greetings, voice notes, messages, and music
- Send/receive SMS on any local number
- Create and organize your groups and extensions
- It lets you set your unique caller ID
Designed for small businesses, MightyCall is one of the favorite virtual phone number providers of customers. It lets you decline calls, accept them or send them to voicemail.
MightyCall virtual phone numbers help you in many ways in day-to-day activities. It lets you set your flow and have a clear and conversational chart. You also get access to the complete history of your communications and run your company after business hours.
Features of MightyCall
- Provides unlimited calling
- It lets you select a tool-free or area code number without extra charges
- Allows call recording
- Listen to voicemails and get instant notifications
- Make/ receive calls from your PC using a softphone.
Hushed is a leading virtual phone service provider that lets you make calls, send pictures, and text clients. Moreover, the application is extremely safe and stores your numbers in a secure database. Furthermore, it automatically responds to any text messages sent to your virtual phone number.
Features of Hushed
- Lets you add and manage more than one number
- Provides access to your number using WiFi/data connection
- It helps you keep your conversation private and secure
- Allows you to record and customize voicemail
- Lets you integrate with third-party apps
PhoneBurner is a virtual number service provider that lets you make good business sales. Not only does it help with quality conversions, but it helps you integrate with tools like Zapier, Zoho, and Salesforce. Besides, you can use it to dial from any mobile phone without any hassle.
Features of PhoneBurner
- Lets you dial numbers from local area codes
- Offers many inbound phone numbers
- Allows transferring calls to any number
- Offers 24/7 support and helps you set up your account
- Simplifies the process of remote sales
One of the best virtual phone number providers and text marketing tools, VoxDirect is a must-have if you wish to scale your business. You can use it to make calls from your desktop, track calls, and read through voicemails.
Features of VoxDirect
- Use virtual receptionists to call
- It lets you transcribe voicemails
- Transfer calls to the right agent
- Allows you to connect with actual customers
ConXhub is one of the most user-friendly business phone systems in the market. You can use it to create multiple profiles and numbers and even make/ receive calls from various numbers.
Features of ConXhub
- Offers highest HD quality calls
- Lets you forward calls to mobile phones of any phone in the world
- Provides access to toll-free, local, or international phone numbers from the country of your choice
One of the best and unique virtual phone number service providers in the market, YouMail protects you and your customers from spam calls. You can use it to track missed calls, leave a voicemail and make conference calls.
Features of YouMail
- Offers custom voicemail greetings
- Get access to visual voicemail.
- Protects your privacy with a second phone number
- Automatically replies to missed callers
If you wish to monitor your calls in real-time, VirtualPBX can be your pick. It provides automatic call distribution (ACD) and lets you manage the call traffic of a specific department. One of the best virtual phone number providers in the market, VirtualPBX lets you customize your phone number with ease and build a strong brand image in front of your customers.
Features of VirtualPBX
- Lets you set phone availability
- Supports audio conferencing
- Forward calls to unlimited devices
- Provides Salesforce CRM (Customer Relationship Management) integration
- It lets you make calls from your web browser
- Provides a status indicator that helps you to analyze the status of the VirtualPBX platform
Talkroute lets you make/receive business calls with minimum effort. You get access to a variety of your numbers to fulfill your business needs. Talkroute lets you forward or route calls anywhere, send messages to your customers, and manage voicemails.
Features of Talkroute
- Provides detailed call history
- It lets you customize your welcome message
- Offers 3 or 4 digit direct-dial extensions
- Lets you set your phone availability
- It helps you manage user accounts and permissions
- It is easily accessible from Android or iOS phones
RingCentral offers virtual number collaboration solutions for small and medium-sized businesses. You can use it for team messaging, video conferencing needs, and calling.
Besides, you need not install any hardware with it, and it is very easy to install it. RingCentral virtual phone is one of the best options when it comes to HD quality calling.
Features of RingCentral
- Provides call forwarding facilities
- Lets you host a maximum of 100 participants in an online meeting
- Facilitates management of both incoming/ outgoing faxes online
- It is available in 100+ countries with a local dialing plan and international virtual numbers
- It lets you share file tasks and files online
Nextiva is one of the leading virtual phone number providers in the market and offers superb quality audio and video conferencing. Using Nextiva virtual phone, you can easily send/receive SMS and text messages from your mobile app. It even offers you a local toll-free number so that you can build credibility with local audiences.
Features of Nextiva
- Provides access to customer’s information when they call
- Get automatic feedback from your clients.
- Facilitates centralized information storage
- It lets you track customer interactions and provides a real-time view of clients
- Send online fax, text message, and SMS
- Supports unlimited conference calling
14. Google Voice
Google Voice is a virtual number service provider that offers call forwarding, text and voice messaging, and call termination facilities. It works perfectly on the web and smartphones. Thus, letting you make calls from anywhere. Besides, it uses artificial intelligence (AI) to filter spam calls.
Features of Google Voice
- It offers excellent customization capabilities
- Automatically transcribes your voicemail.
- It lets you connect with other people and organize your tasks
- GoogleVoice lets you configure your PBX(Private Branch eXchange)
- Can easily be integrated with Google Meet and Calendar
eVoice is one of the best free virtual phone number providers in the market. It offers call forwarding and lets you welcome your customers with studio-recorded greetings. You can even use it to read voicemails with ease. Moreover, eVoice lets you get a local number in your city and forward it to existing phone lines.
Features of eVoice
- Facilitates remote working by providing video conferencing facilities
- It lets you make/ receive calls from mobile or your desktop
- Offers call recording and call tracking facilities
- Supports speed dialing
- It lets you block phone numbers easily
Bitrix24 is one of the best virtual phone number providers that offers IVR (Interactive Voice Response) and automatic dialers. It lets you greet your customers through a welcome message. Bitrix24 lets you rent numbers in 43+ countries. Besides, it offers an automatic call distribution (ACD) facility.
Features of Bitrix24
- It lets you work with any equipment, including computers, iOS, and Android
- It offers a fully featured phone system
- Lets you transfer calls to other departments of your organization
17.Ooma Office Phone
Ooma Office Phone is a web-based virtual number service provider that offers call recording, voicemail, and automatic call distribution facilities. You can set it up in less than 5 minutes and even port your number with ease.
Features of Ooma Office Phone
- No need to install hardware
- Offers a cloud voice and business app
- Provides local and toll-free numbers
- Offers 24/7 customer support
- Lets you block any calls
- Manage your phone calls from a smartphone
Virtualphone offers numbers in 120+ countries and lets you record incoming and outgoing calls. You can even use it to send SMS to your phone number. Besides, it gives detailed information of callers like local time, operating system, web browser, and geolocation.
Features of Virtualphone
- Supports live chat with voice
- It lets you forward calls with ease
- Send voicemail and fax
- It lets you schedule calls with ease
- It lets you place international calls with ease
Exotel is one of the best virtual phone number systems for small and medium-sized businesses, startups, and enterprises. It lets you record and forward calls.
Moreover, it lets you identify calling patterns according to the volume of calls. In this way, you can reduce instances of missed calls. Besides, it can be completely customized to suit your business requirements.
Features of Exotel
- Provides real-time notifications when you miss a call
- Offers unlimited channels of communication
- Includes a visual drag and drop dashboard
- It offers a visual API that works
- It lets you track your productivity through call statistics
- Provides automated call distribution functionality that redirects call to the right agents
- Offers detailed analytics of each call
Vonage virtual phone provides you with a scalable, flexible voice message and video calling facility. It even offers a telephone keypad for dialing numbers. You can use it to make international calls and block/unblock numbers with your online account.
Features of Vonage
- It lets you link any mobile phone with your virtual phone
- Lets you change voicemail PIN with ease
- Supports customization of voicemail
- It lets you turn on/off caller ID or call waiting for facilities with ease
- Vonage virtual phone lets you easily set up the system
- It helps you quickly turn on/off the call forwarding feature
Blacktel.io is an online service that offers virtual phone numbers that you can use with any browser. It lets you make and receive calls, analyze calls and track them. This application lets you get local numbers from a preferred country. Furthermore, Blacktel.io makes it easy to protect your original number and forward calls over a virtual number.
Features of Blacktel.io
- Let’s you send and receive fax documents.
- Lets you use WhatsApp without a cell phone or number
- Supports call recording, forwarding, and call analytics
- Easily redirects incoming SMS to your chosen email address
Avoxi is an application that helps you buy virtual phone numbers online. You can forward calls to any location you like and even route calls for better connectivity.
Features of Avoxi
- Provides numbers from over 160+ countries
- Offers a custom caller ID.
- It lets you host unlimited calls with 500+ participants.
TollFreeForwarding.com is an affordable virtual phone number system that offers 24/7 customer service. It offers call forwarding facilities and lets you adjust your voice menu settings. Besides, you can use it to get local numbers for 120+countries.
Features of TollFreeForwarding
- It lets you make/receive calls immediately
- It helps you improve client communication with quality cloud-based numbers
- Supports you in expanding your business overseas
GlobalCallForwarding is a virtual number service provider that offers local, mobile, and toll-free numbers. It offers high-quality call forwarding services and lets you communicate efficiently by adding SMS to your number.
Features of GlobalCallForwarding
- Provides unlimited extensions
- It lets you customize greeting messages
- Lets you set the time of routing
- Facilitates filtering of calls using a black and white list
- Offers customer support via chat
- Provides a user-friendly control panel
CountryCode is one of the favorite virtual phone number providers among businesses. It lets you forward calls, record them and analyze them for better training of agents.
Features of CountryCode
- Supports seamless international calling
- It offers an easy to use interface
- Allows you to make calls by clicking on the country available on the site.
1.What is a Virtual Phone Number?
It is a telephone number that lets you make calls without a directly connected telephone line. Such numbers are designed to forward incoming calls to other numbers.
2.What are some of the factors you should consider while choosing a virtual phone number?
Here are some important factors you must consider before investing in a virtual phone number.
- Its pricing and what features it offers.
- Is it convenient to set up the virtual phone system?
- Does it offer services like call forwarding, call recording, and screening?
- Does it let you keep your business and personal phone separate?
- How is the quality of phone calls?
- Do they offer automated attendants, or does it route callers to the appropriate line?
3.Which are the best Virtual Phone Number Providers in the US & Canada?
Some of the best virtual phone number providers in the US and Canada include:
- Google Voice
4.Why do you need a virtual business phone number?
Virtual phone numbers are very helpful while running an eCommerce store or other any business. It is one of the best ways for customers to connect with you and grow your business.
5.What is a VoIP Number?
VoIP number is a phone system that helps you communicate with other people over the internet. These applications also let you make conference calls, send text messages and SMS and even send online faxes.
6.Are virtual phone numbers legal?
Yes, virtual phone numbers are completely legal, and you can use them in all countries.
7. How to get a virtual phone number in India?
Here is how you can get a virtual phone number.
- Visit the virtual phone number service provider’s website
- Sign up with your individual/ business details
- Choose and purchase any virtual phone number and start customizing the business number settings
- Once you purchase the number, the vendor will help you set up the number and will answer your questions
8. How to get a free virtual phone number in the USA?
Follow these steps to get a free virtual phone number in the USA.
- Sign up with any of the virtual phone number service providers mentioned above
- Enter your details and complete the Signup process
- Once you are done, you will be able to use all their features for the trial period
- Choose your business location and the major consumer hotspot
- Once it is done, your virtual phone number will get activated
So, this was all about the best virtual phone number providers in the market. Using them can help you simplify your business operations and serve your customers better. Still not sure about buying a virtual phone number