Communication with customers is the most crucial aspect for any Sales or Service driven businesses. Any dropped calls, delay in replies, poor communication quality, expensive hardware, etc. can definitely result in loss of leads and existing customers. The Virtual Phone Systems (VPS) were created to be a solution for all the above issues.
It shouldn’t be surprising to know that the Virtual Phone System is not much of a new concept. It has indeed existed for years now. But with the improved internet speeds and more sophisticated communication technology available now, there have been an enormous increase in the number of businesses adapting Virtual Phone Systems and as a result, a significant increase in the companies that provide virtual phone systems service across the globe.
Regardless of the status of a business, be it a small business or even a billion-dollar Corporate Giant, the cost of adding a Virtual Phone System is hardly a fraction of the benefits it provides.
Virtual Phone Number
Virtual Phone Systems are simply a web-based service that’s tailored to handle calls, voice mails, fax and messages for your business efficiently with the help of internet and modern technology.
The major difference between the traditional phone systems and VoIPs is that it doesn’t require any extra hardware device or complex cables running all around your office.
Currently, there are two general types of Virtual Phone Systems employed:
- First is the VPBX system. It’s simply an upgrade over the existing hard-line and mobile communication with the help of electronic systems. It utilizes PSTN or Public Switched Telephone Network. Though there are companies that still rely on these due to large number of telephones and devices relying on hard-line, it is not a very smart choice any longer.
- The second and the most widely used, is the VoIP phone systems. The term VoIP might seem familiar if you have used applications such as Skype. VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol. As the name suggests, it uses the Internet and Cloud Technology for the virtual phone system service. It can integrate easily with the existing communication network you have got and incorporate the Hard-line Telephones, Smartphones and other communication devices as well. It can easily integrate and work along with a virtual PBX system and in comparison, the VoIP systems are most affordable. All you would need to spend for is the Broadband charges and the virtual phone system provider’s subscription fee. Everything else is now your Virtual phone system provider’s job. Sit back and relax!
Features of VoIP based Virtual Phone Systems
With the advent of internet and all the intelligent devices connected to it, the possibilities are literally endless. The features are therefore more than a handful and quite beneficial!
- Numerous Local and Toll Free Virtual Phone Numbers
Your virtual phone system provider can provide you virtual local & toll free numbers instantly with the help of VoIP. You can catalogue them and make your business look huge and impress your potential customers.
- Get Calls Delivered Anytime and Anywhere.
You can specify the phone number(s) you would like the calls to be delivered to. Your virtual phone system will forward the calls to your smartphone whenever you’re not on the desk.
- Professional Greetings To Your Valued Customers
There can be times when a potential customer calls you and you can’t pick up the call, or in a different scenario, when most of the time is wasted in greeting every customer who calls. Your Virtual Phone Systems provider has the solution. Greet every customer with a professional recording whenever you’re not available. It can also be a life saver when you’re already on another call and needs some time.
- Re-route Calls Automatically
The beauty of VoIP based Virtual Phone Systems is, it’s INTELLIGENT. Your Virtual Phone Systems provider can jump the calls through several numbers either in sequence or to multiple lines at once till it is picked up by someone.
- Integrate Interactive Extension Menu
Definitely you’ve called some big firm’s customer care and have dialed according to the instructions to get where you exactly wanted without any human interaction from the other side. Wondered how they do that? The answer - Virtual Phone Systems.Let’s say you run a small telecommunication firm. To keep it simple, assume you have two departments, one handling Postpaid Connections and another handling Prepaid Connections. Now, for every customer that calls for some assistance, you would normally have to pass through a receptionist to know whether they’re a prepaid customer or a postpaid customer and then the call will be switched manually by the receptionist to the respective department. This method can be too much time consuming as well as wreak havoc if there are many customers waiting on-line right?Your Virtual Phone Systems provider can help you setup smart extensions that allow your customer to reach exactly where they need - all by themselves. This feature in virtual phone systems is undoubtedly extremely helpful.
- International Calling
If your business requires consistent international calls, the cost of international calling through traditional phones can put a significant dent on your revenue. With VoIP, you can make unlimited calls to anywhere on the planet without any extra cost.
- Call Conferencing
Call conferencing can be quite a bit of headache with the conventional communication media such as telephones and cell phones. And even if they’re possible, it is quite limited.But with VoIP based Virtual Phone Systems, you can easily have more than 50 callers on conference. And since you’re the Boss and this is cloud based technology, you can decide who can talk and who are limited to listening!
- Sophisticated Voicemail, Text and Fax Management
Your Virtual Phone Systems provider can handle your voicemail for you. They can transcribe it to text or convert it into audio file and deliver it to your email address.Most Virtual Phone System companies also offer SMS service that allows you to send unlimited messages to your customers. They can also handle the incoming text messages as per your requirements.Faxes are almost obsolete these days but every standard business still maintains a fax line. Most of the reputed VPS providers take care of Faxes as well.
- Hire Virtual Receptionists
If you are running out on the human resources to handle the incoming calls, most Virtual Phone Systems providers got you covered on this one too.They can provide you with dedicated virtual receptionists to attend to your customers 24x7. Keep your customers happy without spending even an extra penny!
Benefits of Using VoIP based Virtual Phone Systems for Business
The Virtual Phone Systems can be highly beneficial and crucial to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) driven by customer interaction especially when securing every lead and keeping your customers happy is an absolute necessity.
Let’s have a look at some of the positive impacts a VoIP-based Virtual Phone System can have on your business:
- Chances are your business already has a broadband connection. To make use of VoIP, you need no further investments other than choosing a virtual phone systems provider.
- Make or receive calls from all around the world at really affordable cost. This can save huge expenses especially if you need to make international calls often.
- Clients are always pleased to work with huge brands since they assume they’re reliable. Make your business look large with numerous local and toll free virtual phone numbers.
- Never lose a potential customer. Get your calls handled professionally and delivered wherever you need anytime, anywhere. This allows you the freedom to be off the desk without any worry.
- Host even international voice conference with numerous colleagues or clients with the help of cloud technology.
- Provide your customers with smart extension selections so that they could get exactly where they need to without any trouble. Keep your customers happy while saving you time and trouble.
- Log all your calls and even record them for performance evaluation. This can be crucial for productivity and elimination of flaws.
- You can make sure every call gets attended to with the help of re-routing it through all the phones till someone picks it up while keeping the customer engaged in greeting messages.
- You can even schedule calls and have it answered by a virtual auto-attendant. This will drastically increase your chances to secure a lead.
- Downtimes are no longer an issue. The cloud-based technology ensures easy backup and switching in case of downtime, and that too instantly. This isn’t possible with the conventional communication media.
Having a VoIP based Virtual Phone System has gone from being an option to an absolute necessity for business these days due to the increasing competition and smart consumers. The VoIP based Virtual Phone Systems evidently has a huge impact on productivity and growth of business while being affordable at the same time!
Just like everything else, the VoIP based Virtual Phone Systems also come with variations. There are packages to suit every business. Depending on your requirements, choose what suits your business the best and take your business to new levels!